PDA

View Full Version : Scientology - Right or Wrong?

Hiro
04-05-2008, 10:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology (if you need to read about it).

Tbh, I think it's a load of bull.
This "religion" or "cult" (call it as you will) has killed many people (www.whyaretheydead.net (http://www.whyaretheydead.net)).
The fact that you have to pay for to be a part of this cult is beyond ridiculous, just so you can understand and know the "secrets" of the religion (?) and this planet.
Lord Xenu sent down billions of people to Earth and nuked volcanoes, which killed them all and their spirits went into every living being (or something like that).

/discuss

drama
04-05-2008, 10:12 PM
$cientology is an utter joke.

urban dicionary definitions of it are hilarious :P

Smiddy
04-05-2008, 10:40 PM
YOU WERE NOT THERE TOMMY!

Love John Sweeney.

It's compltely wrong, no religion could promote the harassment of other peoples personal life as much as they do, they take stuff completely out of context and brainwash their believers.

Virgin Mary
04-05-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm a Christian so I'm inclined to believe it's wrong. However, people are entitled to believe what they like so I don't really care.

ToxicPaddy
04-05-2008, 11:28 PM
YOU WERE NOT THERE TOMMY!

Love John Sweeney.

It's compltely wrong, no religion could promote the harassment of other peoples personal life as much as they do, they take stuff completely out of context and brainwash their believers.

Lol I saw that on YouTube, he totally overreacted.

Xeck
04-05-2008, 11:45 PM

I probably would've got as angry as he did if I had that guy following me around constantly arguing with me.

Not big on Scientology, sounds ridiculous and was made by a man who did it to make money.

Smiddy
04-05-2008, 11:56 PM
If you saw the whole episode, you might understand why, that guy stalked him everywhere he went.

Axel
05-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Out of all religions, this has to be the most stupid sounding..

FlyingJesus
05-05-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm very tolerant of religion but Scientology does strike me as odd - it's based on a fiction novel, and the "founder" never denied that it was fiction, so I don't really understand why people follow it. Amusing nonetheless

Sabbath
05-05-2008, 01:03 AM
I am a scientoligist...

I would just like to say all the people here are fat, lazy, immature, pedofiles, who have been computer hacking for years. I would like to also say, that the Church of Scientology DOES have a right to detain and hold its followers when they are out of line. You guys obviously have something to hide if you attack a church! Its out of line, and bigotry. So stop now!

Virgin Mary
05-05-2008, 01:19 AM
I am a scientoligist...

I would just like to say all the people here are fat, lazy, immature, pedofiles, who have been computer hacking for years. I would like to also say, that the Church of Scientology DOES have a right to detain and hold its followers when they are out of line. You guys obviously have something to hide if you attack a church! Its out of line, and bigotry. So stop now!
w.e. God's gonna smite your sinning ***.

Susie Dent
05-05-2008, 01:23 AM
I am a scientoligist...

Shut up before the aliens come and probe your bottom even though you'd probably enjoy it

:nrcolamachine:

RedStratocas
05-05-2008, 02:06 AM
i dont see it as any more ridiculous than other religions. how about christianity? apparently there used to be a talking snake and women are made from a man's rib, and the world is only 6000 years old. after that, us coming from outer space doesnt sound so weird.

This "religion" or "cult" (call it as you will) has killed many people
The fact that you have to pay for to be a part of this cult is beyond ridiculous, just so you can understand and know the "secrets" of the religion (?) and this planet.
Lord Xenu sent down billions of people to Earth and nuked volcanoes, which killed them all and their spirits went into every living being (or something like that).

more people have died in the name of jesus than anyone else in history. and ever been to a christian (or other type) church? there's always a bin for cash that goes around.

i think it's ridiculous too, but everyone always says "oh scientology is so weird" - look at the religions we already have. they don't make all that much sense either.

Browney
05-05-2008, 09:26 AM

Nah he didn't. He shouted to get his point across so it was like "YOU WERE NOT THERE AT THE START OF THE INTERVIEW! (In a soft spoken voice) Do you understand?"

"NO TOMMY, YOU LISTEN TO ME!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjlo4u_8g60)

Dan2nd
05-05-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm a Christian so of course I wouldn't agree with it but who am I to say that someone elses beleifs are stupid? If these people want to follow this religion good for them I say!

YoManGo!
05-05-2008, 04:45 PM
L RON IS GONE BUT THE CON LIVES ON!

scientology is not only a joke, but completely wrong and illegal. don't say i'm hating on a religion until you actually know what they do.

look up their policy of disconnection: where scientologist are encouraged, sometimes forced to break all ties with non-scientologists including family and friends. see http://exscientologykids.com for TRUE stories about families ripped apart by this

i took part in birmingham's anti-scientology protest last month, i went there thinking that scientology was simply a scam: but i learnt it's so much more. i heard about people who'd had their hotel rooms raided and received death threats whilst making documentries about the cult. i learnt about the way they target the homeless and the hopeless: i spoke to a big issue man, a former heroin addict whom the scientologists tried to brainwash and get money out of. i also learnt about l. ron hubbard's motives in starting scientology: and i truthfully quote, "i'd like to start a religion, that's where the money is." you see, mr hubbard found out that a lot of money and exemption from taxes could be gained from starting a religion.

do some research into the true side of the "church" of scientology before you stick up for "religious freedom." that said, don't even call it the church of scientology: a church is a place of christian worship, they might as well call it the mosque or gurdwara of scientology.

i think i've made my point.

