PDA

View Full Version : PS3 overtakes 360 in Europe...

Jordan3606
08-05-2008, 08:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7386879.stm

LOL, hillarious considering the 360 had a 16 month head start and can cost roughly twice as much!

PS3 ftw ;)

Thread closed by Professor-Alex (Forum Super Moderator): Closed to prevent more flame wars. In future, I'd suggest not using the word "fanboy" if you don't want to fuel an argument.

Technologic
08-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Fanboy much?

Anyway, its been like this for ages

Niko Bellic
08-05-2008, 08:21 PM
All thanks to GTA IV..?

Wow you need a game to get sales, eh?

Jordan3606
08-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Fanboy much?

Anyway, its been like this for ages

The PS3 has outsold the 360 each week for ages but this is the first time it has actually overtaken it in overall sales in a single continent other than Japan :)

All thanks to GTA IV..?

Wow you need a game to get sales, eh?

It's not thanks to GTA IV... would have reached the target even without it. One of the things 360 fanboys say is that the PS3 has no games, so it doesnt need games to make it sell, eh?

ThyGoat
08-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Released by Sony? Hmm... Like they've NEVER twisted the truth then... LOLOLOLOLOLOL Your gullable blud.

Wootzeh
08-05-2008, 08:29 PM
More people are used to PS2's so more people will buy them.

GommeInc
08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I can't imagine that being true but if it is, that's quite interesting and Niko (lol, like talking to the GTA IV character) fanboyism is stupid...

Neil
08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
according to figures released by Sony.

I think it's safe to say this is just a rumour, Sony and MS have been constantly battling between each other telling various news groups that they've sold more consoles than each other

To be honest why is this such a big deal? :S Are you THAT much of a fanboy to actually care? You don't work for Sony so really it makes no difference to you does it
You act as if it's a major achievement in your life or something :rolleyes:

Niko Bellic
08-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Who cares what console sales more anyway? Xbox 360 is still better than PS3, and I'm not biased I own both, I just like Xbox 360 better, Live if fun and easy to use and navigate by and we get so many games PS3 won't be seeing ;)

(Saints Row)
(Gears of War Series)
(Forza 2)

The list goes on mate..

Ashley 12344
08-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Your argument is a waste.
'PS3 for the win', when Wii has sold more?
So off your logic, the Wii is the better console?

Nice one. Come back when you aren't just regurgitating random statistics.

Neil
08-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Who cares what console sales more anyway? Xbox 360 is still better than PS3, and I'm not biased I own both, I just like Xbox 360 better, Live if fun and easy to use and navigate by and we get so many games PS3 won't be seeing ;)

(Saints Row)
(Gears of War Series)
(Forza 2)

The list goes on mate..

PS3 also gets great games 360 wont be seeing,

GT5
Ratchet and Clank
Motorstorm 1 & 2
LittleBigPlanet

That's about it for me at the moment to be honest

Ashley 12344
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM

GT5
Ratchet and Clank
Motorstorm 1 & 2
LittleBigPlanet

All 4 of which are titles which, in all honesty I probably wouldn't buy.
Maybe rent MGS and one of the above. The rest, I can easily live without.

Neil
08-05-2008, 08:39 PM
All 4 of which are titles which, in all honesty I probably wouldn't buy.
Maybe rent MGS and one of the above. The rest, I can easily live without.

Those are currently the only PS3 games I would even bother with, nothing else really interests me xD

Niko Bellic
08-05-2008, 08:40 PM

GT5 - I can just play Forza.
Ratchet and Clank - Kids game.
Motorstorm 1 & 2 - Not into Motorbike racing games.
LittleBigPlanet - Again, kids game little characters where you solve puzzles and can build your own courses.

They're not so great, the only ever game I would ever consider buying a game for PS3 is MGS

Mario
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
The wii is still completely destroying them both, but good for sony.

Neil
08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
They're not so great, the only ever game I would ever consider buying a game for PS3 is MGS

You are so closed minded

GT5 is better than Forza 2
Ratchet and Clank is far from a kids game :rolleyes:
Motorstorm isn't just bikes, it's just about any off road vehicle
LittleBigPlanet isn't a kids game if it's a puzzle game, it's actually a party game where you can solve puzzles with friends or solo if you choose too

People like you are what make 360 owners look like fanboys all the time, maybe you should stop considering games as "kids" games or comparing them when you haven't played one of them and actually play games for enjoyment instead of being a fanboy :rolleyes:

Ashley 12344
08-05-2008, 08:50 PM
You are so closed minded

GT5 is better than Forza 2
Ratchet and Clank is far from a kids game :rolleyes:
Motorstorm isn't just bikes, it's just about any off road vehicle
LittleBigPlanet isn't a kids game if it's a puzzle game, it's actually a party game where you can solve puzzles with friends or solo if you choose too

People like you are what make 360 owners look like fanboys all the time, maybe you should stop considering games as "kids" games or comparing them when you haven't played one of them and actually play games for enjoyment instead of being a fanboy :rolleyes:

I'd consider GT5, ideally as a £30 deal of the week. Not really had much out of a racing game since the earlier installments of NFS. I've become admittedly more picky with games lately. Don't like parting with £40 a pop for slosh.

