PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Get A Radio...

Headlawyer
09-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I Have A Website That Has Been Bought So Not Piczo Or Anything Free. How Do I First...

Create A Radio
Put It On A Website
Get Stats List Etc

Need help On This URGENTLY. Thanks

SUPERhanna.
09-05-2008, 04:12 PM
To have your own radio, you need to get hosting for it, and then putting it on the site, stats etc are all different types of coding :)

Finkelstien
09-05-2008, 04:54 PM
You will need site hosting as well as a SHOUTcast server.

As for the radio statistics and placing the actual radio player onto the site you will need someone who can code as Hana explained above :).

If you cant do any of the above I would recommend you approach someone who is skilled in this and possibly offer them a fixed position on your site as a insentive. However, people who code sites normally ask for a fee to be payed so keep that in mind.

HotelUser
09-05-2008, 08:55 PM
SHOUTcast servers are a nice choice over Icecast. You will need a SHOUTcast host, unless you wish to host your own server (though I don't recommend doing this without experience, as it for most users requires disabling firewalls, static IPs and port forwarding or DMZ, and then the dynamic IP can be an issue). I've always had good luck with http://sharpehosting.com/shout_hosting.php .

(I'm guessing you're behind a router)
If you have decided to host the radio yourself, then be sure to disable any firewalls on your computer. Then, download and install this, http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/sc1-9-8/shoutcast-dnas-1-9-8-windows.exe . See this page and select your router, then follow the on screen instructions, http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/ShoutCast/ShoutCastindex.htm. If you've done all that, make sure the server is started. To get the IP of your new server go to IPchicken.com and use the IP there to connect to the server. The default connection port is 8000 and default password is changeme .

To implement the stats, I recommend using this script:
http://casterclub.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=4
Your server must have PHP installed in order for the script to function. To set it up, open the CONFIG.php file in notepad and search for the settings to change them as needed.

Dippindonut1
09-05-2008, 09:49 PM
With help.

Nain
09-05-2008, 10:20 PM
i heard that Sunnyhosting.co.uk, were doing shoutcast servers starting at 40p per month with, an SCPanel
Your own unique control panel
99.95% Uptime
24/7 Web Based Support
included. (on a 24kpbs)

or you can get something for £3.40 per month which includes
200 Listeners
SCPanel Included
99.95% Uptime but is on a 24kpbs
and as for hosting, it all depends on what domain you want (Like .co.uk etc.)

200 Listeners
SCPanel Included
99.95% Uptime

£4.40 - 128kpbs

:)

Top Level Domain '.info' - £2.50 Per YEAR!
Top level domain '.com' and '.net' - £5.5- per YEAR!
Top level domain '.co.uk' - £7.00 per TWO years

they may be stopping this 'hot offer'

if you wish to place the radio stats + radio on the site, then coding will help.

Headlawyer
10-05-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks everyone who has helped me on this. However, can anyone code my template for me free or for something like furni [not rares] on habbo UK.

Also...

How do i get all my radio info like password etc.

Thanks

H0BJ0B
10-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Radio info is bought. you need to buy a shoutcast server. It cost money.

HotelUser
10-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Radio info is bought. you need to buy a shoutcast server. It cost money.

Ah, not necessary. One may always host their own server.

Thanks everyone who has helped me on this. However, can anyone code my template for me free or for something like furni [not rares] on habbo UK.

Also...

How do i get all my radio info like password etc.

Thanks

I'm rather bored, I can code the template for free if you like, PM it to me ;).

The default SHOUTcast server (the radio) password, is changeme . The default port is 8000. As for the IP address if you're hosting it you can go to ipchicken.com to get the IP. If someone else is hosting it..

Click Start> Run> Type CMD then type ping thewebsiteofthehost.comand it will tell you the IP address.

H0BJ0B
10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Running it on your own doesn't let anyone go on at any time.

HotelUser
10-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Running it on your own doesn't let anyone go on at any time.

If you mean that by running it on your own, others cannot connect, then that's not necessary true, one may leave the SHOUTcast server application running 24/7. I've seen many radios who do this, it's actually not very rare. Personally I wouldn't recommend doing it, unless you're expierenced, however if you prefer doing this over paying someone else to run it, it's a nice alternative.

H0BJ0B
10-05-2008, 09:57 PM
To do it, you need to use your computer, leave it on, and use up your bandwidth.

HotelUser
10-05-2008, 10:36 PM
To do it, you need to use your computer, leave it on, and use up your bandwidth.

Indeed, you must leave you computer active. The bandwidth of the standard Internet user wouldn't be damaged running at 64Kbs bitrate, as long as they don't exceed 20 listeners. Anything over that and you should pay for the server.

H0BJ0B
10-05-2008, 11:17 PM
but tbh, is anyone going to leave their computer on for 20 listeners? :)

HotelUser
10-05-2008, 11:48 PM

If they want to run a radio and don't want to purchase a server, then yes :).

NarielUK
11-05-2008, 04:21 PM

um, we do? :P

Your best bet is probably SHOUTcast though

H0BJ0B
11-05-2008, 10:23 PM
"for 20 listeners"
:):D:):D:):D:)

NarielUK
12-05-2008, 04:31 PM
"for 20 listeners"
:):D:):D:):D:)

My dear I have DJ'ed for 1 listener before, when we were having problems. There was also the time I thought I was DJ'ing to 1 listener, they turned out to be me, I had forgotten to close my HxL when listening to someone else.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!