PDA

View Full Version : iPod help.

The Undertaker
08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Ok basiclly, i was updating the music on my iPod & forgot to press eject in iTunes before unplugging it.
Now my iPod is frozen on the "Connected" screen. Whenever i plug it into the computer it doesn't appear in iTunes so i can't press eject.

Any ideas how to fix it or is it just broken :( ?

Mr.Sam
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Let the battery run down until it turns itself off, then plug into your pc :)

if that doesn't work your best bet would to be to reset the ipod to default.
(make sure you have a copy of your playlist as reformat will erase them all from your ipod)

You
08-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Don't you hold the middle button and play button down at the same time or the menu button and play button for about 10 seconds?
If not, let the battery die out :P

Mr.Sam
08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
I would let the battery run out then plug into the computer first, at least you have a chance of retaining the music then :P

Don't you hold the middle button and play button down at the same time or the menu button and play button for about 10 seconds?

Greco!!
08-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I would let the battery run out then plug into the computer first, at least you have a chance of retaining the music then :P
holding the middle button and play doesnt delete your music.. it just restarts your ipod

its happened to me a lot when i put music on it so ye it should work

The Undertaker
08-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Only problem with holding the middle button is the iPod was on lock, so now its frozen on lock.
I'll let the battery run out & see if that works.

Yoshimitsui
08-05-2008, 06:53 PM

Yep correct, had to do it several times on my old one. And no it won't delete the music.

Nick.
08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Well unlock it, just to make sure, and hold menu and the middle button, it will over ride any locks.

Trust me, you won't lose your music.

The Undertaker
08-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Well unlock it, just to make sure, and hold menu and the middle button, it will over ride any locks.

Trust me, you won't lose your music.
Tyvm :) Menu & middle button worked :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!