PDA

View Full Version : GTA4 police

Meanies
11-05-2008, 07:59 PM
lmao.

Just drove past a police car with it's lights on, then there was another car stopped infront of it and the police guy was looking in the boot, then pulled the guy out and shot him. Naughty man.

Yoshimitsui
11-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Are they more realistic in this version. Like they where proper stupid on what they did in san andreas. Only ever went after you and what now.

Hiro
11-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Are they more realistic in this version. Like they where proper stupid on what they did in san andreas. Only ever went after you and what now.

Yeah, say if someone starts shooting at you or hitting you, and you haven't done anything, the cops will arrest them.

Supersam
11-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Yea but also the cops like to run me over when im crossing the road.... :(

Mario
11-05-2008, 08:12 PM
i dont get the new policing system, is the area on the radar that flashes when you get a star the area that the police are looking for you in? sorry for the slight offtopicness

Supersam
11-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Yea. But sometimes when i leave that area and carry on going... the circle suddenly moves aound me again when i've done nothing!

The easiest way is to jump into the sea.

Leetzgirl
11-05-2008, 08:13 PM
They still go to the sea after you :|

Mario
11-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Yea. But sometimes when i leave that area and carry on going... the circle suddenly moves aound me again when i've done nothing!

Ok, thanks for clearing that up :)

brandon
11-05-2008, 08:15 PM

It doesn't go instantly as you leave the area... it takes a little while. And if a cop car goes past you while you're out of the area the circle will move and your right back in it.

Yoshimitsui
11-05-2008, 08:15 PM
That's another thing, do they still always no where you are? Or can you loose them at any time.

Supersam
11-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I think if you hide somewhere on foot... but in the circle they can lose sight of you but it takes a while for them to give up.

Mario
11-05-2008, 08:18 PM
It doesn't go instantly as you leave the area... it takes a little while. And if a cop car goes past you while you're out of the area the circle will move and your right back in it.

wow, this games sounding more awesome by the second, i can imagine trying to get out of the circle then just trying to look for cover somewhere until they stop looking.

brandon
11-05-2008, 08:22 PM
wow, this games sounding more awesome by the second, i can imagine trying to get out of the circle then just trying to look for cover somewhere until they stop looking.
Yes, and the more stars you have on the Wanted Level the harder it is to escape.

That's another thing, do they still always no where you are? Or can you loose them at any time.
When you leave the circle that's when they don't know where you are.

Supersam
11-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Yes, and the more stars you have on the Wanted Level the harder it is to escape.

When you leave the circle that's when they don't know where you are.

Yea and now on this the circle gets bigger the more stars you have.

Meanies
11-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Yea but also the cops like to run me over when im crossing the road.... :(

Everyone does that though, crap drivers imo :P

brandon
11-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Yea and now on this the circle gets bigger the more stars you have.
Yeah, six stars is massive!

Supersam
11-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Everyone does that though, crap drivers imo :P

Ye ino!!

Like just now this guy rammed me across the road then ran me over and had the NEVRE to BEEP AT ME!!!!

So I shot him and stole the car...

FlyingJesus
11-05-2008, 08:28 PM
This circle thing sounds like it's ripped from the Scarface game

Ashley 12344
11-05-2008, 09:10 PM
But IRL, if you walked in front of a car you'd get hit.

Pazza
12-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok, thanks for clearing that up :)

No, he was wrong. The circle only changes when there is another cop car. If you look on radar you must escape the circle, but not run into a cross (cop car) otherwise they'll come after you

GommeInc
12-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Isn't a cross a helecopter, a circle with an outer ring is a cop car and a circle is a policeman?

mangle
12-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Something like that.

The police make me laugh, they're so much more clever than last time.

TonyBest
12-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeh they are man. The 1 thing i enjoy doing the the police is calling backup inside their police car :P

Moh
12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
You can sometimes change car and they don't notice you :P
Theres a big flashing box on the map, and there are small flashing dots on the map. These are police. So if you keep away from then, you can get away from them. I usually try and make a traffic jam to stop the chasing police :)
The thing which annoys me most is, if your having a fight, the cops automaticly attack you, even though some one else attacked you. They should only split the fight up, not arrest/shoot you :(

Adam$
12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
if you recieve your circle of vicinity when in a car, the wanted level will go a couple of seconds after you exit the car (if you escape the circle) - if you carry on and they spot you the circle will recenter to your location.

Meanies
12-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Isn't a cross a helecopter, a circle with an outer ring is a cop car and a circle is a policeman?

Spinny cross = helicopter
Circle = Foot pooliceman
Circle with spinny quarter circle outside it = Police Car

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!