PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Rare

MrPinkPanther
13-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Banjo Kazooie trailers just been launched, I applaud Rare for ruining one of the best games franchises ever. It used to be like Super Mario but better but now its on 360 they feel they have to add all these vehicles and make massive levels, well done. I know Im judging it too early on but looking at that trailer its nothing like the old Banjo Kazooie and judging by Rares recent record.....Well I can only hope it gets better.
http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/05/13/first-banjo-trailer/

Neil
13-05-2008, 04:04 PM
So because they made it bigger and added vehicles they've ruined it? It looks perfectly fine, they probably would of done the same with with the older games if the N64 was more powerful, now they can do more so they are doing more, it looks really good, not ruined but improved

MrPinkPanther
13-05-2008, 04:09 PM
The vehicles completely defeat the point of the game, its a platformer. In the game now you collect parts using vehicles so you can build more vehicles. What happened to those creative and imaginitive worlds? All we have now is bland boring city areas.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/15334/banjo-kazooie-3/images/banjo-kazooie-3-20080508030640470.html

Breakfloor
13-05-2008, 04:10 PM
i hated banjo kazooie

c[__]
13-05-2008, 04:16 PM
I might buy this as I still own the original one for N64 and I love it, but I do agree that the vehicles will ruin it a little.

Minstrels
13-05-2008, 04:25 PM
I am so buying it when it comes out! :D

Agent 47
13-05-2008, 04:25 PM
*sigh* I wish rare would hurry up and re-make Goldeneye.

Neil
13-05-2008, 04:38 PM
The vehicles completely defeat the point of the game, its a platformer. In the game now you collect parts using vehicles so you can build more vehicles. What happened to those creative and imaginitive worlds? All we have now is bland boring city areas.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/15334/banjo-kazooie-3/images/banjo-kazooie-3-20080508030640470.html

So what? :S It doesn't have to stay the same, as long as it's still fun it doesn't matter

MrPinkPanther
13-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Its like there being a Halo 4 and it being a racing game actually its worse than that as an Adventure game is even futher away from a Driving game than an FPS is.

Neil
13-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Its like there being a Halo 4 and it being a racing game actually its worse than that as an Adventure game is even futher away from a Driving game than an FPS is.

It's a new game, if they want to change it they can, if you don't like it then don't buy it, I'll be buying it still

yido
13-05-2008, 09:15 PM
was good on n64 collecting puzzles

Simmzay
14-05-2008, 12:11 AM
This was Rare's last chance of redemption and they screwed it up. I was anticipating some real platforming (similar to Mario Galaxy) and it's going in a completely different direction. But, I still think the building process of these vehicles looks pretty awesome.

GhostFace-
14-05-2008, 01:15 AM
never buy that on 360 wii maybe but not 360

Pyroka
14-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Ew... No. I might just go and play the original Banjo & Kazooie which I have lying around somewhere, compared to that crap tbh. Oh well, poor Rare. Now if they make a new Perfect Dark, they MAY be able to gain some respect yet.

Simmzay
14-05-2008, 01:46 AM
Oh I forgot about Viva Pinata, that's actually really solid. Rare redeemed itself already. Perfect Dark already had its sequel by the way.

MrPinkPanther
14-05-2008, 02:43 PM
VP is Rares only good game in the last 6 years, whats wrong with them? They created classics like Goldeneye, Donkey kong 64 and Banjo kazooie. They even managed to screw up re-releases of Conkers bad fur day and Diddy kong racing. I am actually really dissapointed.

Neil
14-05-2008, 02:58 PM
VP is Rares only good game in the last 6 years, whats wrong with them? They created classics like Goldeneye, Donkey kong 64 and Banjo kazooie. They even managed to screw up re-releases of Conkers bad fur day and Diddy kong racing. I am actually really dissapointed.

