PDA

View Full Version : RROD HELP!!!

Alan_Carr
12-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I turned ma xbox on and it had ONE red ring, what does this mean?

Mario
12-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I turned ma xbox on and it had ONE red ring, what does this mean?

which section is it? the lower left one, if so:

1.Turn off the console, disconnect and reconnect all cables, and then turn the console back on.

2.Turn off the console, and then disconnect any connected accessories, such as controllers, Xbox 360 Memory Units, and the Xbox 360 Hard Drive. With these accessories removed, restart the console to see whether the problem persists and to pinpoint whether it is the console or an accessory.

3.If you continue to experience this problem, contact Xbox Customer Service.

Alan_Carr
12-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Its in the bottom corner yes, and it says on the screen when it comes up with the error thing, at the bottom it says..

" E 74 " Error 74 i take it?
Do i have to send it bk?

Coheed&Cambria
12-05-2008, 05:04 PM
I feel sorry for you - You have to put up with microsofts "amazing" customer service. Good luck lol

Mattster
12-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Happeneed to me, found out the plug at the back wasnt plugged in propley worked after that though

Minstrels
12-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Check your plugs etc, it doesn't sound like it's been fried...
However Greg it is your turn... first it was Adam then it was me, after me it was Scott and now it's you. All in order when we brought them. :P

Alan_Carr
12-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Lol, rang em up and was speaking to some chinese bloke for about 20 minutes, basically telling me to send it off etc, and that hes gna send me labels to print off and put on the box to send it away in, said to me id get it in about 2-3 weeks, oh well, **** happens.

Mario
12-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Lol, rang em up and was speaking to some chinese bloke for about 20 minutes, basically telling me to send it off etc, and that hes gna send me labels to print off and put on the box to send it away in, said to me id get it in about 2-3 weeks, oh well, **** happens.
at least you wont have to buy a new one, although microsoft should really start making the consoles so they cant break, may i ask when you bought yours?

Alan_Carr
12-05-2008, 05:19 PM
at least you wont have to buy a new one, although microsoft should really start making the consoles so they cant break, may i ask when you bought yours?

Bought mine last year on my birthday ( 21st april ) , so had it just over a year mate.

Mario
12-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Bought mine last year on my birthday ( 21st april ) , so had it just over a year mate.
and its worked fine uptil now?

Wootzeh
12-05-2008, 05:53 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907535/?sd=xbox

Alan_Carr
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
and its worked fine uptil now?

Well, the console hasnt been accepting 80% of my discs around 60-70% of the time, which means its dying apparently. Its bleeped once before, so yeah, i was expecting this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907535/?sd=xbox

Whats that supposed to be mate?
Ive done them steps, but thanks for tryna help :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!