PDA

View Full Version : whats a botnet

needvb6help
29-04-2008, 04:18 PM
i red somewhere about a bonet but what is 1 habbox a botnet?

needvb6help
29-04-2008, 10:37 PM
DoEs Any1 No WAIt A Botnet Is

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not multiple post.

Flisker
29-04-2008, 10:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet

Simple Google search isnt hard.

needvb6help
29-04-2008, 10:45 PM
dont have 2 post it in th@ way idiot

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/jamie/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgEdited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other members.

Zak
29-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Why planning on taking a website down for sometime?

Flisker
29-04-2008, 10:49 PM
-REP to you I was helping you then you call me a idiot.

needvb6help
29-04-2008, 11:49 PM
i red about botnets and went on dis forum and this guy had over 2000 bots on his botnet cud dat bring hxforum down?

Zak
30-04-2008, 12:04 AM
It's like a DoS attack..

and anyway, why would you want to take a website down.. ?

They could just ban your IP? :\

needvb6help
30-04-2008, 12:23 AM
I red that its a trojan wich turns you computer into a bot and the place where the admin controls the botz they make the computers ?dos? the websites but if yu had over 2000 bots flooding a website wouldt it make the website server crash before the have time to ban all de ips and stop the attk?

Dentafrice
30-04-2008, 12:37 AM
I red that its a trojan wich turns you computer into a bot and the place where the admin controls the botz they make the computers ?dos? the websites but if yu had over 2000 bots flooding a website wouldt it make the website server crash before the have time to ban all de ips and stop the attk?
1. Learn some english, no one is going to want to help you or try to help you with you talking like you were just born.

Yes, enough users visiting a webserver at the interval that a botnet and/or DOS attack does, is enough to bring the server down.

Even just too many visitors visiting te site, at one period of time, and overloading it wit requests will do the.

It really depends on a number of variables, the server, and the method it is done in.

;)

Purposeless
01-05-2008, 05:10 PM
dont have 2 post it in th@ way idiot

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/jamie/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgEdited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other members.

wth... lol

ontopic:

Yeah well botnet servers are basically trojans which once the user opens the server, they become a zombie computer.. Most botnets are run on irc channels where when the user opens the server they automatically join the irc channel and then the admin can send commands through irc eg.

".dos ICMP google.co.uk 80"

"." - to show that it is a command
"dos" - shows that you want to do a dos attack
"ICMP" - type of flood
"google.co.uk" - the website to flood
"80" - the port of the site to floodAlso some people have php botnets where they can control the attacks from there

screenie of botnet cp:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/189/botnetdl1.jpg

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!