PDA

View Full Version : More Fat In A McDonalds Milkshake Than A Big Mac

Mint
07-05-2008, 05:21 PM
A McDonalds milkshake can contain up to 1110 calories which is twice as much as a big mac. (This is based on a large milkshake). So if you where to go McDonalds and maybe have a big mac, large milkshake, fries and a mcflury you would have had 2840 calories which is much higher than a males adults daily calorie allowance so you would potentially be gaining weight if you had this meal everyday. I have worked this out from:
http://www.mcdonalds.com/app_controller.nutrition.index1.html
Based on large meals. The main warning of this thread is that a McDonalds milkshake contains more than twice as much fat as a big mac and this is obviously ridiculous. But however it is very good if you think you are to skinny and would like to gain some weight.

Moved by Professor-Alex (Forum Super Moderator) from "Discuss Anything." Please post in the correct forum next time!

Reptar
07-05-2008, 05:26 PM
McDonalds is alright. I barely ever eat it. But, we all know McDonalds can make Milkshakes and Burgers have more calories than anything.

Ashley 12344
07-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Not eaten a McDonalds for months. Subway weekly though, and thinking about it thats probably just as bad, if not worse.

Jordy
07-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I don't think anyone goes to McDonald's to be healthy so it doesn't come as a surprise. McDonald's is fine as long as you don't live off it, if you go about once a fortnight you should be fine eating that much.

AgnesIO
07-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Yuck that is digusting.

BTW it is only the TRIPLE thick milkshake.

Ohhhhhhh wait that is the US they contain over double the fat as England (I know this from some American mates. They came over here and said our McDonald's was **** ssaying sdtuff like there is no salt..

shizzle
07-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Thats not good.

Mint
07-05-2008, 05:49 PM
No, it's actualy terrible.

N!ck
07-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I don't care. It tastes good and that's what matters.

mat64
07-05-2008, 05:55 PM
I don't care. It tastes good and that's what matters.
That's generally my idea behind what I eat. Either way I have been McDonalds free for ~3 years, it's not that I don't like McDonalds but I don't want to break the trend really and let's face it there are much better places to eat that McDonalds, especially the one in Selby.

N!ck
07-05-2008, 05:58 PM
That's generally my idea behind what I eat. Either way I have been McDonalds free for ~3 years, it's not that I don't like McDonalds but I don't want to break the trend really and let's face it there are much better places to eat that McDonalds, especially the one in Selby.

Yeah, i don't eat there often mainly because i try to spend small amounts of money at lunch lol. A Kebab on Friday and Italian BMT on a Thursday have almost become a ritual though lol.

Abbie.
07-05-2008, 05:59 PM
that thick milkshake

eugh

u can tip it upside down, and it stays

Paulio
07-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Tbh, you don't go to McDonalds if you're on a diet. All these people complaining that it's too fattening are the people who are greedy and eat too much. Why should they make the food taste like crap and punish the people who can eat without being greedy?

AgnesIO
07-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Tbh, you don't go to McDonalds if you're on a diet. All these people complaining that it's too fattening are the people who are greedy and eat too much. Why should they make the food taste like crap and punish the people who can eat without being greedy?

Exactly. I totally agree.

A American guy tryed sueing McDonalds coz he got a heart-attack.

I mean honestly!

N!ck
07-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I agree lol. I was well unhappy when they started putting less salt on the chips :(.

Xeck
07-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Haven't been to McDonald's in years, hate everything about it. Do they still have the really unhealthy salads?

Misawa
07-05-2008, 06:07 PM
It's fine on occassion, but jeeze, I would have never have guessed that one thing alone would contain over a thousand callories from there. American McDonald's' franchises have some more variety than the UK ones.

Mint
07-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Haven't been to McDonald's in years, hate everything about it. Do they still have the really unhealthy salads?
Typical McDonalds they must be the only people in the world who could actualy make a un-healthy salad. I mean the whole idea of a salad is that it is actualy healthy lol :P

Abbie.
07-05-2008, 06:41 PM
mmmm

bigmacs yumm

i dont have to worry about being fat, i just stay skinny so idc about the fat/calories

Judge Judy
07-05-2008, 06:51 PM
lol at the fact the milkshake is more fatty than a big mac

I live in Selby!! woop.
Oh much better places than the McDonald's in Selby ;) I agree

WOOP 1337 POST IM SO LEET

Mint
07-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeh, I just stay skinny aswell so my only option to get bigger would be to gain muscle because I just DON'T seem to put weight on and its annoying.

jackass
07-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Thats McDonalds USA - its a lot differant to the UK.

And in actual fact, McDonalds is healthier than many fast food restaurants.

Firehorse
07-05-2008, 07:39 PM
This will shock you...

There's more caleries in a McDonalds Salad than a Big Mac! Believe it or not it's true!

Decode
07-05-2008, 08:05 PM
If you go to McDonalds and ask for something, but dont say Mc in front of it they pretend they dont understand you lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!