PDA

View Full Version : [IGN] GTA IV looks and runs BETTER on PS3

Stephen!
28-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Sure, Gamoc's blog on Thursday was written mostly from the heart, but this morning IGN's exclusive GTA IV review was posted, and confirms much of what we said two days ago.

The perfect scoring game, with 10s across the board, clearly states that 'for those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in.' Strike One.

'There are framerate hitches here and there and (particularly on 360) there is some texture pop-in, but it actually runs better than I expected' the review goes on. Strike Two.

'The PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. ' Strike Three. You're Out, Xbox.

In case you missed all that: 'The slight visual edge goes to PS3.' So there you have it - if you want the most important game this generation, why the hell would you buy it on Xbox 360? Full IGN Review.

ScreamingRage01
28-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Well obviously it runs better on the better console. PS3 Home beats XBOX Live too, so yes - it's time for the PS3 to own. GTA on PS3 has outsold GTA on 360 too.

Stephen!
28-04-2008, 09:05 PM
How can Home beat live already when it's not even up and running?

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Well obviously it runs better on the better console. PS3 Home beats XBOX Live too, so yes - it's time for the PS3 to own. GTA on PS3 has outsold GTA on 360 too.

OK, I'm a Sony fan, but even I have to admit that is ultra-fanboyism. I don't even want to comment on Home until its come out, and GTA4 hasn't been released yet, we don't how which one has sold most.

Neil
28-04-2008, 09:12 PM

Dude home will NOT be better than xbox live, it is different but it's just a chat client like habbo but more detailed :rolleyes:
It's not exactly a big step up in anything, if PSN could of been better than xbox live just by giving the same sort of features, I'm not a fanboy and to be honest, xbox live will remain the best for online, home will just be a waste of space on the hard drive, a waste of money aswell

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Dude home will NOT be better than xbox live, it is different but it's just a chat client like habbo but more detailed :rolleyes:
It's not exactly a big step up in anything, if PSN could of been better than xbox live just by giving the same sort of features, I'm not a fanboy and to be honest, xbox live will remain the best for online, home will just be a waste of space on the hard drive, a waste of money aswell

I'm going to say exactly the same to you as what I just said to him, you can't say that until it's up and running. I also believe that is also free, unless your buying clothes etc. But it's still better then a console which charges it users with £000's in hidden costs.

Fez
28-04-2008, 09:18 PM
The only thing I'll use HOME for is to meet up with my clan doodz

brandon
28-04-2008, 09:18 PM
How can you compare PS3 Home and Xbox Live. They're different things. You can only compare Playstation Network and Xbox Live. :S

Neil
28-04-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm going to say exactly the same to you as what I just said to him, you can't say that until it's up and running. I also believe that is also free, unless your buying clothes etc. But it's still better then a console which charges it users with £000's in hidden costs.

You don't need it to be released to know it'll be pointless, it'll be cool for meeting up with people but that's what people go outside to do or play actual games, and I didn't mean home itself will cost but the items within it, and no console charges any hidden costs? :rolleyes:

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 09:24 PM
You don't need it to be released to know it'll be pointless, it'll be cool for meeting up with people but that's what people go outside to do or play actual games, and I didn't mean home itself will cost but the items within it, and no console charges any hidden costs? :rolleyes:

Lol, the Xbox 360 gets so many sales because it dirt cheap, yet to get a half-decent experiance you need to fork out £40 odd quid to get Live. Plus they mess up all the time...I don't even want to guess how many 360's the average user is going to get through until the next gen.

And no, you don't know it's crap until it's released. For example, Halo 3.

Neil
28-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Lol, the Xbox 360 gets so many sales because it dirt cheap, yet to get a half-decent experiance you need to fork out £40 odd quid to get Live. Plus they mess up all the time...I don't even want to guess how many 360's the average user is going to get through until the next gen.

And no, you don't know it's crap until it's released. For example, Halo 3.

You can tell if something is pointless, you bought a PS3 to play games on it, HOME is a virtual world where you chat, make your little guy look good and make a room, which you can do on habbo and just about any chat client, the difference is PS3 allows it to have fancy graphics, it still has no real purpose, all people will ever use it for is probably for clan meetings or something, which isn't exactly a big deal

You get more than a half-decent experience from paying £40 a year for xbox live, it's well worth the money
To be quite honest I haven't got a problem with an xbox breaking, yes they're unrealiable, they are pretty badly made but I get what I paid for, I didn't buy it to sit and play about in a chat client, obviously that isn't available to the 360 but if it was it still wouldn't interest me, I bought it to play games, I will buy a PS3 in a few weeks hopefully to play the games, I bought a Wii for the games, when I get a PS3 and HOME is released I will download it, see what it's like then delete it to save the space for game installs, my opinion - Home will be as useless as every other chat client.

