PDA

View Full Version : o mi god! Mac OSX

myke
04-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Amazing..
My Grandad (LOL) just got an iMac aluminium one, it's amazing...
It's running with an officejet HP printer, fax, copier and just wow.
I'm in love.
;)

Oh, btw, anyone know a way i can access the programs and files on my grandads laptop (connected to the wireless router using ethernet), accessed via the mac?
+REP if you find an efficient way :)

Jamesy
04-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Everytime I convince myself I don't need a mac people make glowing reviews

WHY ARE YOU SUCH A TEASE! *emo cuts and dies*

Hayd93
04-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Amazing..
I'm in love.
;)

Oh, btw, anyone know a way i can access the programs and files on my grandads laptop (connected to the wireless router using ethernet), accessed via the mac?

Ye.Just clcik on networking and enable file sharing.And what a choice a imac loverly machines.I use one for sound work and god its nice.
http://maccure.com/chazweb/IMG_0017.jpg

Thats the best setup i have seen. Thats 6x apple 30"

Excellent
04-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Amazing..
I'm in love.
;)

I second this iMacs are great! I'm on a mac mini. The interface and design is so slick and sleek.

myke
04-05-2008, 07:31 PM
ew at that setup btw.

and nooo, I don't know how to ¬_¬ I'm trying to run the mac wirelessly and the laptop's wired up.. I think I've found the right thing, a remote desktop conncection thing from microsoft.

Hayd93
04-05-2008, 07:33 PM
ew at that setup btw.

and nooo, I don't know how to ¬_¬ I'm trying to run the mac wirelessly and the laptop's wired up.. I think I've found the right thing, a remote desktop conncection thing from microsoft.

i would boot my mac up and show you but at the moment she's at a mates house were i am editing a video.

myke
04-05-2008, 07:34 PM
A tutorial off the net would do, Dan ;)

xxMATTGxx
04-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Myke, Even better. I told you on msn, i do it all for you tomorrow when your on iChat and we screenshare. :)

Nick.
04-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Bonjour for Windows may help, if you're considering a Bonjour network :]

Agnostic Bear
04-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Well I just formatted the drive with OS X on as the networking is ******* useless. Just fixed my internet on here (Windows) and OS X was like "no lol" so I formatted it.

DaveTaylor
04-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Well I just formatted the drive with OS X on as the networking is ******* useless. Just fixed my internet on here (Windows) and OS X was like "no lol" so I formatted it.

The problem with you is you have a grudge against macs so you don't want to spend like 5 minutes doing research on google or any other sites why it wasn't working for all you know the problem could have been your error.

Agnostic Bear
05-05-2008, 10:03 AM
The problem with you is you have a grudge against macs so you don't want to spend like 5 minutes doing research on google or any other sites why it wasn't working for all you know the problem could have been your error.

No actually I spent 3 hours messing about with it and switching between mac / windows to google things, networking on mac is stupid.

Edit: haha this is one of those times where windows "just works" like every other time windows "just works" which is always.

Nick.
05-05-2008, 05:48 PM
No actually I spent 3 hours messing about with it and switching between mac / windows to google things, networking on mac is stupid.

Edit: haha this is one of those times where windows "just works" like every other time windows "just works" which is always.
It might just work but it's a shame it crashes whilst trying to work... let's not turn this into a fan boy fight. :]

Klydo
05-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Here's the thing though, Windows "just works" if it's installed on an Apple Mac otherwise it "just fails" on a PC. The only thing that can run Windows successfully is a Mac these days. A Mac running Vista out preforms a Vista Ready PC or Laptop by far. So stop being a Windows fan boy Dan and save up for a proper computer.

Agnostic Bear
06-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Here's the thing though, Windows "just works" if it's installed on an Apple Mac otherwise it "just fails" on a PC. The only thing that can run Windows successfully is a Mac these days. A Mac running Vista out preforms a Vista Ready PC or Laptop by far. So stop being a Windows fan boy Dan and save up for a proper computer.

I don't think so, my pc is far more powerful than your "iMac" is, and if i need to upgrade it to go faster... oh wait, I can. Oh and if I should want to run OS X? I can. I want to dual boot and use multiple HDD's, some with the NTFS file system, can I do this on my pc? I can. I want my hardware cheaper than mac with better specs than mac, can I get this? I can.

I think I'll stick with my "improper computer" with XP x64 thanks very much.

It might just work but it's a shame it crashes whilst trying to work... let's not turn this into a fan boy fight. :]

What crashes? I turned my pc on, let it login to Windows and bam, I was reconnected to the internet before I even started Firefox.

xxMATTGxx
06-05-2008, 05:19 AM
I had no problems with "Networking" on the Mac.

Recursion
06-05-2008, 06:03 AM

One sentance. What a load of bloody ********.

:job2
06-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Ye.Just clcik on networking and enable file sharing.And what a choice a imac loverly machines.I use one for sound work and god its nice.

My school has 3 big Apple screens connected to a mac pro which is pretty kool :P Iv never gotten to use it though because I don't do music :(

Nick.
06-05-2008, 06:48 AM
I don't think so, my pc is far more powerful than your "iMac" is, and if i need to upgrade it to go faster... oh wait, I can. Oh and if I should want to run OS X? I can. I want to dual boot and use multiple HDD's, some with the NTFS file system, can I do this on my pc? I can. I want my hardware cheaper than mac with better specs than mac, can I get this? I can.

