PDA

View Full Version : lovely idea towards someone!

today
14-05-2008, 08:28 PM
alright considering two sexy noobs changed the topic i'll go with them.

Feedback forum = new spam forum.

No staff ever reply (senior) hardly.

so why have it?

msb.
14-05-2008, 08:29 PM
I have a good idea for this forum.

Disable Msb's permissions to view Feedback forums as hes constally sucking up and creating/provoking fights.

Who agree's? :eusa_whis
A difference between sucking up and agreeing, this thread is targeted at me, I disagree.

Aflux
14-05-2008, 08:30 PM
I'd just get rid of the feedback forum because the staff take no notice.

today
14-05-2008, 08:31 PM
A difference between sucking up and agreeing, this thread is targeted at me, I disagree.
Point being?

Fine lets move it to complaints and make it official :rolleyes:

I'd just get rid of the feedback forum because the staff take no notice.lol

samsaBEAR
14-05-2008, 08:32 PM
the feedback forum is a nice idea, it just would be nice if the staff replied every now and then

msb.
14-05-2008, 08:35 PM
the feedback forum is a nice idea, it just would be nice if the staff replied every now and then
Sorry I am going to disagree with you as well staff do reply to it, forum mods etc... lol, erm or do you mean something else?

Point being?

Fine lets move it to complaints and make it official :rolleyes:

lol
If you really want to, this thread has no forum feedback, it is targeted at me, hoping that loads would agree and it is an EPIC FAIL, I feel sorry for you now

today
14-05-2008, 08:35 PM
meh, orginal post changed (:

Sorry I am going to disagree with you as well staff do reply to it, forum mods etc... lol, erm or do you mean something else?

If you really want to, this thread has no forum feedback, it is targeted at me, hoping that loads would agree and it is an EPIC FAIL, I feel sorry for you now

Sorry? Feel sorry for me? Please dont, i dont even want to hear your lame excuses anymore.

Wootzeh
14-05-2008, 08:38 PM
get rid of feedback forum!!!

msb.
14-05-2008, 08:41 PM
meh, orginal post changed (:

Sorry? Feel sorry for me? Please dont, i dont even want to hear your lame excuses anymore.
I am glad u listened to my advice, this thread aimed @ me, was a fail waiting to be said.

Nemo
14-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Staff are ignorant to our views. They try and counter all of our points so that its our fault, or so they don't look bad. But they fail at that. It's like nail has gotten to the staff :O

today
14-05-2008, 08:44 PM
I am glad u listened to my advice, this thread aimed @ me, was a fail waiting to be said.
i didnt change it for you?
I changed it as the other posts had a good point :rolleyes: They come before you.

Staff are ignorant to our views. They try and counter all of our points so that its our fault, or so they don't look bad. But they fail at that. It's like nail has gotten to the staff :O
tru

brandon
14-05-2008, 08:53 PM
How can you call it the 'new spam forum'..
It has post counts enabled! :S

In all seriousness, I believe they read a lot of these threads but don't reply. :)

today
14-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Then why bother having the forum if they dont actually reply to tell us its good or bad.

The only one i see who does is Imm.

Immenseman
14-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I personally find a lot of the feedback doesn't actually need a comment from me because someone usually comes up with exactly the same point that I would. This forum is good for debate and I have no doubt that if 5 ideas per day came up from this forum that would actually be beneficial to the majority of the community then they would be implemented.

today
14-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I personally find a lot of the feedback doesn't actually need a comment from me because someone usually comes up with exactly the same point that I would. This forum is good for debate and I have no doubt that if 5 ideas per day came up from this forum that would actually be beneficial to the majority of the community then they would be implemented.
The thing is you reply telling us oh i dont feel its goud due to xxxx.

No one else does really.

Immenseman
14-05-2008, 09:05 PM
The thing is you reply telling us oh i dont feel its goud due to xxxx.

No one else does really.

I'm sure they still view the threads. Maybe the point they were going to bring into the thread had already been mentioned by another user.

msb.
14-05-2008, 09:14 PM
i didnt change it for you?
I changed it as the other posts had a good point :rolleyes: They come before you.

tru
MORE LIKE U DIDN'T WANT MODS TO SEE

In all seriousness, I believe they read a lot of these threads but don't reply. :)
hey brandon :), can I ask what ur talking about the spam bit :p?

today
14-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm sure they still view the threads. Maybe the point they were going to bring into the thread had already been mentioned by another user.
Still, its nice to see them reply even if its just no.
At least we know they do actually read the threads.

MORE LIKE U DIDN'T WANT MODS TO SEE

hey brandon :), can I ask what ur talking about the spam bit :p?