VP is rubbish

Goldeneye is rubbish aswell, this isn't 1994 or something, stop living in the past and deal with it, games change for better and for worse, if you don't like it then just don't play the game, I think it looks good, Perfect Dark Zero was a pretty good game aswell to be honest >.<

MrPinkPanther
14-05-2008, 04:21 PM
VP is rubbish

Goldeneye is rubbish aswell, this isn't 1994 or something, stop living in the past and deal with it, games change for better and for worse, if you don't like it then just don't play the game, I think it looks good, Perfect Dark Zero was a pretty good game aswell to be honest >.<
Am I not aloud to have an opinion? Im sure you've commented on previews of GTA before it came out?

Have you ever played goldeneye? Not only was it an amazing game but it defined the FPS genre. I'm not 'living in the past' Im comparing it to the critically acclaimed games Rare produced 7-8 years ago to the ones they are producing now. Infact the games Im comparing it too are only around 7-10 years old which as far as games go isnt very far atall. Its like comparing a Halo spinnoff in 2 years time with the first Halo, whats wrong with that?

Neil
14-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Am I not aloud to have an opinion? Im sure you've commented on previews of GTA before it came out?

Have you ever played goldeneye? Not only was it an amazing game but it defined the FPS genre. I'm not 'living in the past' Im comparing it to the critically acclaimed games Rare produced 7-8 years ago to the ones they are producing now. Infact the games Im comparing it too are only around 7-10 years old which as far as games go isnt very far atall. Its like comparing a Halo spinnoff in 2 years time with the first Halo, whats wrong with that?

You're allowed to say "I think it'll be worse than the other Banjo games" or something not "VP is Rares only good game in the last 6 years, whats wrong with them?" - That is saying Rare haven't made a decent game, that's not putting it as an opinion that's saying it as if it's fact

Yes I have played Goldeneye, I have it aswell, it is a rubbish game, if anything defined the FPS genre then it was DOOM, not Goldeneye

Don't compared Banjo 3 to the old games because you haven't even played it, you don't know what the game is like, you can't say anything about the game until you have actually played it, the trailer tells you very little about the game itself, all the did was introduce two new things, vehicles and large maps, just because one trailer shows those 2 things it doesn't mean it wont include the platforming you enjoyed in the original games

I did comment on GTA previews but I didn't sit and say "this will be the best game ever" or "Rockstar have never made a game this good", I said the trailers looked good, like this trailer looks good, I didn't comment on the game but what the trailer shows, since I knew alot more about GTA4 than anyone does about Banjo 3 you can't say you think it's ruined just because of one trailer, massives amounts of info hasn't been released so at the moment we have a few screenshots and a video of a bit of gameplay

Pazza
14-05-2008, 08:23 PM
That looks pretty cool.

I love the building vehicle parts, like a V-Lego :P

MrPinkPanther
14-05-2008, 09:24 PM
You're allowed to say "I think it'll be worse than the other Banjo games" or something not "VP is Rares only good game in the last 6 years, whats wrong with them?" - That is saying Rare haven't made a decent game, that's not putting it as an opinion that's saying it as if it's fact

It is a rubbish game
Just like you do?

Neil
14-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Just like you do?

No because that's my opinion, personally I don't see how people can say it's one of the best FPS games because I thought it was a pile of rubbish

Zak
14-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Rare is just down the road from where I live..and when they were aquired by Microsoft, their games just went down the pen.

Although i'm a huge fan of Nintendo, so I liked Banjo Kazooie, Tooie.. Perfect Dark.. Diddy Kong Racing! all on the n64 :D

Simmzay
15-05-2008, 03:24 AM
VP isn't rubbish, trolls.

Neil
15-05-2008, 11:17 AM
VP isn't rubbish, trolls.

Do you even know what a troll is?
I think VP is rubbish, I think it's a waste of time and boring as hell, it has no purpose what-so-ever, just because I don't like it doesn't mean I'm a troll, since that isn't even what a troll is :rolleyes:

Simmzay
15-05-2008, 04:50 PM
A troll is someone with the intent to incite, who offers no extension to their vague remark on purpose. There was nothing valid nor any indication to it's objectivity. Ta.

