PDA

View Full Version : 1and1 Domain Registering [ problem ]

Phreedom
11-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Ok, I bought a domain from 1and1.com yesterday. It says its registered and whatever, but I can't connect to the FTP. This is my domain:

www.vestigems.com (http://www.vestigems.com)

^ Not an advertisement, nothing on it >.>

I get on the ftp and then I get this message:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server

do you know what is wrong? I can't figure it out.

EDIT: Also might be wrong spot, i couldnt decide which place i should put this >.> just move to the correct place if this isnt it.

Jordan,
11-05-2008, 12:11 AM
have you got hosting

Javascrypt
11-05-2008, 12:32 AM
I think its still waiting for the DNS to be changed

Protege
11-05-2008, 12:40 AM
1and1 is really bad, dont get hosting with them -if you fail to pay they take all your domains. They are very sad.

Joshuae
11-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Use Filezilla client, not server.
(This happened to me exactly ><!)

Javascrypt
11-05-2008, 01:09 AM
1and1 is really bad, dont get hosting with them -if you fail to pay they take all your domains. They are very sad.

They Cannot Be allowed to do that. You can just change the DNS right?

Protege
11-05-2008, 01:23 AM
If your domains with them, My mates mate lost all their domains cause he didnt pay for his hosting.

Phreedom
11-05-2008, 01:39 AM
Use Filezilla client, not server.
(This happened to me exactly ><!)

i use filezilla for every ftp i use lol.

and yeah i got hosting, i probably shouldnt have lol

Joshuae
11-05-2008, 09:03 AM
i use filezilla for every ftp i use lol.

and yeah i got hosting, i probably shouldnt have lol

Yeah, use client not server then.

iUnknown
11-05-2008, 09:08 AM
If your domains with them, My mates mate lost all their domains cause he didnt pay for his hosting.

Likely that he got the web hosting and domains in a package... so when he didn't pay for that package they both got removed.

My experience with 1and1 was good - except it takes around 10 hours for domains to be registered with them, then another 10 hours for them to propagate to nameservers.

You must have hosting for that domain, and you must wait until the nameservers pointing the domain to the hosting are completely resolving before you will be able to connect through FTP.

However, seeing as when you try to connect it gets through to an IP, it looks like the nameservers have already propagated - unless they've propagated to the wrong server. If they've propagated to the correct server, then you have a problem with FTP on that server, and I suggest you look for bugs in the config and restart it.

Protege
11-05-2008, 10:36 AM
No he has purchased alot of domains, over 20 and they got terminated/suspended cause he didn't pay for the hosting package.

Tomm
11-05-2008, 11:23 AM
They can't do that. If they did then I recommend you contact the official body for the domain type your purchased (e.g Nominet for .co.uk) and complain to them. When I refused to pay they just canceled my account and my domains went into a "untagged" state. I still owned the domains but I had to pay Nominet £15 per domain to "retag" the domain with a registrar.

DeejayMachoo$
11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I wouldnt use 1and1 they removed 6 domains because i didnt renew 1 of them...

Florx
11-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Just use namecheap. Tis fast.

Protege
11-05-2008, 04:08 PM
I have a few of my domains with godaddy, nothing negative has happened.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!