PDA

View Full Version : Future poject

craigg.
30-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Hey guys,

Just really asking for your ideas.

I currently have two ideas for a programming project this summer, one of which is likely to proceed. I am currently wondering what programs you would like for your own use or what would be a useful application for others?

If you don't want others to know your idea(s) just pop a PM, ill be sure to reply. Before the mods move this to an unknown section for programming (I searched in the tech section and found nothing) I will be developing a website for this 'product' so it isn't a pure programming development.

Thanks,
Craig.

L?KE
01-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Your own php editor, or general code editor :)

Protege
01-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Something original, don't try do something that is already in the market.

craigg.
03-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Your own php editor, or general code editor :)
Interesting idea, I may make a code editor. I'll see how things pan out with the upcoming project. Thank you for your idea.

Something original, don't try do something that is already in the market.
The upcoming project will(should) be unique. I will do more research near the summer so I can definately say it will be unique software. Thank you for your contribution.

Dentafrice
03-05-2008, 08:37 PM
I would love an application that updates your Twitter status.

Like the Google search box..

http://i27.tinypic.com/142e82a.png

You press a hotkey EX: Ctrl+Alt+T and it shows that, you enter your status, and it updates it.

Twitter offers an API, which as long as you can submit post requests, can update the status :)

craigg.
03-05-2008, 08:42 PM
I would love an application that updates your Twitter status.

Like the Google search box..

http://i27.tinypic.com/142e82a.png

You press a hotkey EX: Ctrl+Alt+T and it shows that, you enter your status, and it updates it.

Twitter offers an API, which as long as you can submit post requests, can update the status :)
I had a quick look at the Twitter website (www.twitter.com)? It looks like a good, simple project to do. I may attempt this first before I do my main project the summer so I can get used to using/opening sockets. If I do i'll be sure to update you on it.

Thanks for the idea.

Beau
03-05-2008, 10:31 PM
This would be an awesome idea. I love Twitter!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!