Sabbath
05-05-2008, 09:26 PM
L RON IS GONE BUT THE CON LIVES ON!

scientology is not only a joke, but completely wrong and illegal. don't say i'm hating on a religion until you actually know what they do.

look up their policy of disconnection: where scientologist are encouraged, sometimes forced to break all ties with non-scientologists including family and friends. see http://exscientologykids.com for TRUE stories about families ripped apart by this

i took part in birmingham's anti-scientology protest last month, i went there thinking that scientology was simply a scam: but i learnt it's so much more. i heard about people who'd had their hotel rooms raided and received death threats whilst making documentries about the cult. i learnt about the way they target the homeless and the hopeless: i spoke to a big issue man, a former heroin addict whom the scientologists tried to brainwash and get money out of. i also learnt about l. ron hubbard's motives in starting scientology: and i truthfully quote, "i'd like to start a religion, that's where the money is." you see, mr hubbard found out that a lot of money and exemption from taxes could be gained from starting a religion.

do some research into the true side of the "church" of scientology before you stick up for "religious freedom." that said, don't even call it the church of scientology: a church is a place of christian worship, they might as well call it the mosque or gurdwara of scientology.

i think i've made my point.

I've heard it all before, its rubbish, L Ron hubbard was in WW2, helping out kind people and saving the jews, while all your stupid Christian forefathers were having gay orgys and doing drugs and drinking. Filth, maybe you should stop attacking scientology and spreading your racist slander. You obviously have something to hide, just tell us. We know you have something to hide, and you are just attacking Scientology to cover up.

FlyingJesus
05-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Before anyone replies to Sabbath attacking him or anything, please take note that he's just trolling and you will fail.

whitebengal
05-05-2008, 10:29 PM
I am a scientoligist...

Woah! I'm not immature, I'm not fat and I'm not a pedophile I am lazy though :D

I don't attack religions...I don't see a problem with it....Some I don't agree with, Like the Muslim religion I don't agree with that because of the whole men can have so many wives and women have to cover there faces up etc and I am now against Jehovah's witness's for telling me I will be going to hell because I took an OD....That was just wrong if you ask me.
I haven't really read up on Scientology....Religion just screws with my head tbh :$

Fehm
06-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Isnt everyone allowed their own right of way in life... If they feel that this is a correct choice then people should support them with it? But in my opinion its not right at all. Lol

YoManGo!
12-05-2008, 03:13 PM
I've heard it all before, its rubbish, L Ron hubbard was in WW2, helping out kind people and saving the jews, while all your stupid Christian forefathers were having gay orgys and doing drugs and drinking. Filth, maybe you should stop attacking scientology and spreading your racist slander. You obviously have something to hide, just tell us. We know you have something to hide, and you are just attacking Scientology to cover up.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

"you don't get rich writing science fiction, you get rich starting a religion"
"i'd like to start a religion, that's where the money's at"

yeah man! l ron hubbard is a totally sweet, loving dude. completely legit, too!

Recursion
12-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Wrong. Scientology is WRONG >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRhTqyb_YXE < watch ALL OF IT.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRhTqyb_YXE)

Florx
12-05-2008, 10:23 PM
I am my own free will, I don't 'belong' to any groups and I am atheist.

I don't approve :p

dirrty
12-05-2008, 10:34 PM
it doesnt matter what your religion is, aslong as you reach god and that is the main thing. so in my opinion, scientology is neither right or wrong as if people want to join it then so be it. who are we to judge others of their religious beliefs when we (who are religious) have our own.

ToxicPaddy
12-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Scientology, what a joke.
I'm catholic and thats what I truly believe in. Why would anyone believe in scientology?

whitebengal
12-05-2008, 10:43 PM
it doesnt matter what your religion is, aslong as you reach god and that is the main thing. so in my opinion, scientology is neither right or wrong as if people want to join it then so be it. who are we to judge others of their religious beliefs when we (who are religious) have our own.

How would I 'reach' god? (serious question btw)

JoeyK.
12-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Personally, I think Scientology is the biggest load of bull I've ever heard of. I'm seriously concerned for the people who actually believe in it... It's even worse than Christianity in my books.

dirrty
13-05-2008, 03:01 PM
How would I 'reach' god? (serious question btw)
you mean in scientology or religion as a whole?

whitebengal
13-05-2008, 03:06 PM
you mean in scientology or religion as a whole?

Well you said " it doesnt matter what your religion is, aslong as you reach god and that is the main thing "

So I'm asking how do I 'reach' god? :rolleyes:

Camy
13-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Tbh, I think all religions are bull.
All of them have such stupid things in them, and I don't believe in them.
Religion causes too many problems in the world.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!