PDA

View Full Version : idea for a webhost?

kk.
11-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Well that was annoying... second time ive written this because it failed to post.

This is an idea for any current web host or for anyone. You can have an option where you pay PER DAY. so the customers are able to cancel whenever they want and do not ahve to pay a monthly fee and waste money. This option will give them flexibility and is much better for people who want to trya few hosts before choosing the right one. You can set up a direct debit of some sort and could give the option of weekly payments (so if they cancel halfway through they still get charged).

I gues a rough price would be 10 - 20p per day? and you can also entice people to stay with you buy having a set-up cost of a small amount £1 - £2. Just an idea for any host to try it out.

what do you guys think? feasible idea?

Hypertext
11-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Or a minimum contract, e.g. 1 month. good idea tho.

DeejayMachoo$
11-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Not a good idea too high matence... also
paypal... 10p a day - 4p tax...

kk.
11-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Not a good idea too high matence... also
paypal... 10p a day - 4p tax...
you only get charged when you withdraw money... (well thats what happens for me)

and you have to put work in to get customers ;)

DeejayMachoo$
11-05-2008, 09:00 PM
no when u get sent payments too..

kk.
11-05-2008, 09:03 PM
thats never happened to me before..

thought so: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

Personal Account Premier/Business Account
Open an Account Free Free
Send Money Free Free

Kieran
11-05-2008, 09:12 PM
You get charged when people send you money...

kk.
11-05-2008, 09:20 PM
once again: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside

ive never been charged for recieving money (and it never ends in 4.96p). And anyway, it doesnt have to be through paypal?

Klydo
11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
If you have a business account it automatically takes off 20p or something then 3.4%. Not sure if that's the exact figures but it's something like it. Get someone to send you a £1 or so to a Business account and you'll soon see you loose most of it. So if someone was to pay a £5 monthly subscription over an average of 30 days then it's between 16 - 17p a day. Meaning whoever is recieving it will get absolutely nothing.

Just checked that page, for the webhost to recieve the money it is...

1.4% + £0.20 GBP to 3.4% + £0.20 GBP

So no matter how much it is they are still going to lose 20p straight away. You'll find most if not all hosts on here are predominately run on the fact of people using PayPal as it's simple and easy to use with the majority of web hosting management software. Sure they could accept cards but you then have extreme security issues which is why most will even then use PayPal to complete the transactions. With card payments the charges are similar also.

Sorry but you're idea has a major flaw which makes it an instant failure unless the host in question was able to produce a secure, safe and certified card accepting system.

kk.
11-05-2008, 10:22 PM
hmmm.. paypals strange lol. when ive recieved money its always the exact amount, i only get charged when i withdraw moeny which is about 25p.
anyway, not everyone uses paypal? you can set up a DD into another account.
i dont know, i still think it would be a good idea

Klydo
11-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Like I said only the larger hosts such as Hostgator, 1and1, GoDaddy etc will be able to do something like this. As they are more trusted with personal details such as credit cards. As the smaller hosts which can be found on here I wouldn't trust with the name on my cards let alone all the details for them to extract the payments they need.

kk.
11-05-2008, 10:26 PM
ah right ok :)

Nice logo btw, do you want to make a thread on klydo updates :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!