PDA

View Full Version : Phone help.. +rep

Niko Bellic
12-05-2008, 02:19 AM
My contract is running out next month so I get to get a new phone, I don't know what to get, any suggestions? I want a nice small one which is easy to use and has quiet a lot of features and a very good camera. It also needs to have like access to the internet so I can use messenger and check various websites such as Youtube.

I was consider getting a iPhone which has all of them features but it's not free on contract so I'll need to pay like £250 :P

Any ideas? (80% I'm getting a iPhone)

bo$$
12-05-2008, 02:42 AM
I'd just go for the iphone.

Niko Bellic
12-05-2008, 02:57 AM
Yeah, that's what I was gonna do, just wanted to see if there were any really good phones coming soon similar to iPhone/Nokia Tube :P

Recursion
12-05-2008, 03:16 PM
The iPhone is a waste of time. One of Apple's suckiest products ever.

*Puts flame ******ent suite on*

Flisker
12-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I hate the iPhone its like cPanel 11 when it was first announced.... Unstable.

Kieran
12-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Get the N95 with Three. Then you get free msn! =)

Niko Bellic
15-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Turns out no iPhones are in stock anyway haha, I might get the N96, my Dad has one and it's pretty good I guess, you can also go on the internet I take it because my mum went on Facebook before, can you go on Youtube and will it like resize the video to fit the whole screen? (I think you need to pay for Internet)

DaveTaylor
15-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Turns out no iPhones are in stock anyway haha, I might get the N96, my Dad has one and it's pretty good I guess, you can also go on the internet I take it because my mum went on Facebook before, can you go on Youtube and will it like resize the video to fit the whole screen? (I think you need to pay for Internet)

wait til june 9th, new iphone coming out.

<3
16-05-2008, 06:25 AM
DO NOT GET AN IPHONE! I have one and I hate it, camera sucks, limited bluetooth, no MMS and you have to pay for ringtones.

If you're looking for something similar I would go for the LG Viewty, if not shop arround :) You're the one that will be using it until you can upgrade/afford to buy a new one.

:job2
16-05-2008, 06:39 AM
I agree with people above do not yet an iPhone... YET.

There's a new iPhone coming out in the summer of this year (rumored to be june / july) so buying an iPhone now would be stupid and the new ones going to be better and apparently cheeper.

Tbh. the phone market is annoying at the moment, there's very few phones which are actually good, the ones that are good are stupidly expensive. Before I get a phone I always go on the carphone warehouse website and see if there's and really awesome phones coming out soon.

Jaiisun
16-05-2008, 06:58 AM
I reccommend an N95, or the iPhone.

;].
Jay x

DaveTaylor
16-05-2008, 11:33 AM
DO NOT GET AN IPHONE! I have one and I hate it, camera sucks, limited bluetooth, no MMS and you have to pay for ringtones.

If you're looking for something similar I would go for the LG Viewty, if not shop arround :) You're the one that will be using it until you can upgrade/afford to buy a new one.

Camera - Is fine, I will happily post any photos I taken with it to prove it:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2116/2460419484_ed54c38545_b.jpg
(that image has been enlarged x1.5)
Bluetooth: Learn to edit .plist and jailbreak

MMS: Yes there is again edit .plists

Ringtones: No you don't use garageband to make your own.

Recursion
16-05-2008, 11:35 AM
In other words, get a Nokia Tube when they come out.

Niko Bellic
17-05-2008, 11:13 PM
At the moment I've got a LG Viewty and hate it that's the whole reason I wanna get a new phone, what features will the new iPhone have? :S

Edit: If it's the 18GB one then I'm pretty sure it's alright out because 02 sent my mum one and it came the otherday.

flatface
17-05-2008, 11:19 PM
The iPhone sounds like a bit of a rip off really, you can get much better 'smartphones' with better features that work out much cheaper in the long term..

Kieran
17-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Lol at the silly cat :P
But ye, to me Iphones seem a waste of money. You're paying for the apple on the back of it.

DaveTaylor
17-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Lol at the silly cat :P
But ye, to me Iphones seem a waste of money. You're paying for the apple on the back of it.

The iPhone sounds like a bit of a rip off really, you can get much better 'smartphones' with better features that work out much cheaper in the long term..

You two are gonna hit the floor when you see whats coming out 9th June (or at least WWDC)

Kieran
17-05-2008, 11:25 PM
No Im not :P
I'm content with my N95. I don't care what Apple do to rip people off =)

DaveTaylor
17-05-2008, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn83wizEMAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6-cUOPoLY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5xA8-XvjNk&feature=related

superfly-dan
18-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Get an N95, I have one and it's the best phone I've ever had. The browser is excellent, there's an MSN messenger app., the Nokia Maps is really cool and it has the best camera I've ever seen on any mobile.

additional
22-05-2008, 01:38 AM
n96.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n96-2253.php

It rips the hell outta the iphone. Comes with 16gb internal and up to 8gb external. Digital TV, GPS, 5 mp camera, Small like you wanted, 3.5mm jack output for your ipod earphones, wifi and the best thing out of them all is that it is a Nokia so you can always software upgrade your phone.

It's ment to be coming out soon here in AUS and the UK and US get it before us always. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!