PDA

View Full Version : SSBB and Wii Freeloader problem (+REP)

mat64
30-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Ok so today my Wii Freeloader (EU) and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (US) came in the mail. As you'd imagine I was very happy to see the mail when I came in today and went straight to play the game. Having watching many videos on the internet about the Freeloader and Brawl I had made sure I did my research before the game arrived; should any problems arise. I set my Wii to 60 Hz as specified in the Wii Freeloader guide and let the disk load. Everything worked fine (ie the coloured bars appeared twice on the screen) and I then inserted Brawl as instructed, which loaded fine and I proceeded to start the game. The usual health and safety warnings appeared and afterwards I was prompt to "create a new save profile" for Brawl. I pressed Yes and I am brought to a screen with the options as if I had said No, I have the following options "Continue without saving" or "Return to Wii menu" on selecting either option I am returned to the Wii menu. The same thing happens if I choose not to create a new save profile.

My Wii version is 3.2E which was updated by the online update system, the only possible solution I can think of at the moment is to find some data from the internet that will supplement for this, however that means I need to buy an SD card which is yet more money ontop of the £50 I have already spent on this. I have Googled and Googled this over and over but to no avail. Feel free to try yourself though, as that's probley the best way to find a solution to this.

Aswell as this, If I insert the freeloader 2 times (although I think it's clear there isn't a problem with the Freeloader) I am presented with a "No signal" screen from my TV and yes it is in 60 Hz.

Suggestions that help is some way will earn +Rep

Niko Bellic
30-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Getting Started

If the Game that you wish to play is from an NTSC region then you may need to first set the display setting to 60Hz. For best results. This setting is found in the Tools Menu on your console.

Insert the FreeLoader for Wii disk and it will automatically load and run.

Multiple colour bars on the screen will indicate that FreeLoader for Wii is in operation. The colour bars will appear twice then the drive will stop.

Eject the FreeLoader disk and now inset the Game disk that you want to play. The Game will play as normal.

If that doesn't help then theres a small percentage that Wii's can't read the new disks they are using for the SSBB game, which means your lazer is gone.

mat64
30-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Hmm, I can play Mario Kart Wii though, that's newer than this disk surely?

Niko Bellic
30-04-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm not quiet sure, but Nintendo just decided to use a new double layered disk and some lazers in peoples Wii's can't read the game properly. :(

mat64
30-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Hmm I'll try it on a friends Wii tommorow, although the eBay seller is looking into it aswell.

mat64
01-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Problem solved, if anyone runs into the same problems as me this helped me - http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/gameSSBB.jsp

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!