PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4

MattyBoy
03-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Right i ordererd GTA 4 yesterday. I was just wondering if you could introduct me to the game and tell me some of the controls?

IRBlueMoon
03-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Open it up, read the instructions booklet. :rolleyes:

BowTies1
03-05-2008, 12:00 PM
tbh this was jsut a thread to tell everyone your getting gta 4

Callum.
03-05-2008, 12:02 PM
tbh this was jsut a thread to tell everyone your getting gta 4

No it's not, it's been out for 5 days now. He's asking for button help, not "i'm going to town tomorrow to buy gta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" like .you.

Jibbish
03-05-2008, 12:37 PM
If your used to the old GTA Controls switch to Classic Controls

Josh-H
03-05-2008, 01:21 PM
If your used to the old GTA Controls switch to Classic Controls

I disagree, you should just spend a little time getting used to the new controls and you'll love them.

mangle
03-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah they're deffo better imo. Not a fan of the O for shooting :)

Neil
03-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Yea the new controls are much better than the classic ones, it might be worth switching if you get the PS3 version has the R2 and L2 triggers stink

mangle
03-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah, if I was on PS3 i'd be using classic tbh.

A-Kendall
03-05-2008, 04:06 PM
GTA IV runs better on PS3 i cba explaining why so just google it. If you have a PS3 then dont switch to classic just use the normal controls because the L2 and R2 triggers are realy good and makes it a lot easier to control how fast you want to go in your vehicle

Neil
03-05-2008, 04:16 PM
GTA IV runs better on PS3 i cba explaining why so just google it. If you have a PS3 then dont switch to classic just use the normal controls because the L2 and R2 triggers are realy good and makes it a lot easier to control how fast you want to go in your vehicle

The PS3 triggers are poorly made, the controls would be better as classic on the PS3 version, the new ones work better for the 360

IRBlueMoon
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL, noob.

GommeInc
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
The PS3 triggers are poorly made, the controls would be better as classic on the PS3 version, the new ones work better for the 360
How are they poorly made? They work good... You can control the power of the car using triggers... As long as they work well enough they're ok... It's down to opinion.

Neil
03-05-2008, 04:22 PM
How are they poorly made? They work good... You can control the power of the car using triggers... As long as they work well enough they're ok... It's down to opinion.

Because unlike the 360 triggers that are indented the PS3 ones are more like downhill slopes, which after too long of playing will get greasy so your fingers will start to slip off of them, if they were gonna do triggers they should of done it the same way Microsoft did

GommeInc
03-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Because unlike the 360 triggers that are indented the PS3 ones are more like downhill slopes, which after too long of playing will get greasy so your fingers will start to slip off of them, if they were gonna do triggers they should of done it the same way Microsoft did
Not all people have greasy fingers and I've not had this problem at all. I also can't see how they will slip off, when you push down on them your fingers (aswell as the buttons) are going in, towards the controller rather than heading away from it. You would also have to push very hard too "/

Neil
03-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Not all people have greasy fingers and I've not had this problem at all. I also can't see how they will slip off, when you push down on them your fingers (aswell as the buttons) are going in, towards the controller rather than heading away from it. You would also have to push very hard too "/

When you push all the way on a PS3 trigger the it basically it goes in but the shape of it makes it as if it's the side of a hill, I know this is a problem because I have experienced it and there is even a little addon you can get that you can put on the triggers somehow to make them flat with a small indent like the 360 does, so obviously it's a problem for alot of people

GommeInc
03-05-2008, 04:32 PM
When you push all the way on a PS3 trigger the it basically it goes in but the shape of it makes it as if it's the side of a hill, I know this is a problem because I have experienced it and there is even a little addon you can get that you can put on the triggers somehow to make them flat with a small indent like the 360 does, so obviously it's a problem for alot of people
Must be pushing to hard then, or squeezing down on the wrong bit. I'm tinkering with mine at the moment and it only flies off if I push down really hard. I guess it's one of these situations like the Wii, where some idiots threw their Wiimote at the TV and some clever spark designed a wallet thing to put them in.

MattyBoy
03-05-2008, 07:22 PM
i think then xbox 360 remote allows you to do many things but i think the ps3 controller is kinda a bit comfier but i prefer 360 controllers as it alows you more and is for the experienced.

Armal
03-05-2008, 07:31 PM

Yuh, my bro got some with little ridges on end free in a mag. But tbh i have never experienced this problem. The Xbox ones is more harder but when your playing you dont feel the difference.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!