PDA

View Full Version : MSN problem.

Nirkle
10-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Okay, well here goes!

Everytime i open up either Windows messenger or Windows live messenger, my internet completely stops (when closed it is fine). This problem started a few days ago out of the blue... i hadn't downloaded anything new it just started. I thought it's probably just one of those things that will sort itself out but hasn't.

Anyway, MSN does work but everytime i try and send a message it freezes and fails to do so, eventually it unfreezes for about 10 seconds and then refreezes when i recieve a message.

I don't know whats up with it and i was wondering if anyone knew how i could fix the problem?

I have already tried redownloading it and theres nothing wrong with the software because my Windows Messenger which was already installed on my computer doesn't work either.

Please help :(x

e5
10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
What version of Messenger are you running?

mangle
10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
MSN Have disabled them I think.

Nirkle
10-05-2008, 06:38 PM
What version of Messenger are you running?

The newest one

what, lol???

mangle
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
MSN Have disabled the use of Youtube links, maybe all. Check the thread in the technology forum.

Nirkle
10-05-2008, 06:46 PM
MSN Have disabled the use of Youtube links, maybe all. Check the thread in the technology forum.

That has nothing to do with my problem :S?

My problem is that my whole internet doesnt work when i just open msn and when it works, it freezes whenever i send a message..

lol...

Nirkle
10-05-2008, 07:18 PM
sorry for double post but no-one has reallly answered my question yet

i need help!!!

Rixion
10-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Maybe download an older version?

X-deano-X
10-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Try to re-install MSN if it is still the same download
the version before the one you have now
^^^
Hope that makes sence to you lol

bo$$
10-05-2008, 07:56 PM

lol what the **** does that have to do with anything?

and just try reinstalling and if it doesn't work then install and older version and if THAT doesnt work then I've got no idea.

Nirkle
11-05-2008, 09:04 AM
lol what the **** does that have to do with anything?

and just try reinstalling and if it doesn't work then install and older version and if THAT doesnt work then I've got no idea.

Yeah thats what i thought l m a o.

And idk, the weird thing is that windows messenger which is already installed into windows pc's doesn't work either

but ill try that

i wondered whether or not my firewall settings had been changed or something :S?

shizzle
11-05-2008, 09:20 AM
You should have Windows Live if its the new one. Re-install it off there site.

Nirkle
11-05-2008, 09:22 AM
You should have Windows Live if its the new one. Re-install it off there site.

I do have windows live..

i was saying that it doesnt work and nor does windows messenger.

xxMATTGxx
11-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Uninstall all versions of Windows Live Messenger, then once done install the the latest version of it.

shizzle
11-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Whats the message?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!