PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 5 News

Fez
10-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Source (http://kotaku.com/389162/call-of-duty-5-already-playable)

Sources tell us that the upcoming Call of Duty 5 game in development is already playable, and currently going through quality assurance.
Treyarch is also said to be the developer, and the title, we're told, is set in a WWII Pacific environment and will be using Call of Duty 4's engine, the same engine on which the upcoming James Bond: Quantum of Solace movie game is being built.
Yesterday, on the company's call to investors, Activision publishing CEO Mike Griffith said CoD5 would be coming (http://kotaku.com/388958/call-of-duty-5-to-feature-new-military-theater) to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and DS, in addition to a return for the franchise to PS2 and Wii for the first time in two years.

Source (http://kotaku.com/388958/call-of-duty-5-to-feature-new-military-theater)

During the company's call to investors yesterday, Activision publishing CEO Mike Griffith revealed big plans for the next installment in the Call of Duty franchise, which helped drive the company to a record $2.90 billion (http://kotaku.com/388707/activision-announces-record-billion+dollar-growth-in-breakthrough-fiscal-08) in revenue on the year. "We'll bring the intensity of the recent Call of Duty: Modern Warfare title to a new military theater," Griffith said, adding that CoD4's success "doubled" the franchise's user base.

According to GameSpot (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6190641.html), Griffith also announced a broad multiplatform vision for the title:

"We'll launch on all four platforms we've participated on in fiscal [year] 2008," Activision Publishing CEO Mike Griffith referring to Call of Duty 4, which sold over 7 million units worldwide on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Nintendo DS in 2007. Griffiths then re-confirmed that "we'll [also] launch on the PS2 and the Wii," marking the series' return to the PS2 and Wii after a two-year hiatus.
A developer for the title was not announced, however. Rumors had suggested CoD4 developer Infinity Ward might have the exclusive, but a spokesperson for the publisher later said that Treyarch and Infinity Ward would continue to alternate (http://kotaku.com/382606/activision-denies-infinity-ward-cod-exclusivity) installments on the series. We've heard that this one is in Treyarch's court (http://kotaku.com/gaming/notag/call-of-duty-5-heading-for-the-pacific-331754.php), and will feature a Pacific WWII setting.

So I guess Treyarch is really speeding through development, or mabye they started work on it before CoD4's release?

mangle
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Best be before, if they're rushing it it shall be CRAP.

Neil
10-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Treyarch would of started last year, that's why they switch between the devs, one will be done by IW, the next Treyarch then IW, it gives them both a a year to work on a new game

Fez
10-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I'd hate for them to ruin the franchise, I doub they will, but if it is anything that is like the usual ''movie based game'' things then say bye bye to CoD.

Infinity Ward will probably have to revive the series... again

Supersam
10-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Yea they started ages ago....

Its a shame they didnt think "wow IW did better than all of the other developers... lets keep them"..... *sigh*

Better be good.

Fez
10-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeha they've probably started ages ago

mangle
10-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Problem is, they're going to flog loads anyway!

I'd like to see if bullet penitration is in it.

Supersam
10-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Its probibly going to be less like COD4 im guessing....

I think it will still be similar controls but if they make it too slow and complex they will just wreck it.

ThyGoat
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I think I'm just going to stick with COD4... I dunno.

Breakfloor
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
one step backwards with only there second step forward

COD - rubbish
COD2 - awesome.
COD3 - rubbish
COD4 - AMAZING!

and now cod 5 based back in WWII yet they know they CLEARLY havent been working well.

Neil
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
one step backwards with only there second step forward

COD - rubbish
COD2 - awesome.
COD3 - rubbish
COD4 - AMAZING!

and now cod 5 based back in WWII yet they know they CLEARLY havent been working well.

Lol clearly you're not a very big CoD fan :P

CoD - GMI (TA)
CoD:UO - GMI (TA)
CoD:FH - TA
CoD2 - IW
CoD2:BRO - TA
CoD3 - TA
CoD:RtV - AE
CoD4 - IW
CoD5 - TA

Every single one is amazing, I'm buying CoD5, it wont have as good multiplayer as CoD4 I doubt but it's still worth it as TA can still do well with the single player campaign

Supersam
10-05-2008, 08:23 PM
COD4 surpassed the others.

If Treyarch have a brain they will make COD5 just like COD4 but with new features.

Neil
10-05-2008, 08:28 PM
COD4 surpassed the others.