What crashes? I turned my pc on, let it login to Windows and bam, I was reconnected to the internet before I even started Firefox.
I've been using Airport and an Ethernet cable on my Mac (incase airport or the ethernet drops out) and have been having no problems at all.... :S

Jamesy
06-05-2008, 07:04 AM

good now shut up trolling in a Mac thread in a Mac forum ok?

My school has 3 big Apple screens connected to a mac pro which is pretty kool :P Iv never gotten to use it though because I don't do music :(

our school has crappy g5 macs. I could do better video editing at home on Sony Vegas than iMovie I'm stuck with.

That seems a bit excessive. And one of the screens is showing an error for some reason :eusa_whis

Agnostic Bear
06-05-2008, 12:21 PM
good now shut up trolling in a Mac thread in a Mac forum ok?

Sir do not inform me of when and when I cannot troll, I am not trolling here.

Jamesy
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Sir do not inform me of when and when I cannot troll, I am not trolling here.

You're coming into a mac forum and a mac thread and complaining about it and quite explicitly saying you think windows is better.

that is pretty much the definition of trolling.

alexxxxx
06-05-2008, 03:14 PM
our school has crappy g5 macs. I could do better video editing at home on Sony Vegas than iMovie I'm stuck with.

Nothing wrong with G5!

And btw, Macs are upgradeable. The Mac Pros are.

Jamesy
06-05-2008, 03:17 PM
;4709199']Nothing wrong with G5!

And btw, Macs are upgradeable. The Mac Pros are.

It works but you open final cut and have some video open it locks up every few seconds.

I didn't say all G5's were crap, just my school's ;)

Hayd93
06-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Ye i have had the privalage of using 2x 30" for video editing

Jamesy
06-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Ye i have had the privalage of using 2x 30" for video editing

Stuck on CRT screens and iMovie.

joy to the bloody world. Not knocking all macs but I could do better at home than at my school.

Recursion
06-05-2008, 03:38 PM
My school has 2 media suites, each with about 30 of the new iMacs in with Leopard on. For some reason they have two projectors on two interactive whiteboards in each, I don't know why but they have to use two Laptops/Desktops, they should just dual screen them imo.

They have 2 Samsung HDTVs in each one, but noone knows what they are for LMAO.

Jamesy
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
My school has 2 media suites, each with about 30 of the new iMacs in with Leopard on. For some reason they have two projectors on two interactive whiteboards in each, I don't know why but they have to use two Laptops/Desktops, they should just dual screen them imo.

They have 2 Samsung HDTVs in each one, but noone knows what they are for LMAO.

My school's an art and media college with the worst supplies in that department :rolleyes:

they bought new pc's for nearly other other room and yet they leave the machines that barely run photoshop (CS, woo :P) alone in the media room with it's poor supplies.

Obviously protecting their interests :rolleyes:

Agnostic Bear
07-05-2008, 11:30 PM
You're coming into a mac forum and a mac thread and complaining about it and quite explicitly saying you think windows is better.

that is pretty much the definition of trolling.

Negative, that is just saying what I think.

Klydo
08-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Dan, you seem to have misunderstood how a Mac works. The specs don't need to be high to do with same thing that a Windows PC can do. My old Windows had nearly twice the power, memory and space than my iMac yet it still ran Photoshop and Dreamweaver a lot slower. The iMac even has a much larger collection of brushes than my PC ever did. The software just runs a LOT better on a Mac with lesser specs. So quit whining that the specs are lower as they do a much better job.

A perfect example of this is World Of Warcraft.

Windows setup is a couple of hours I'm sure, my friend had to go out a walk to pass the time.
Mac setup a max of 10 minutes.

(I don't actually like WOW before people start PMing me for my user)

Mac is just overall better.

Pretty soon Windows will be dead and buried due to Google. So anyone on Windows good luck ;)

TitaniumRubber
08-05-2008, 05:30 PM
My setup sucks... http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8089/dsc00531bj1.jpg

Johno
08-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Hey,

Is that the 20" or the 24" version of the iMac?

.:; Johno

My setup sucks... http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8089/dsc00531bj1.jpg

Nick.
08-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey,

Is that the 20" or the 24" version of the iMac?

.:; Johno
My 24" is widescreen, and that doesn't look widescreen, so I assume it's a 20".

Agnostic Bear
09-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Dan, you seem to have misunderstood how a Mac works. The specs don't need to be high to do with same thing that a Windows PC can do. My old Windows had nearly twice the power, memory and space than my iMac yet it still ran Photoshop and Dreamweaver a lot slower. The iMac even has a much larger collection of brushes than my PC ever did. The software just runs a LOT better on a Mac with lesser specs. So quit whining that the specs are lower as they do a much better job.

A perfect example of this is World Of Warcraft.

Windows setup is a couple of hours I'm sure, my friend had to go out a walk to pass the time.
Mac setup a max of 10 minutes.

(I don't actually like WOW before people start PMing me for my user)

Mac is just overall better.

Pretty soon Windows will be dead and buried due to Google. So anyone on Windows good luck ;)

Yeah but mac has to support how many systems? Oh yeah, something like 4. Windows has to support upwards of 300,000,000 different ways to configure hardware, I'd say in terms to specs Windows does one hell of a job at it, alot better than mac.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!