PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch jailbreak apps..

cocaine
10-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Ok, so I'm on the verge of jailbreaking my 1.1.4 touch with Ziphone. I've downloaded the software, all I need to do is push tbe button.

What sort of apps does jailbreaking give me? Are they any good?

marriott0.01
10-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Nope, Just Wait Till You Can Get The New Applications Via The Software Development Kit :)

cocaine
10-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Nope, Just Wait Till You Can Get The New Applications Via The Software Development Kit :)
I didn't ask about that.

Yoshimitsui
10-05-2008, 12:14 PM
The installer programme is pretty good\1

cocaine
10-05-2008, 12:15 PM
The installer programme is pretty good\1

Nooo lol, I'm asking what sort of apps does the installer give me?

Yoshimitsui
10-05-2008, 12:18 PM
O reet, well it's endless.

TONS of games, programes, dependent on what you want to do to with it.

Allthough im yet to finf ringtones, and change the home screen with it. As people have said it can.

But i would say it's worth it.

xxMATTGxx
10-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I suggest once jailbroken etc. You install summerboard, you can choose from many themes from the sources via the iPod Touch or you can get them from online. I also suggest getting Customize, there is a video on youtube how to get that fully working with 1.1.4. You can change things like the battery, main slide button etc etc.

cocaine
10-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Ah ok cheers, you could just say I'm a little worried if something happens to it.

xxMATTGxx
10-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Ah ok cheers, you could just say I'm a little worried if something happens to it.

Nothing major will happen to it, if it does. It can be easily fixed via the restore button in iTunes. I jailbroken my in many different methods etc. I have had problems on a few but that was to my own fault and all I had to do is press "Restore".

Good luck, :)

cocaine
10-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok I've jailbroken it.

It was so much easier than I thought it would be - I followed a video on YouTube, used Ziphone, and followed what he said to install iPhone apps and stuff - and wow. It's well worth it.

xxMATTGxx
10-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Ok I've jailbroken it.

It was so much easier than I thought it would be - I followed a video on YouTube, used Ziphone, and followed what he said to install iPhone apps and stuff - and wow. It's well worth it.

Great Stuff! :)

kk.
10-05-2008, 02:15 PM
you know the june update thats coming, do you think you will have to pay for it if you have the jan update?

im really tempted to jailbreak it but it voids the warranty, and ive just had to send mine off to get it repaired

cocaine
10-05-2008, 02:24 PM
you know the june update thats coming, do you think you will have to pay for it if you have the jan update?

im really tempted to jailbreak it but it voids the warranty, and ive just had to send mine off to get it repaired

whats included in the june update?

and you would be able to get it for free if you jailbreak anyway.

kk.
10-05-2008, 02:31 PM
whats included in the june update?

and you would be able to get it for free if you jailbreak anyway.
if it goes to plan it should be the SDK which is pretty much the jailbreak but legit applications and is endorsed (think thats right) by Apple so it wouldnt breakt he contract between you and apple.

im jsut worried because ive had to use my warranty and i only bought in January so im a bit cautious of doing it incase i have to send it back. (the hold button wasnt working properly incase your curious)

xxMATTGxx
10-05-2008, 02:47 PM
if it goes to plan it should be the SDK which is pretty much the jailbreak but legit applications and is endorsed (think thats right) by Apple so it wouldnt breakt he contract between you and apple.

im jsut worried because ive had to use my warranty and i only bought in January so im a bit cautious of doing it incase i have to send it back. (the hold button wasnt working properly incase your curious)

Well if you could still connect it to iTunes and then pressed restore then sent it to apple. Then you have no problems about it.

cocaine
10-05-2008, 02:50 PM

Well if you could still connect it to iTunes and then pressed restore then sent it to apple. Then you have no problems about it.

yeah, as matt said if you manage the restore it then they wont know abou it

kk.
10-05-2008, 02:50 PM
hmmm probably. the thing is, because we cant see the code, it could leave like an imprint in it so it could still be visible (if they were to run a check between the two codes)

anyway, just found this:

Pricing & Availability
Apple plans to release the final iPhone 2.0 software, including the iPhone SDK and new enterprise features, as a free software update for all iPhone customers by the end of June. Third party applications created for the iPhone will also run on the iPod touch, and iPod touch users will be required to purchase a software update to run these applications. The free beta iPhone SDK is available immediately worldwide and can be downloaded at developer.apple.com/iphone/program. The iPhone Developer Program will initially be available in the US and will expand to other countries in the coming months. Apple is accepting applications beginning today from enterprise customers who would like to join the private iPhone Enterprise Beta Program

damn, looks like u will have to pay lol

Firehorse
10-05-2008, 07:19 PM
There's iano, a full sized piano on the touch. Also many games like mario cart. There are probably useful things like flash app for the internet. many more things. There are videos on youtube of what you can install.

cocaine
11-05-2008, 08:43 PM
haha thanks everyone - i got a screenshot app, heres my home screens ;)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2108/snap213945qp6.png

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3517/snap213950gx9.png

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7585/snap213955nm6.png

Heres an app called Tap Tap Revolution which I modded (following a video of youtube) which makes it look like Guitar Hero :P

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9035/snap214057fk0.png

DaveTaylor
11-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Will post my iPhone later.

kk.
11-05-2008, 08:50 PM
i must say, its even mroe tempting with the GH on their :P

xxMATTGxx
12-05-2008, 06:03 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/16bg03q.png

I do have another page, need to install some more thing on it later.

You
12-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Anyone know some good themes?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!