If Treyarch have a brain they will make COD5 just like COD4 but with new features.

Not really, CoD4 had much better multiplayer than CoD2, CoD3 wasn't as good as CoD2 but it had better multiplayer, CoD4 has the best multiplayer so far, which is what pushed it, CoD2 has a better single player campaign as WW2 is a much better story than what IW gave us in CoD4

Treyarch will still make a good game, a real fan wouldn't have a problem with WW2 again, personally I prefer WW2, the guns were alot better

Supersam
10-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Not really, CoD4 had much better multiplayer than CoD2, CoD3 wasn't as good as CoD2 but it had better multiplayer, CoD4 has the best multiplayer so far, which is what pushed it, CoD2 has a better single player campaign as WW2 is a much better story than what IW gave us in CoD4

Treyarch will still make a good game, a real fan wouldn't have a problem with WW2 again, personally I prefer WW2, the guns were alot better

Yea I wasn't impressed at the single player (especially naff ending) but it was a completely made-up story unlike WW2 being a real event and story.

I just think Treyarch should have tried a new angle with this game and not just made an improvement to COD2 (so it seems).

c[__]
10-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Old news and may not that anymore as it's been rumoured Treyarch won't be making it.

Judge Judy
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I'll be buying it :)

mangle
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't mind a new one where you get close to your squad like you did with the SAS. E.g. seeing one of them blown limb from limb may effect you unlike when in games you just dont rly care.

Neil
10-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Yea I wasn't impressed at the single player (especially naff ending) but it was a completely made-up story unlike WW2 being a real event and story.

I just think Treyarch should have tried a new angle with this game and not just made an improvement to COD2 (so it seems).

You never know, knowing Treyarch we'll probably get vehicles this time, only trucks and stuff, maybe if we're lucky we'll get an RAF mission set, you never know but it's still something you can't judge until it's out, I'm looking forward too it as I'm a massive CoD fan, I have every CoD game xD - Not every version like "CoD3 on PS2, 360 and Wii" or "CoD4 on 360, PC and DS" just one of each :P

@Bren - Treyarch are making it, the game is going to be set in the Pacific during WW2 xD

Supersam
10-05-2008, 08:38 PM
You never know, knowing Treyarch we'll probably get vehicles this time, only trucks and stuff, maybe if we're lucky we'll get an RAF mission set, you never know but it's still something you can't judge until it's out, I'm looking forward too it as I'm a massive CoD fan, I have every CoD game xD

Haha ive gathered as much.

From having COD2 though I just hope Treyarch just dont make COD5 a mission to improve it and try to run with COD4's success.

Jake145
10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah, i think they should wait. Get everything perfect and not to rush it.

Alan_Carr
10-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Another one?
Im fine with the current one tbh

Baby
10-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I want it to be in the modern age again :l
War games are usually an epic fail D:

Fez
10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm sure Infinity Ward will make CoD6

Neil
10-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm sure Infinity Ward will make CoD6

I don't think it'll reach 6 but if it does then IW will probably be doing it :P

Coheed&Cambria
10-05-2008, 09:13 PM
They should just hold back COD 5 and let more improvements happen, and bring in new guns and expansions for COD 4..

Supersam
10-05-2008, 09:15 PM
They should both just make a final COD together thats in the future and stop there :P

Neil
10-05-2008, 09:16 PM
They should just hold back COD 5 and let more improvements happen, and bring in new guns and expansions for COD 4..

Not gonna happen, Activision want to release a new CoD every year, which is why they have 2 developers for it

Fez
10-05-2008, 09:25 PM
They should both just make a final COD together thats in the future and stop there :P
That idea sounds... awesome

Treyarch are good at structuring the story and Infinity Ward is good at actually making it.

Stitch
11-05-2008, 12:33 PM

CoD - GMI (TA)
CoD2 - IW
CoD3 - TA
CoD4 - IW
CoD5 - TA

Every single one is amazing, I'm buying CoD5, it wont have as good multiplayer as CoD4 I doubt but it's still worth it as TA can still do well with the single player campaign

I swear CoD was developed by IW.

I'm looking forward to CoD5 i love WWII games. CoD2 is my favourite. I like the bolt action rifles :D I hope it will be on PC because I don't think CoD3 was :( I prefer the PC controls.

Neil
11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I swear CoD was developed by IW.

