PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Unleashed

TonyBest
30-04-2008, 08:18 PM
Another new Sonic game is coming out this Holiday for the PS2, PS3, Wiii and Xbox 360.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/64/Sonic_unleashed_web.jpg
The Plot: Dr.Eggman has managed to shatter the planet into pieces, and it is up to Sonic to return the seven broken continents back to normal by retrieving the Chaos Emeralds and activating their power. But.... theres a twist. Sonic's progress will be made even more difficult when he mysteriously develops a case of lycanthropy, turning him into a werewolf at night.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d0/Unleashed2.jpg
As you can see from this picture you notice Sonic normal at first, but if u look in the background you see his Werewolf form. Super Sonic will also be making an appearance in this game too. The official trailer can be seen on www.sega.com/gamesite/sonicunleashed (http://www.sega.com/gamesite/sonicunleashed)

Baby
30-04-2008, 08:19 PM
The link doesnt work, but it looks awesome :]

TonyBest
30-04-2008, 08:20 PM
just about to fix the link now

Azul
30-04-2008, 09:19 PM
If it's anything like the last one, I think i'll avoid.

TonyBest
01-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Its different than the last game I can tell u that.

Niall!
01-05-2008, 03:43 PM
If it's anything like the last one, I think i'll avoid.

Have you ever played Sonic Rush? It's like that just bigger, with some Secret rings involved.

This game looks awesome.

TonyBest
01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Theres more videos and stuff hopefully coming out soon :)

The Professor
01-05-2008, 05:45 PM
I wish they'd just remake Sonic 3 in 3D or something, they just seem to be trying one gimmick after the next. Sonic became popular because it was a simple pick-up-and-play platformer, putting all this rubbish in is just killing the poor guy

</end>

GommeInc
01-05-2008, 06:54 PM
All they need to do is do a Viewtiful Joe kinda thing. The stage is 2D but the character is near enough 3D. Although Sonic would be 3D and no cell-shading.

The games were fun because they were simple, and you could go different ways to the end. Top = easiest, Middle = Average, Bottom = Hard.

The Professor
01-05-2008, 07:01 PM
All they need to do is do a Viewtiful Joe kinda thing. The stage is 2D but the character is near enough 3D. Although Sonic would be 3D and no cell-shading.

The games were fun because they were simple, and you could go different ways to the end. Top = easiest, Middle = Average, Bottom = Hard.

They kinda did that with sonic rush, but it didn't have the right feel to it imo. Maybe I'm just defensive of the old style because its the first videogame I ever owned, idk :P

Niall!
01-05-2008, 08:28 PM

This is that, mostly, there are some 3D stages, but some, if not most, of the game is just like Sonic 1 etc but better looking. Check out the video, or Sonic Rush.

They kinda did that with sonic rush, but it didn't have the right feel to it imo. Maybe I'm just defensive of the old style because its the first videogame I ever owned, idk :P

I disliked the old games.

Anyway, I think this is an extremely smart move given the popularity of Sonic Rush which was widely accepted as the best recent Sonic game.

Edit: SEGA has confirmed this was meant to be the third game in the Sonic Adventure series. This is good news.

Niall!
01-05-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm adding info!

Apparently because of the difference in control styles, the Wii will have different level designs to the PS3/360 version.

Camy
01-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Edit: SEGA has confirmed this was meant to be the third game in the Sonic Adventure series. This is good news.
Kl, I used to have Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the gamecube.
It was pretty gd.

Niall!
02-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Kl, I used to have Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the gamecube.
It was pretty gd.

Yh was awesome, best Sonic game out. Lost my disk though.

TonyBest
02-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Ive played all games that sonic is in (so far) and hoping to get the other games soon :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!