PDA

View Full Version : Is Habbo Worth It?

Wrestlemania
06-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Could Habbo be worth it, those who spend numerous hours just browsing the hotel, talking to friends etc. Is this really worth it? Couldn't habbo give users a time spand when to login and when to logoff?

With so many kids stuck in the bedrooms or just on the computer, could they really be getting affected from what actually matters in life? Society its self?

So I pledge, those who spend long hours and you know who you are, just spend around half hour up to an hour on the actual hotel and around 2hours at most on the computer every 2 days, this will help yourself and the country in ways you wouldn't understand.

I'm setting up a compaign soon called ''GET BRITISH BUILT AGAIN'' What will put more kids on the streets with the knowledge to stay out of trouble, and the trouble locked away.

PM me if you wanna be apart of this compaign, also feel free to answer the questions, give your view.

Wrestlemania.

Asher
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
When I started Habbo when I was like 11 or something (which was a long time ago) I loved the thing, although it didn't make me a complete social defect. I grew close with so many people on there, and then as the years went by they all disappeared, and it's just ridiculous, the whole concept of it. Online friends mean nothing (most of time) they won't care if you fail your exams and live a **** life. And yeah it's completely ridiculous that people spend like 10 hours a day playing Habbo and internet related stuff, that's almost half their day wasted.

shizzle
06-05-2008, 05:59 PM
1 hour limit :)

Ardemax
06-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Umm, it's not up to Habbo to limit how much time you spend on it. It's yours. And the younger you are the more intruiging it is, so the people who lay back and call themselves "1337" and say: "yh if u go on habzo u r wel sad", but quite frankly, they had the same interest as an 11 year old today.

BlueEyedSarah
06-05-2008, 06:30 PM
I think it depends on how long the users want to spend on habbo the staff should not be the ones to limit how long their users use habbo. I have known of people who sit in their room and be on an instant messenger all day - why don't you say an instant messenger (such as msn) have a 1 hour limit? Its peoples own choice.

CHA!NGANG
06-05-2008, 06:31 PM
1 hour limit :)

That wouldn't work at all. What if there is an event that lasts longer than 1 hour?

Asher
06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
I think the US hotel wrote something about participating in sport and going outside more lolol - There should be a subtle warning such as: It is not advisory to spend more than ..... playing Habbo.

Energizer
06-05-2008, 06:51 PM
i'm on pretty much 24/7 and i've never been happier.

Asher
06-05-2008, 06:54 PM
i'm on pretty much 24/7 and i've never been happier.

OK, well you're probably a reclused albino with no friends and educated poorly.

PaintYourTarget
06-05-2008, 06:55 PM
You talk about knowledge in your first post, yet the line "Get British Built Again" makes little sense :@

Energizer
06-05-2008, 06:55 PM
i've got my habbo friends and furni and that's all that matters.

Virgin Mary
06-05-2008, 06:57 PM
And isn't Britain meant to be a democracy and free country? Exactly what gives you the right to say that someone can and can't use a chatsite when they want?

Asher
06-05-2008, 06:59 PM
And isn't Britain meant to be a democracy and free country? Exactly what gives you the right to say that someone can and can't use a chatsite when they want?

DO YOU WANT THE HABBO POPULACE TO TURN INTO OBESE THINGS LIKE BECS, IMPETUOUS, GLITTERKAT, CHELSEABOY, JIBBI AND EVERY OTHER HABBO STAFF?

No, didn't think so Virgin Mary!

Kardan
06-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Thing is a majority do have social lifes :)

PaintYourTarget
06-05-2008, 07:01 PM
DO YOU WANT THE HABBO POPULACE TO TURN INTO OBESE THINGS LIKE BECS, IMPETUOUS, GLITTERKAT, CHELSEABOY, JIBBI AND EVERY OTHER HABBO STAFF?

I don't think that can be controlled now Asher. What we need is damage limitation... make sure the obese don't become obeser.

Virgin Mary
06-05-2008, 07:03 PM

As I said I don't care. Other people don't concern me, I have my own life to deal with.

FunerealSerap
06-05-2008, 07:22 PM

Sorry, who are you to judge?

Pathetic.

Asher
06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Sorry, who are you to judge?

Pathetic.

It's not hard!!!!!! He clearly stated that he spends 24.7 on Habbo, and so he must be dejected from normal social living.

it's ok ok I hit a nerve with you, I apologise!! poor *****

Baby
06-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Things is tho, for me its either stay in and talk to friends or go out and end up getting in trouble usually just a police caution tho D:
But i dont know how you can spend endless hours on habbo :S

Rarelime
06-05-2008, 09:09 PM
In response to your campaign idea, do not try it. You will simply be wasting your time.

Soy
06-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Iv'e been playing habbo for about 4 and a half years now. There is nothing really wrong with my life, so with you to sit back there and tell people that playing Habbo ruins your life then your just a very biased, immature unedgucated/young person

ps; I'm not saying that he's wrong but different people have different opinions and he should accept that

Energizer
06-05-2008, 10:45 PM
It's not hard!!!!!! He clearly stated that he spends 24.7 on Habbo, and so he must be dejected from normal social living.

it's ok ok I hit a nerve with you, I apologise!! poor *****
yeah i wasn't being serious, i don't play.

Mint
07-05-2008, 01:13 AM
I think it is quite bad how loads of kids are spending loads of hours on habbo but even worse when they are spending all there money on it.

Soy
07-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I think it is quite bad how loads of kids are spending loads of hours on habbo but even worse when they are spending all there money on it.
And i suppose it's better being out late at night damaging your bodies with; tobbaco, alchohol, weed and other drugs? :rolleyes:

Maybe you don't approve but playing Habbo is there life choice.

Nemo
07-05-2008, 10:35 PM
People who play it are generally kids, let them have their fun. Ive moved on from it and there ya go. Why arent people allowed to EVER have fun these days without being accused of being addicts or harming society? Who are you to say that?

Wrestlemania
07-05-2008, 11:15 PM
People who play it are generally kids, let them have their fun. Ive moved on from it and there ya go. Why arent people allowed to EVER have fun these days without being accused of being addicts or harming society? Who are you to say that?
Excuse me for trying to help out a few addicts.

And you haven't exactly moved on? Your pratically still involved with Habbo, just your not using there services, your a fan of it using a fansite based on Habbo.

Reptar
07-05-2008, 11:31 PM
unedgucated

There you go. Reason why some people shouldn't be playing on Habbo.

Knowledge is key my friend. And atm, I think you lack it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!