PDA

View Full Version : designing a user-system

Ailo Gaup
13-05-2008, 08:16 PM
with a friend.
i want it to be a SOCIAL NETWORKING user-system like basic profiles etc.
any ideas

Thread Closed by brandon (Forum Moderator): To prevent further arguments

Source
14-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Are you talking about a social network like, for example, myspace? If so don't even bother trying to enter the market unless you have a USP (Unique selling point). You need something different that is going to get users to come to you, whether it be a certain event or feature.

Sorry to say this, but no-matter what you think of in terms of social networking the chances are someone else has already though of it and is working on it. Thats how the internet goes these days.

Dentafrice
14-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Seriously, what is with all this?

"Help me mak sozial netwrk site plzzz!!!" "know ne good names and ideas!?"

Yeah.. just post "unique" ideas over a forum with like 70 people making Social Networks sites, after Klydo started.

You're not going to get anywhere.

A user-system is built into a site. Not a site built into a user-system, that is what people always think. Integration.. a big key point..

Hypertext
14-05-2008, 03:00 AM
I recall myBobba was before you, as was flux.

Dentafrice
14-05-2008, 11:31 AM
As was MySpot. - Invent, which had a totally different idea then a normal Social Networking site.

myBobba.. Greg made that.

Supersam
14-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Hmmm...

Im sure the post asked for help with making a SN usersytem... not if anyone has comments on whether its a good idea.

For all anyone else knows they may just be keen on how to make one so they can put something LIKE it onto their site.

It would be nice if people just posted if they could help, not if they cant help but want to pitch in with "Ye dis will fail tho soz"

Hypertext
14-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Probbaly not a good idea due to the amount. But it'll be a good experience for you so go ahead. Dentafrice, I'm pretty sure myBobba and flux were before you.

DUB
14-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm pretty sure myBobba and flux were before you.

MyBobba was owned by Greg, and you can't really compare it to a SNS.

Hypertext
14-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Oh yeh dur. Flux then. It just is a bit annoying for him to say he was the first.

It's like he's protecting it. :rolleyes:

DUB
14-05-2008, 01:15 PM
I suppose so, but even then you never know when either of them started work. The majority of sites nowadays are social network related.

Hypertext
14-05-2008, 08:16 PM
web 1.0 -> web 2.0.

...they're going to.

Joshuae
14-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh yeh dur. Flux then. It just is a bit annoying for him to say he was the first.

Actually, from what I know, Klydo was long in the planning before Flux =].

You can't exactly define a site as web 2.0 as it's a myth, it's true definition lacks the right resources.
Hence, why a lot of people get flamed for declaring "web 2.0"

Hypertext
14-05-2008, 08:25 PM
The other day you said I'm mistaking you with the wrong josh, now your Joshua evans. And btw you ripped the 1's from urtut. [READ THIS BEFORE REPLYING]If you designed it or have some excuse thats plausable, don't reply back with a snappy insult..just explain.

Joshuae
14-05-2008, 08:32 PM

The other day you said I'm mistaking you with the wrong josh, now your Joshua evans. And btw you ripped the 1's from urtut. [READ THIS BEFORE REPLYING]If you designed it or have some excuse thats plausable, don't reply back with a snappy insult..just explain.

There can be more than one Joshua Evans, in the world, and seemsing it's a free font, with over 500,000 downloads, just happens to make it impossible for me to use?

Hypertext
14-05-2008, 09:07 PM
There can be two Joshua evans, but seriously.. 2 joshua evans with egotistical personalities that are crap gfx designers? i think not.

Dentafrice
14-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Probbaly not a good idea due to the amount. But it'll be a good experience for you so go ahead. Dentafrice, I'm pretty sure myBobba and flux were before you.

myBobba was owned by Greg, so you can't compare anything to that.. it is the same concept.

I'm not sure about Flux, that was started in '08 or late '07 by Simon. MySpot was before that.

Actually, from what I know, Klydo was long in the planning before Flux =].

You can't exactly define a site as web 2.0 as it's a myth, it's true definition lacks the right resources.
Hence, why a lot of people get flamed for declaring "web 2.0"

Klydo was before Flux, unless Flux was started in June/July of '07. NCX was still before that.

You don't have anywhere to stand with ripping, he doesn't have to explain anything.. or he could just reply with "I was testing your divs."

Joshuae
15-05-2008, 04:50 PM
There can be two Joshua evans, but seriously.. 2 joshua evans with egotistical personalities that are crap gfx designers? i think not.

Wow, you said "without" insults, so you insult me randomly, you really are some what of an idiot? I haven't got an egotistical problem,

1.pertaining to or characterized by egotism. 2.given to talking about oneself; vain; boastful; opinionated. 3.indifferent to the well-being of others; selfish.
I do not, boast or act vain, I am not selfish :S
Sheesh, now I DO understand why people hate this forum,
and as far as the "Crap GFX Designers" Have you seen any of my recent designs? And, from what I know of you aren't the greatest, and as Caleb suggested then.

Go test some divs

myBobba was owned by Greg, so you can't compare anything to that.. it is the same concept.

I'm not sure about Flux, that was started in '08 or late '07 by Simon. MySpot was before that.

Klydo was before Flux, unless Flux was started in June/July of '07. NCX was still before that.

You don't have anywhere to stand with ripping, he doesn't have to explain anything.. or he could just reply with "I was testing your divs."

Well, there we have it, Klydo was before Flux.
& thanks for your defence for me. ^^

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other members.

L?KE
15-05-2008, 04:56 PM

He didn't rip them, it's a font? rofl

Hypertext
15-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Greg posted Klydo's domain in december '07... to sell. so maybe by kurby/kurbed with your big flash "team"..

Joshuae
15-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Greg posted Klydo's domain in december '07... to sell. so maybe by kurby/kurbed with your big flash "team"..

Dude, what is your point? Just leave honestely.

Hypertext
15-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm leaving this topic. (:

Joshuae
15-05-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm leaving this topic. (:

Good. :S

:Edzy
15-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Are you talking about a social network like, for example, myspace? If so don't even bother trying to enter the market unless you have a USP (Unique selling point). You need something different that is going to get users to come to you, whether it be a certain event or feature.

Sorry to say this, but no-matter what you think of in terms of social networking the chances are someone else has already though of it and is working on it. Thats how the internet goes these days.

I agree and disagree, whats the difference between myspace and bebo?

its mostly within advertisment. USP helps a bit only in the sense that it would be chosen over the other.

Youthz
15-05-2008, 09:47 PM
nick bebos source files :rolleyes:

Dentafrice
15-05-2008, 10:28 PM

You seriously fail at insults, I mean.. why do you even try?

I never once said we had a big flash team, but we did have a few flash developers working for us.

Kurby/Kurbed is the same thing as Klydo, same system, with a different name, different branding.

Get your facts straight and quit trying to be a little "know-it-all", when you can't pull it off.

Joshuae
16-05-2008, 02:27 PM
You seriously fail at insults, I mean.. why do you even try?

I never once said we had a big flash team, but we did have a few flash developers working for us.

Kurby/Kurbed is the same thing as Klydo, same system, with a different name, different branding.

Get your facts straight and quit trying to be a little "know-it-all", when you can't pull it off.

Best way to put it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!