Neil
15-05-2008, 05:00 PM
A troll is someone with the intent to incite, who offers no extension to their vague remark on purpose. There was nothing valid nor any indication to it's objectivity. Ta.

So how was I being a troll? :rolleyes:

I don't like the game, I think the game is rubbish, I don't have to justify why I think it's rubbish to anyone so how does it make me a troll? :rolleyes:

Simmzay
15-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I've already elaborated on that point. Read my previous post. And yes it does make you a troll by definition. Jeez.

Neil
15-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I've already elaborated on that point. Read my previous post. And yes it does make you a troll by definition. Jeez.

And that's exactly the sort of post I was expecting, you have no idea what you're talking about >.<

I don't like VP, I already stated I don't like it because it's boring and a waste of time, that doesn't make me a troll, if anyone is a troll it's you

Simmzay
15-05-2008, 05:11 PM
And that's exactly the sort of post I was expecting, you have no idea what you're talking about >.<

So you were expecting a reasoned response, righteo then. Your original post is deemed as trolling, disregarding the intent which we cannot distinguish. Is this too difficult to undertstand?

I don't like VP, I already stated I don't like it because it's boring and a waste of time, that doesn't make me a troll, if anyone is a troll it's you
No there wasn't any valid reasoning to the original post, hence my immediate response. That was the problem, the same problem you're making a big deal out of. Yeah I'm a troll, great comeback.

Neil
15-05-2008, 05:15 PM
So you were expecting a reasoned response, righteo then. Your original post is deemed as trolling, disregarding the intent which we cannot dstinguish. Is this too difficult to undertstand?

No there wasn't any valid reasoning to the original post, hence my immediate response. That was the problem, the same problem you're making a big deal out of. Yeah I'm a troll, great comeback.

My original response was an opinion, an opinion doesn't count as "trolling", if you have a problem with an opinion then you're in the wrong place
I don't have to say why I think a game is rubbish, I've played it long enough to know if I think it's rubbish or not so it's not down to "it's got bad graphics" "It's for babys" or whatever you was probably thinking, I just think it's a bad game

And there was no valid reasoning to your original post, you called me a troll for posting my opinion, which does make you a troll, so yes it's the right comeback to use

Simmzay
15-05-2008, 05:22 PM
My original response was an opinion, an opinion doesn't count as "trolling", if you have a problem with an opinion then you're in the wrong place
The trolling part can be left upto interpretation. An opinion can be perceived as trolling, no? Wouldn't that be my opinion which I am therefore entitled to?

I don't have to say why I think a game is rubbish, I've played it long enough to know if I think it's rubbish or not so it's not down to "it's got bad graphics" "It's for babys" or whatever you was probably thinking, I just think it's a bad game
I'm sorry for having this negative attitude where I naturally expect a vague remark not to have a serious, reasoned argument as its foundation. I truly made a miscalculation!

And there was no valid reasoning to your original post, you called me a troll for posting my opinion, which does make you a troll, so yes it's the right comeback to use
I called you a troll for an unfounded opinion. Big difference!

Niall!
15-05-2008, 05:30 PM
never buy that on 360 wii maybe but not 360

:S
Why not on the 360. What's the difference? :S

And to Simmzy or w/e, those games were in THE PAST. This is THE PRESENT. They can't just keep copying old games, or the gaming industry would die.

Simmzay
15-05-2008, 05:32 PM
:S
Why not on the 360. What's the difference? :S

And to Simmzy or w/e, those games were in THE PAST. This is THE PRESENT. They can't just keep copying old games, or the gaming industry would die.
I just wanted it to remain in the same genre man. It's transformed from a platformer to a vehicle builder.

Niall!
15-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I just wanted it to remain in the same genre man. It's transformed from a platformer to a vehicle builder.

So? All games need change or else they'd become boring.

Simmzay
15-05-2008, 06:00 PM
So? All games need change or else they'd become boring.
I'm still going to play it, happy? I can't help but want Banjo to be a platformer. It won't make me enjoy the game any less.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!