PDA

View Full Version : New Surround Sound

DJ-Vimto
13-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Even though I already have a surround sound system for my room, I'm thinking about getting a new one, and letting my mum have the one I have got now.

pic is below

http://www.logitech.com/repository/335/jpg/2411.1.0.jpg

Clicky (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/224&cl=gb,en) for more info =)

Recursion
13-05-2008, 04:45 PM
one of the best surround kits out! :P Go for it!

shizzle
13-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Looks cool!

Johno
13-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Hey,

That is a seriously hot piece of kit! ;]

.:; Johno

DJ-Vimto
13-05-2008, 05:11 PM
i looked carefully at the specs, and its far better than what ive got now

the one ive got now is the Z-5400 which is another logitech product, but the sub is weird, it sounds different when you position it differently, but anyway, its 310W RMS, that one i might be getting is 505W RMS...a big difference and its only gonna cost £80 more

N!ck
13-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Go for the z-5500s. One of the best PC-surround sounds you can get. I've read some reviews saying they're not as loud as expected, but they sound very good all the way up to max with no distortion. The sub is a beast btw. Also, remember you need around 10 times the power for approximately twice the percieved loudness.

DaveTaylor
13-05-2008, 09:01 PM
I have them, want me to show you the setup ?

Jamieb
13-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Nice.....I guess?

Stephen!
13-05-2008, 09:11 PM
If they are going to be for your PC, it would be a waste not to get an expensive soundcard.

13-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Wow!
GBP 279.99!!
Wish i had that amount to spend on this piece of hawtness.
When you get sick of this new one and upgrade you may donate :P He He. :D

GhostFace-
14-05-2008, 01:33 AM
280 not a bad price.

id probally get one

Metric1
14-05-2008, 01:45 AM
http://www.couponsteal.com/2goodspeaker.jpg

Work great for me!

DJ-Vimto
14-05-2008, 04:04 AM
I have them, want me to show you the setup ?

sure

If they are going to be for your PC, it would be a waste not to get an expensive soundcard.

im gonna be using it with my laptop & tv, and theres nothing wrong with the soundcard in my laptop. the price of something doesnt determine how good or bad it is, thats what the spec's are for

Recursion
14-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Crappy soundcards make music etc... sound crappy :/

Minstrels
14-05-2008, 06:53 AM
ooo check Paul out! Going to be pumping out your bollywood music? Or will you be watching Manchester Citys tour on fall blast? They're veryyyy nice, so how many bags of weed have you had to sell? :eusa_clap

N!ck
14-05-2008, 07:55 AM
sure

im gonna be using it with my laptop & tv, and theres nothing wrong with the soundcard in my laptop. the price of something doesnt determine how good or bad it is, thats what the spec's are for

If something's made out of cardboard and tinfoil but has good specs des that mean it's good then?

Crappy soundcards make music etc... sound crappy :/

Yeah, it would be better if he got a new soundcard for his laptop. I use the integrated on in my laptop at the moment and it doesn't sound to bad, but i'm on Logitech X-540s at the moment. If I upgraded to something like the Z-5500s i reckon i'd notice it majorly. You can get laptop soundcards but the're slightly more expensive and you have less choice. Alternatively you can get external sound cards which connect via USB.

DJ-Vimto
15-05-2008, 01:02 PM
If something's made out of cardboard and tinfoil but has good specs des that mean it's good then?

Looks arent everything. As long as it does what its supposed to then why should we care what it looks like?

Yeah, it would be better if he got a new soundcard for his laptop. I use the integrated on in my laptop at the moment and it doesn't sound to bad, but i'm on Logitech X-540s at the moment. If I upgraded to something like the Z-5500s i reckon i'd notice it majorly. You can get laptop soundcards but the're slightly more expensive and you have less choice. Alternatively you can get external sound cards which connect via USB.

As I've said previously, there is nothing wrong with the soundcard I have now...and I don't really intend on going out of my way to buy a new one. The laptop I've got is only a few months old and everything in it is relatively new and up to date.

N!ck
15-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Looks arent everything. As long as it does what its supposed to then why should we care what it looks like?

What i mean is it may have good specs but actually be bad and fall apart, not how it looks.

As I've said previously, there is nothing wrong with the soundcard I have now...and I don't really intend on going out of my way to buy a new one. The laptop I've got is only a few months old and everything in it is relatively new and up to date.

Doesn't matter how new it is, integrated sound cards are nothing compared to proper ones.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!