PDA

View Full Version : Lots going down at Vbulletin HQ

Jordan,
29-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Two main things really

Vbulletin 3.7.0 GOLD has been released - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268833

Price changes - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268714

GoldenMerc
29-04-2008, 06:35 PM
ew price's have risen high

Jordan,
29-04-2008, 06:36 PM
only by $10

GoldenMerc
29-04-2008, 06:37 PM
still bit annoying

Jordan,
29-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Well the products are getting better thought

Lycan
29-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Well the products are getting better thought

Not sure "better" is a word i'd use, they are tho expanding

but with this price rise i'm sure i'll be looking elseware for good forum software after all i normally buy a vb because my visitors/customers have heard of it

TehJoshy
01-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Wonder when we will see Habbox running 3.7.x proberly when they update the blog addon :P

JustStyleDesign
01-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Is that the price charge without VAT?

Agnostic Bear
01-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Haha, looks like IP.Board is the smarter, faster and cheaper choice.

Excellent
01-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Haha, looks like IP.Board is the smarter, faster and cheaper choice.It is now but I still prefer vBulletin

Agnostic Bear
01-05-2008, 04:41 PM
It is now but I still prefer vBulletin

Enjoy having a slow, hard to skin & moderately more expensive forum.

today
01-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Its not hard to style ;]

Agnostic Bear
01-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Its not hard to style ;]

Compared to IP.Board, yes. Yes it is.

today
01-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Compared to IP.Board, yes. Yes it is.
I dont think so, i think they are just as easy personally.

Agnostic Bear
01-05-2008, 05:45 PM
I dont think so, i think they are just as easy personally.

vb's template back-end is horrible, sure it's easy to put the html / php logic in there, but finding the bit you want is stupid.

today
01-05-2008, 05:50 PM
vb's template back-end is horrible, sure it's easy to put the html / php logic in there, but finding the bit you want is stupid.
maybe but as you know i'll disagree ^_^ its mainly as i know where pretty much most of the editing is required, what to edit where to find it ect. I guess you just have to get use to it and mess around, takes time but ahh well! ;]

I dont like how IPB is designed personally, the way it is somehow doesnt appeal to me but it is a good forum software still.

Agnostic Bear
01-05-2008, 05:53 PM
maybe but as you know i'll disagree ^_^ its mainly as i know where pretty much most of the editing is required, what to edit where to find it ect. I guess you just have to get use to it and mess around, takes time but ahh well! ;]

I dont like how IPB is designed personally, the way it is somehow doesnt appeal to me but it is a good forum software still.

Oh yeah I'm not gonna be arguing like "you're wrong I'm right" kind of thing, I "grew up" with IP.Board so to speak, and as I'm a PHP coder I look inside both the sources quite alot, and where you're coming from (ease of use etc) is different to me (coding standards, structure and quality of code) so there are good points and bad, I don't mind the standard layout of vB, and I actually asked elkaa or whatever to put it on here, it's the only one that doesn't hurt my eyes :(

today
01-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Oh yeah I'm not gonna be arguing like "you're wrong I'm right" kind of thing, I "grew up" with IP.Board so to speak, and as I'm a PHP coder I look inside both the sources quite alot, and where you're coming from (ease of use etc) is different to me (coding standards, structure and quality of code) so there are good points and bad, I don't mind the standard layout of vB, and I actually asked elkaa or whatever to put it on here, it's the only one that doesn't hurt my eyes :(
Thats why we have different views, you gew up with IPB i grew up with vBulletin ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!