Ashley 12344
28-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I got a fair bit of play time out of Halo 3.

The 'strikes' your coming up with are barely better. Definitly not a significant difference.

So HOME's just like some random little chat thing where you can do pretty much **** all? Clutching at straws against LIVE if you ask me.

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 09:34 PM
It's not just a chat room :rolleyes: It's bringing all the achievements and stuff and places where we can download extra things for games. R* themselves have said they will be using Home to bring us DLC. The reason for the client is to make it easier to meet and communicate with your freinds, because atm our system for that is pretty crap.

Ashley 12344
28-04-2008, 09:37 PM
It's not just a chat room :rolleyes: It's bringing all the achievements and stuff and places where we can download extra things for games. R* themselves have said they will be using Home to bring us DLC. The reason for the client is to make it easier to meet and communicate with your freinds, because atm our system for that is pretty crap.

So its like a more time consuming version of the LIVE marketplace? Instead of selecting something you get to walk upto it, and then buy it? The joy...

Neil
28-04-2008, 09:38 PM
I got a fair bit of play time out of Halo 3.

The 'strikes' your coming up with are barely better. Definitly not a significant difference.

So HOME's just like some random little chat thing where you can do pretty much **** all? Clutching at straws against LIVE if you ask me.

It's like habbo, same sort of features like customize your guy but I bet most of the stuff costs, make a room, which will also cost for furniture but you can watch game trailers on it but it's got nothing really useful that you can't already do on PSN

Edit - Except for being able to meet up and chat without actually play a game

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 09:39 PM
So its like a more time consuming version of the LIVE marketplace? Instead of selecting something you get to walk upto it, and then buy it? The joy...

No, because we also have the PSS :)

Neil
28-04-2008, 09:41 PM
No, because we also have the PSS :)

I hate the PSS...It's so annoying trying to use, well I found it annoying...Why not just do what MS did and put it like "demos" "game trailers" "arcade games" "ps1 games" or something..

Frodo13.
28-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I hate the PSS...It's so annoying trying to use, well I found it annoying...Why not just do what MS did and put it like "demos" "game trailers" "arcade games" "ps1 games" or something..

Have you used the new store? I find that alot better :)

Neil
28-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Have you used the new store? I find that alot better :)

I donno, I have no idea what the old one was, I just couldn't work it though...It's kinda simple but just not too obvious by listing in genres and stuff :S

GommeInc
28-04-2008, 10:07 PM
The new store is alot different to that now :) The Wii store is easier to use though, but that's another kettle of fish :P

HOME looks good, it brings together mucking around with friends in a virtual world and achievements and stuff. Although it would be useful if you could compare achievements without it, have to wait and see though.

Neil
28-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Do you download the new store or something? I'm certainly not a PS3 expert so I'm not exactly sure about how to work most of it :P

Pyroka
28-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Then a revelation hits you...

Graphics aren't the end of GTA4 on the 360. You deserve to be hit by a baseball bat for using strikes. Tell you what, 360 has exclusive content: you're out. :rolleyes:

GommeInc
28-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Do you download the new store or something? I'm certainly not a PS3 expert so I'm not exactly sure about how to work most of it :P
It's like updating on a Wii. You do a system update and the new store appears plus a few details on what the update changed (I used a Wii because I think you have one :P)

The exclusive content isn't that amazing is it? I would of that whatever the extra stuff with a 360 would be useless when the graphics that are going to portray it won't really show it off to its full potential. What is the extra content anyway?

Neil
28-04-2008, 10:19 PM
It's like updating on a Wii. You do a system update and the new store appears plus a few details on what the update changed (I used a Wii because I think you have one :P)

The exclusive content isn't that amazing is it? I would of that whatever the extra stuff with a 360 would be useless when the graphics that are going to portray it won't really show it off to its full potential. What is the extra content anyway?

So it doesn't auto-update like the 360 but like the PSP when you choose to update freely?

