PDA

View Full Version : Games Rant

MrPinkPanther
12-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok I am going to have alittle rant here so bare with me.

Rant 1: Xmote
I remember about a year ago hearing that Microsoft were developing a Wii type remote, I got annoyed and then moved on. I was browsing the web earlier today and I found some new information about it, its in development by Rare which is no bad thing but look at the plan of what its going to look like http://gizmodo.com/376996/xbox-360s-wiimote-accessory-is-already-in-development-coming-this-generation . Hmm wat does that remind you of? Then you look at the release date and its the same time as Banjo 3, I know lets go ruin Banjo Kazooie by developing a new controller thats a blatent rip off of the wii and chuck it onto a game series that it doesn't fit atall. I can see them releasing as a bundle at xmas, making the 360 look family friendly. What annoys me more though is when I went on a 360 forum to look at it they were all going 'yey now the 360 can beat the wii' when only a few months ago they were calling the wiimote 'Gay and a gimmick'. This is the biggest gimmick Ive ever seen, trying to make the 360 appear family friendly. The wiimote is used properly which I cant see this being used as.

Rant 2: 'Real' games
Increasingly people attack the wii saying 'get some real games', I assure you Super Mario is most definatly a real game infact its probably the most real game out there. Take a trip down memory lane, which came first Super Mario and Sonic or Halo? Infact what was the first proper 3D shooter Goldeneye or Halo? Which came first Metroid or Halo? etc. The point of Nintendo games is to take you out of reality whereas all of these other games to me seem to be doing the opposite, feeling as real as possible.

Klydo
12-05-2008, 10:51 AM
"Real" by the means of this is aiming at the fact that the Wii hasn't got any games which relate to the times it is in. Yes Super Mario was a hero of gaming especially for Nintendo, just like Sonic was for Sega however they are OAPs in the world of gaming now. New characters such as Halo and all the different lead roles in the GTA series are who are seen as the new gaming successes. Nintendo don't have anything in the way to compete with these on the Wii. You can all say that Mario is still your favourite but I gurantee you'd play GTA a lot more than you'd ever play Super Mario now. The Wii is more for a family gathering or keeping the kids occupied while the parents go and have special time. I wouldn't play the Wii on my own as there is just no fun in it, you need someone there to see your achievements.

Also the remote issue was obvious as Microsoft can't develop ahead all they can do is copy whats already there. So the remote is just another example of this, but nothing can be done as gaming remotes get copied all the time.

MrPinkPanther
12-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Actually I have GTA 3, VC and SA personally. None of them intrest me I consider them overhyped and considering alot of people have being say GTA IV is a letdown I don't really want it.

Thats exactly my point Nintendo is the only one that bothers too innovate. DPads, Analogue sticks, Shoulder buttons the list is endless, all of these Nintendo invented. Microsoft just copy, copy, copy and I'm not just talking about games here. Even Sony dont rip as bad as Microsoft, Microsofts concept art could easily be mistaken for a Wiimote.

The only game I want on 360 is Banjo 3 but looking at the screenshots that have been leaked with huge vehicles and dull levels its not really the Banjo I know and love. Ah well the offical Banjo info day is tommorow where they will give the first real information about Banjo 3 and maybe officially announce the Xmote.

Minstrels
12-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Ok I am going to have alittle rant here so bare with me.

Rant 1: Xmote
I remember about a year ago hearing that Microsoft were developing a Wii type remote, I got annoyed and then moved on. I was browsing the web earlier today and I found some new information about it, its in development by Rare which is no bad thing but look at the plan of what its going to look like http://gizmodo.com/376996/xbox-360s-wiimote-accessory-is-already-in-development-coming-this-generation . Hmm wat does that remind you of? Then you look at the release date and its the same time as Banjo 3, I know lets go ruin Banjo Kazooie by developing a new controller thats a blatent rip off of the wii and chuck it onto a game series that it doesn't fit atall. I can see them releasing as a bundle at xmas, making the 360 look family friendly. What annoys me more though is when I went on a 360 forum to look at it they were all going 'yey now the 360 can beat the wii' when only a few months ago they were calling the wiimote 'Gay and a gimmick'. This is the biggest gimmick Ive ever seen, trying to make the 360 appear family friendly. The wiimote is used properly which I cant see this being used as.

Rant 2: 'Real' games
Increasingly people attack the wii saying 'get some real games', I assure you Super Mario is most definatly a real game infact its probably the most real game out there. Take a trip down memory lane, which came first Super Mario and Sonic or Halo? Infact what was the first proper 3D shooter Goldeneye or Halo? Which came first Metroid or Halo? etc. The point of Nintendo games is to take you out of reality whereas all of these other games to me seem to be doing the opposite, feeling as real as possible.

