PDA

View Full Version : 360Desktop

Pyroka
30-04-2008, 01:51 PM
http://www.360desktop.com/

Well, it's a cool new thing that's in development. I just got invited to the Private BETA *brag brag* and I was wondering if anyone else had registered to it? I can't post screenshots of it working, but I'll tell yee what it's like and if you should download it when it comes out lol.

DaveTaylor
30-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Does it work on dual screen ;)

Pyroka
30-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Probably, yeah. It works on one screen and assigns itself as a desktop so I'm going to guess so. I'll try it now in dual.

EDIT: LOL maybe not. I think it was made for single screens to experience dual-screen...

DaveTaylor
30-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Probably, yeah. It works on one screen and assigns itself as a desktop so I'm going to guess so. I'll try it now in dual.

EDIT: LOL maybe not. I think it was made for single screens to experience dual-screen...

Had that slight feeling :p

The Professor
30-04-2008, 06:31 PM
I think I read about that on wikipedia. I wanna play with that cubedesktop thing, that looks fun :P

Pyroka
30-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I had the cubedesktop once, it was so weird. CubeDesktop I think it was called, I can't rememberrr. Ah, DeskSpace. ;)

Firehorse
30-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Very neat, I signed up as a beta tester :)

Javascrypt
30-04-2008, 07:12 PM
http://www.360desktop.com/

Well, it's a cool new thing that's in development. I just got invited to the Private BETA *brag brag* and I was wondering if anyone else had registered to it? I can't post screenshots of it working, but I'll tell yee what it's like and if you should download it when it comes out lol.

Thought u ment Xbox 360, Nice anyway.

Niko Bellic
30-04-2008, 07:13 PM
I've signed up as beta, hopefully this programme will be good.

Recursion
30-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Signed up but im not optimistic. I never use these types of things, like the cube in Linux.

Pyroka
30-04-2008, 09:10 PM
It's actually quite good, I'm using it quite efficiently. This BETA program ends in 20 days so I'm not sure whether BETA applications will still be open.

Jericho
01-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I will get flamed for this post most likely.

Here it goes..

..So its pretty much Mac OS X Dashboard or Yahoo! Widgets, mixed with Mac OS X Spaces or another desktop manager (I dont know any others). I like this, If I was still on Windows I would use this probs, I am a clutter freak, thats why im a Spaces addict on Leopard.

Jamesy
01-05-2008, 07:55 PM
I will get flamed for this post most likely.

Here it goes..

..So its pretty much Mac OS X Dashboard or Yahoo! Widgets, mixed with Mac OS X Spaces or another desktop manager (I dont know any others). I like this, If I was still on Windows I would use this probs, I am a clutter freak, thats why im a Spaces addict on Leopard.

1) you're not getting flamed. Flaming is a direct insult, get it right.
2) Dashboard and widgets are nothing like this
3) you even admit you don't know any other desktop managers.
4) not really like spaces.

If this was some rip off of another window management system then nobody would pay much attention to be honest.

Jericho
02-05-2008, 03:12 PM
1) you're not getting flamed. Flaming is a direct insult, get it right.
2) Dashboard and widgets are nothing like this
3) you even admit you don't know any other desktop managers.
4) not really like spaces.

Some of my points here will be poorly presented as im not good at explaining things.

1) Fair 'nuff

2) What I meant about dashboard and widgets is because the fella had added webthingys or whatever they are called to his desktop, which you can do with Dashboard, Google Desktop or Yahoo Widgets, I didnt mean anything much, they where just the first apps that came to my head when I viewed the videos.

3) Sorry, I didnt know there was a huge amount off them. I think there is one of the Linux distros has one which is like a cube.

4) It is like spaces, it expands your desktop space so you can have one window on the left of the desktop, and on of the far right, without having to minimize stuff.

Again, my points always come across poorly presented, PM me if you didnt get me, if you do you are taking it to seriously! :D

Jamesy
02-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Sorry, I do that and you seem nice enough for me to admit that :)

It's compiz Fusion the one with the cube and about spaces, although it is like expanding the desktop to be honest lots of things do that. OS X kind of took it from Linux in that sense.

Anyway I never got an email back, anyone got a link?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!