And the exclusive content is 2 additional storys adding 10~ hours more gameplay each so 20 more hours of GTA for whatever they release it for probably £10 maybe £20, donno xD

Pyroka
28-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Exactly, gameplay. What the hell is wrong with people nowadays, I went back to my retro roots on the N64 where my widescreen telly made it look pixelated yet I had more fun than I would on my 360. You're forgetting what games are all about, it's not the graphics, it's the gaming.

Another reason PS3 fails lol.

[Chris]
28-04-2008, 10:31 PM
The xbox is older than the ps3 and still running the games at top-notch quality..
Yeh, we pay £40 a year for online.. but its a hell of alot funner than the ps3's online
I went on my friends onlinr and it really fails, and some of the hardware on the ps3 fails, its louder than the xbox and WOW you have bluetooth, i'd buy a phone for that.. or a laptop with it

Xbox has a hell of alot more online players

SO what if the graphics are slightly better.. its been proved that they look the same anyway.. the only thing different about the ps3 is that it loads the data straight into the hard drive to be used there and then..

If you are a true gta fan, you wont mind the 30 second loading for a game thats second to none...

also 30 mins!

GommeInc
28-04-2008, 10:37 PM
So it doesn't auto-update like the 360 but like the PSP when you choose to update freely?

And the exclusive content is 2 additional storys adding 10~ hours more gameplay each so 20 more hours of GTA for whatever they release it for probably £10 maybe £20, donno xD
Not sure, might tell you. I go straight to the system update section when I turn it on :P

Both consoles are about graphics rather than gameplay really, the PS3 just has the facilities to do this more than the other. The Wii on the other hides in the dark :P

Neil
28-04-2008, 10:39 PM
I'll get my uncle to update it then xD

[Chris]
28-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Not sure, might tell you. I go straight to the system update section when I turn it on :P

Both consoles are about graphics rather than gameplay really, the PS3 just has the facilities to do this more than the other. The Wii on the other hides in the dark :P

The wiis a little in the dark ages, its compared to the xbox and ps3 on bikes, and the wii walking, pointing a stick after the bikers going "get back here ye young whippersnappers"

GommeInc
28-04-2008, 10:42 PM
;4691409']The wiis a little in the dark ages, its compared to the xbox and ps3 on bikes, and the wii walking, pointing a stick after the bikers going "get back here ye young whippersnappers"
I think it's different :P The PS3 and Exbox 360 are two people fighting at a train station while they should be waiting for a train. The Wii is a person who walks those two and gets on the train, without them :P Completely different league.

[Chris]
28-04-2008, 10:45 PM
I think it's different :P The PS3 and Exbox 360 are two people fighting at a train station while they should be waiting for a train. The Wii is a person who walks those two and gets on the train, without them :P Completely different league.

The wii has a habit of walking no-mans-land

i sold my wii due to the games...

ScreamingRage01
28-04-2008, 11:44 PM
PS3 also has downloadable content. And on Home you can sit in a theatre and watch DVDs that you rent through the store, and differnet game manufacturers have their own virtual superstores. It's a whole city essentially in a virtual world. Much more interactive and feature filled than online games and the XBOX Live.

Neil
29-04-2008, 07:03 AM
PS3 also has downloadable content. And on Home you can sit in a theatre and watch DVDs that you rent through the store, and differnet game manufacturers have their own virtual superstores. It's a whole city essentially in a virtual world. Much more interactive and feature filled than online games and the XBOX Live.

Xbox live has exactly the same thing but less hassle, the only thing you can't do is buy clothes for an avatar

Jamesy
29-04-2008, 07:12 AM

Wow, one post and we descend to fanboyism.

Wouldn't say waste of space or money as it's a choice to download it :)

The only thing I'll use HOME for is to meet up with my clan doodz

What about meeeee? :'(

Home =/= xbox live. Completely different. Don't compare them and let's get back to how awesome GTA IV

ON BOTH CONSOLES :D

Smarty Party :8

Fez
29-04-2008, 08:19 AM
u smel.

On sorta topic : I'm still waiting for ze postman

Neil
29-04-2008, 08:36 AM
u smel.

On sorta topic : I'm still waiting for ze postman

Me too xD It feels longer than the wait for today to actually come lol

Alan_Carr
29-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I like it on 360, who actually cares, the games good newayz dnt cry.
Pathetic moaning over the graphics, sort ur lifes out.

Mario
29-04-2008, 08:09 PM
I disagree, the ps3 may have better graphics, but its only an opinion that it has better online.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!