1) The wii style remote was just a rumour some guy started, Microsoft came out the next day to state their were no plans what so ever to make one.

2) I quite enjoy playing on my Wii, well my mums Wii. It's nice mixing GTA IV, COD4 and then playing tennis etc. :)

Neil
12-05-2008, 05:32 PM
DPads, Analogue sticks, Shoulder buttons the list is endless, all of these Nintendo invented. Microsoft just copy, copy, copy and I'm not just talking about games here. Even Sony dont rip as bad as Microsoft

DPads - First DPad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microvision) (Not exactly how we have them now but it's still a DPad)
Analogue Sticks - First console to use analog sticks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_5200)
Shoulder Buttons - First shoulder buttons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_5200)

None of those are Nintendo consoles all of those were before any Nintendo console used it, they did not invent them

Microsoft don't just copy, they use the same features for a reason, they all work, they're traditional game controls, no one needs to be inovative, games are still fun with a standard controller, to be honest if you list all the things Microsoft "copied" PS3 and Wii will have the exact same list :rolleyes:

Klydo
12-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Actually I have GTA 3, VC and SA personally. None of them intrest me I consider them overhyped and considering alot of people have being say GTA IV is a letdown I don't really want it.

Thats exactly my point Nintendo is the only one that bothers too innovate. DPads, Analogue sticks, Shoulder buttons the list is endless, all of these Nintendo invented. Microsoft just copy, copy, copy and I'm not just talking about games here. Even Sony dont rip as bad as Microsoft, Microsofts concept art could easily be mistaken for a Wiimote.

The only game I want on 360 is Banjo 3 but looking at the screenshots that have been leaked with huge vehicles and dull levels its not really the Banjo I know and love. Ah well the offical Banjo info day is tommorow where they will give the first real information about Banjo 3 and maybe officially announce the Xmote.
No I think you'll find PS3 and Xbox have a setup which people are comfortable with an know. My level of abilities between games which are available on Wii and on PS3 is much much much greater on a PS3 as the controllers are better and I've used them for most of my gaming life.

The Wii is basically like all the crappy little consoles you get for kids out of Argos for like £50 which use positioning and sensors.

If someone was to entirely change how a car was driven into using sensors instead of a steering wheel I think you'll find it would fail. That's the exact same case here, the Wii sure did sell however once you have it, it's really only for occassions or when you have friends over to have a laugh. That spells it all out, the Wii is a laughable console.

Frodo13.
12-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I must agree tbh. I can't see myself playing a Wii on my Todd.

MrPinkPanther
12-05-2008, 07:10 PM
No I think you'll find PS3 and Xbox have a setup which people are comfortable with an know. My level of abilities between games which are available on Wii and on PS3 is much much much greater on a PS3 as the controllers are better and I've used them for most of my gaming life.

The Wii is basically like all the crappy little consoles you get for kids out of Argos for like £50 which use positioning and sensors.

If someone was to entirely change how a car was driven into using sensors instead of a steering wheel I think you'll find it would fail. That's the exact same case here, the Wii sure did sell however once you have it, it's really only for occassions or when you have friends over to have a laugh. That spells it all out, the Wii is a laughable console.
I fail to see how the Wii is laughable. Yes it has party games like Warioware, thats a good thing considering the eyetoy was one of the most popular PS2 games. But it also has games with depth like Twilight princess and Metroid. Finally it has the downright fun games like Mario kart, Super Smash Bros and Super Mario galaxy. I have a PC, if I wanted COD 3, Gears of war or Bioshock I would buy them on that but if Im totally honest I dont really have any intrest in them. I had an Xbox and a PS2 the only games I ever played on them were: MGS 2/3, Fable and Halo, none of them were exclusive and out of those 3 I would say the only one that I would rank in my top 10 games was Fable. My top 10 games are mainly N64 ones with a few PC and Wii ones and obviously Fable.

The only games I was on non wii consoles are:
MGS 4 because of the size of it it will be exclusive for along time.
Banjo Kazooie because I rape it although it will probably eventually come out on PC I cant wait any will probably buy a 360 just for it.

At the end of the day playing games is all down to personal preference. But the amount of times I will be in a SSBB or an MK thread with people posting omg get some real games in unbelievable, Nintendo games are as 'real' as any if not more so. The other thing I was getting at is the Xmote, its a clear rippoff I would try and compare it to Nintendo ripping something off the Xbox but theres not anything original about it so I cant compare, it litterally is the Xbox 2.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!