Ratchet and Clank looks ok, still not something I'd run out of my way to buy.
Not sure about Motorstorm of LittleBigPlanet.

ThyGoat
08-05-2008, 08:53 PM
LittleBigPlanet is a Viva Pinata wannabe but without animals/pinatas... or so I'm told.

Niko Bellic
08-05-2008, 08:54 PM
So because I don't like the Worlds Biggest Nerd's selection of games I'm close minded? Okay then.

Fart
08-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I think it's safe to say this is just a rumour, Sony and MS have been constantly battling between each other telling various news groups that they've sold more consoles than each other

To be honest why is this such a big deal? :S Are you THAT much of a fanboy to actually care? You don't work for Sony so really it makes no difference to you does it
You act as if it's a major achievement in your life or something :rolleyes:
DAMN STRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIGHT
god neil is there nothing you cant do?!!?!

xbox360 ftw

Hiro
08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
yay more ******* fanboys.
its a ******* games console.
grow the hell up.

Neil
08-05-2008, 09:09 PM
LittleBigPlanet is a Viva Pinata wannabe but without animals/pinatas... or so I'm told.

No they're completly different genres

So because I don't like the Worlds Biggest Nerd's selection of games I'm close minded? Okay then.

How is it the worlds biggest nerds selection? You play racing games, you play shooter games, obviously you don't play puzzle games :rolleyes:

You are closed minded because you wont play a game to see what it's like, if a game sounds "kiddy" to you then you wont play it, if you already have a game like another game then you wont play the other one, you're a closed minded fanboy, nothing more to prove.

Zito
08-05-2008, 09:12 PM
I do see it being true, because of one main reason. Nearly everyone i knew had a PS2 but they didn't have to money for a PS3 but now they went down in price they get one. I can't wait to see sales at Christmas for PS3.

GommeInc
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM

(Saints Row)
(Gears of War Series)
(Forza 2)

The list goes on mate..
You may own both, but it's still opinion...

And as far as most people care, those games suck... But that's opinion, as is most things console/gaming wise :)

Axel
08-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Though I love my PS2, I'd still choose a 360 over a PS3, most the people I know have 360s except the occasional few so I'd have more people to play online with.

Pyroka
08-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Well, Xbox 360 is better than the PS3 for its games, and PS3 has outsold the Xbox probably because Xbox has already conquered the whole world and have no-one to sell to. PS3 are slowly catching up and it's going to be the majority of people who have Xbox's who buy a PS3 too.

Soz for sounding a bit fanboyish, but it does my head in. Xbox has well more users, well more activity & millions of PS3 units are probably being used to build hadrians wall between England and Scotland again.

Neil
08-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Well, Xbox 360 is better than the PS3 for its games, and PS3 has outsold the Xbox probably because Xbox has already conquered the whole world and have no-one to sell to. PS3 are slowly catching up and it's going to be the majority of people who have Xbox's who buy a PS3 too.

Soz for sounding a bit fanboyish, but it does my head in. Xbox has well more users, well more activity & millions of PS3 units are probably being used to build hadrians wall between England and Scotland again.

Lol xD

I know about 6 people that only got a PS3 because they wanted a blu-ray player and the PS3 was the cheapest one available xD

Rarelime
08-05-2008, 09:48 PM
If I had the choice to get either of the two consoles I would have to go with the 360. Far more of my friends have 360s over the PS3, and again, the selection of games is far better.

What puts me off the PS3 is that they discontinued the 60GB version, and the 40GB does not play PS2 games. Meaning I would have to buy a whole new collection of games, and a £45 a time its not happening.

But yeah anyway.. buy a Wii :).

Fez
08-05-2008, 09:53 PM
360 will conquer all, its obvious

Niko Bellic
08-05-2008, 10:10 PM
No they're completly different genres

How is it the worlds biggest nerds selection? You play racing games, you play shooter games, obviously you don't play puzzle games :rolleyes:

You are closed minded because you wont play a game to see what it's like, if a game sounds "kiddy" to you then you wont play it, if you already have a game like another game then you wont play the other one, you're a closed minded fanboy, nothing more to prove.