I'm looking forward to CoD5 i love WWII games. CoD2 is my favourite. I like the bolt action rifles :D I hope it will be on PC because I don't think CoD3 was :( I prefer the PC controls.

Na the first ever CoD was by GMI, they then got merged with Treyarch

And CoD5 probably wont be on PC as Treyarch are a console game developer, someone else may port it though

Breakfloor
11-05-2008, 12:59 PM

CoD - GMI (TA)
CoD2 - IW
CoD3 - TA
CoD4 - IW
CoD5 - TA

im a huge COD fan but the only good ones have been 2 and four. for obvious reasons, IW have made them! i have 1, 2, 3 and 4 and i only like 2 and 4.

Ashley 12344
11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Hopefully it'll have a single play anyway (a half-decent one).

Jordy
11-05-2008, 01:45 PM
I've never been a fan of World War 2 war games and COD3 was disgraceful so I doubt I'll buy COD5 despite COD4 being my all-time favourite game.

I enjoyed the modern warfare equipment such as C4, Air strikes, Choppers and things with the Nuclear element in the storyline. It was all very techie and I thought it was great, I also liked the different landscapes in Russia and Iraq, this'll just ruin a good thing in my opinion :P

Neil
11-05-2008, 02:03 PM
I've never been a fan of World War 2 war games and COD3 was disgraceful so I doubt I'll buy COD5 despite COD4 being my all-time favourite game.

I enjoyed the modern warfare equipment such as C4, Air strikes, Choppers and things with the Nuclear element in the storyline. It was all very techie and I thought it was great, I also liked the different landscapes in Russia and Iraq, this'll just ruin a good thing in my opinion :P

Lol the problem with CoD4 is that it's too easy, compared to CoD2 it's a walk in the park >.<

Stitch
11-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't really care about single player I only really play multiplayer. So i'm hoping TA make the online good.

brandon
11-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Not looking forward to this at all. It's a shame that Activision wants one released every year rather than working on making it even better over a longer period of time. If it's back to WW2 then I certainly wont be buying it! I wouldn't be bothered but when it's released there wont be many people on COD4!

Coheed&Cambria
11-05-2008, 10:03 PM
IW+TA= Amazing COD game...

j4k3
13-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Do we have a release date yet?

Also, I could see it going like some other series like GTA

GTA I
GTA London
GTA London 69'
GTA 2

etc.

So after COD5, maybe going deeper with IW into modern day in Iraq and such

TA best do good, but there known for 'teh epic phail' so to speak.

Lyrical.Troop
13-05-2008, 10:36 PM
i hate jesus

on topic :

cool lookin game

Neil
13-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Do we have a release date yet?

Also, I could see it going like some other series like GTA

GTA I
GTA London
GTA London 69'
GTA 2

etc.

So after COD5, maybe going deeper with IW into modern day in Iraq and such

TA best do good, but there known for 'teh epic phail' so to speak.

I think TA will do well in the multiplayer, they did quite well with CoD3 but no many people liked it because the gameplay wasn't exactly great compared to CoD2, I hope they do better this time, then I can play the multiplayer on that instead of CoD4, no more noob tubes :D

-=-Me-=-Me-=-
14-05-2008, 05:54 AM
im not gonna say anything about CoD5 because there hasnt been so much as a release date

but CoD4/2 were definetly the best games in the series

if there going out on number 5

it better be good....

Ailo Gaup
14-05-2008, 06:03 AM
They should take there time?
I want some real nice features on it, as with others

mangle
14-05-2008, 01:31 PM
They won't care about nice features, they care about economic benifits which is why it's on the PS2 aswell.

Niko Bellic
14-05-2008, 01:49 PM
I liked the regular guns they used on Call of Duty anyway, I wouldn't mind if there was no futureistic perks, I could still play Call of Duty 4 anyway if I wanted that, I'm not looking for MP but if it's got a good story line I'll probably get it.

Neil
14-05-2008, 02:56 PM
They won't care about nice features, they care about economic benifits which is why it's on the PS2 aswell.

Not true, they can release CoD on PS2 because the game isn't that big, CoD4 isn't on the PS2 probably because of the graphics and the major reason is that it's for next gen gaming, which is rediculous because not everyone buys a new console for one gamem HD graphics are nothing that impressive anyway, I've seen HD on the PS3, which is meant to be the best, in that case (playing GTA4) it looks horrible, I don't think that's how it is in all games but the graphics were terrible compared to standard TVs

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!