Never mind, I won't bother sinking to your level..

Because I don't like the selection of games you chose and I prefer my Xbox over my PS3 makes me a fan boy, okay! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Neil
08-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Lol Scottish and Obese? I'm from England and I'm not even over-weight let alone obese xD

If that's a fact I think someones been editing your brain wiki because it's wrong

I have a life actually, I go out just about everyday, games are just really easy for me :rolleyes:

Adam$
08-05-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm sick of fanboyness. Who really cares what console's better, at the end of the day, each console has it's unique selling point and whatever console you've got, you've got. it's not like either console's crap.

Rarelime
08-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Never mind, I won't bother sinking to your level..

Because I don't like the selection of games you chose and I prefer my Xbox over my PS3 makes me a fan boy, okay! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

See the red x in the corner, I believe you should press it.

Niko Bellic
08-05-2008, 11:25 PM
See the red x in the corner, I believe you should press it.

See the button on your computer? I suggest you press it and go outside.

Games are easy for you pfft that's a good one, more like you sit in the same chair for hours and do marathons to be the first to complete them.

yido
08-05-2008, 11:58 PM
josh has a point neil you play far to much sorry to say

Jord
09-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Everything makes more sales by the games,

PS3 - GTA IV (waste of time because it freezes every mission :rolleyes:)
Wii - Wii Fit (Loads have people have bought it)
Xbox 360 - Saint row(1 & 2, 2 coming soon) (Gears of war 1 and 2 (2 coming soon) (GTA IV)

GommeInc
09-05-2008, 11:37 AM

Xbox 360 - Saint row(1 & 2, 2 coming soon) (Gears of war 1 and 2 (2 coming soon) (GTA IV)
Biased much?

PS3 - Runs games smoothly except for the bug on GTA IV which is cleared up now.
Wii - Focuses on an abstract way of playing games and family/group fun.
Xbox 360 - Plays just as well as the PS3 except has different games and has been known to have hardware issues...

Both the Xbox and PS3 have issues, they're no way better than each other while the Wii sits in the corner mocking the two because it's uncomparable.

Neil
09-05-2008, 12:23 PM
See the button on your computer? I suggest you press it and go outside.

Games are easy for you pfft that's a good one, more like you sit in the same chair for hours and do marathons to be the first to complete them.

No I don't? I probably spend like 6 hours a day on the xbox? If I have nothing to do all day then I'll probably be on longer

josh has a point neil you play far to much sorry to say

You're on more than I am :rolleyes:

Biased much?

PS3 - Runs games smoothly except for the bug on GTA IV which is cleared up now.
Wii - Focuses on an abstract way of playing games and family/group fun.
Xbox 360 - Plays just as well as the PS3 except has different games and has been known to have hardware issues...

Both the Xbox and PS3 have issues, they're no way better than each other while the Wii sits in the corner mocking the two because it's uncomparable.

I agree, that was the most biased comment ever, the PS3 may have had bugs on GTA but the 360 hardware issues effect every 360 owner xD

Hiro
09-05-2008, 01:23 PM

I reckon the Halo trilogy made xbox what it is today.
But thats just one mans opinions.

Frodo13.
09-05-2008, 02:36 PM
The Wii always appears to be left out for some reason :S

Fez
09-05-2008, 02:38 PM

We got a patch for that earlier this week

Stitch
09-05-2008, 03:03 PM

Saints row 2 is coming to ps3

Wig44.
09-05-2008, 03:04 PM
No I don't? I probably spend like 6 hours a day on the xbox? If I have nothing to do all day then I'll probably be on longer

You're on more than I am :rolleyes:

I agree, that was the most biased comment ever, the PS3 may have had bugs on GTA but the 360 hardware issues effect every 360 owner xD

6 hours a day?! That is hours and hours mate. I don't mean to be horrible or rude but, christ, haven't you woken up and realised it isn't real yet? 6 hours is just pathetic.

Fehm
09-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Lol 360 is the best. Wii's are unbelievable hard to control, and PS3 are just chavvy x)

So.. Xbox ftw :)

Xbox
09-05-2008, 03:27 PM
not fussed i own all 3 consoles anyway. but imo 360 owns..

Sharpsterz
09-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Lol 360 is the best. Wii's are unbelievable hard to control, and PS3 are just chavvy x)

hmmm can chavs afford ps3's lol?

Reptar
09-05-2008, 03:31 PM

How is the wii hard to control?

Coheed&Cambria
09-05-2008, 04:16 PM
So what? This doesent proove that the ps3 is better than the 360, coz it isn't.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!