Sorry? No. You quoted my post remember thus giving it "proof" still and i still rather have you friggen banned. :rolleyes:

msb.
14-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Sorry? No. You quoted my post remember thus giving it "proof" still and i still rather have you friggen banned. :rolleyes:
Sorry but looks like I am here for ages... unless I don't like the result in my leaving thread....

As for the banned, I obey the rules on here, thats all I need.
Give me 1 reason that I do against the rules on this forum? B4 u say spam, links pls, as it was either u or sum1 else that said I "spam/flood"

Immenseman
14-05-2008, 09:19 PM

I can assure you they do read the threads however a reply isn't always needed. :)

today
14-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Sorry but looks like I am here for ages... unless I don't like the result in my leaving thread....

As for the banned, I obey the rules on here, thats all I need.
Give me 1 reason that I do against the rules on this forum? B4 u say spam, links pls, as it was either u or sum1 else that said I "spam/flood"
Get out more.

I can assure you they do read the threads however a reply isn't always needed. :)
I'm not being against you, but we don't know do we? Its all words. :P

Hiro
14-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Meh. Just keep it.
I'm sure some good will end up coming out of it, in a year or two.

Immenseman
14-05-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm not being against you, but we don't know do we? Its all words. :P
Just have to take my word for it! :D

msb.
14-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Get out more.
See, lol, people judge me for the wrong reasons, I want proof? If your going to say comments about me atleast provide proof?

Smiddy
14-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I'd like to say that nvrspk4 does a good job at replying to a majority of the stupid threads which are posted in here; and of course he's going to try and counter them, he's an honest man :S if he feels an area could be improved, he'll not only agree with it, but he'll try to develop it further.

I don't believe there should be a deployment of the feedback forum, just a deterence instead, most of the issues I've seen recently are stuff which should be contacted via PM. (if MAD's not available, you PM Sierk or Nvrspk4 or Immenseman - it's not that difficult!)

The amount of duplicate threads that occur, surely that shows you the management are paying attention, if it's being moved to a more senior forum? I know when I was AGM I kept up with threads, when it occured. But obviously we have a newer, less patient generation - and that's not singling out any individual, it's a generalisation.

:)

msb.
14-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I'd like to say that nvrspk4 does a good job at replying to a majority of the stupid threads which are posted in here; and of course he's going to try and counter them, he's an honest man :S if he feels an area could be improved, he'll not only agree with it, but he'll try to develop it further.

I don't believe there should be a deployment of the feedback forum, just a deterence instead, most of the issues I've seen recently are stuff which should be contacted via PM. (if MAD's not available, you PM Sierk or Nvrspk4 or Immenseman - it's not that difficult!)

The amount of duplicate threads that occur, surely that shows you the management are paying attention, if it's being moved to a more senior forum? I know when I was AGM I kept up with threads, when it occured. But obviously we have a newer, less patient generation - and that's not singling out any individual, it's a generalisation.

:)
long but worth the read lol, nicely written/said...

P.s. off topic, damien is back :)

Smiddy
14-05-2008, 10:56 PM
long but worth the read lol, nicely written/said...

P.s. off topic, damien is back :)
That's a bad post for me :rolleyes_ but thanks anyway.

It just amazes me how people feel they will get results without backing it up, you can throw accusations all you want, you need the hard evidence to prove it!

nvrspk4
15-05-2008, 06:40 AM
No staff ever reply (senior) hardly.

Well thanks, Jake and I aren't Senior Staff anymore? ;)

Thank you Smiddy.

Yes, of course I could post here and be like,

"Great idea! We'll look into it immediately! Thanks for your suggestion!"

That is very easy to do. Very very easy to do. As a matter of fact its the easy way out.

First of all, you have to realize that if I posted like that

1) We would be "looking into" way too many ideas.
2) We would probably not even "look into" half the ideas.
3) We would discuss it among the AGMs and you'd have no idea why we rejected it, as I'm busy telling other people how fantastic their ideas are.
4) If you let ideas stand unchallenged they never improve. Yes, you could post something that will benefit the forum. However, by pointing out the flaws in your idea, I either allow you to make it stronger, or point out why its unfeasible. If you can work around my flaws, what I managed to do by criticising your idea is make it better. If you can't, and the flaws are significant, then I explained why it was unworkable and why it would probably get shot down anyway.

Honestly in my opinion, doing my best not to overinflate my ego, I think the people who reply reviewing and criticizing ideas care more. I could post that it was stupid, or I could post why I believed it was wrong and leave it, or I could ignore it, or I could lie to you and say, sure we'll look into it maybe it'll happen!!! Instead we debate back and forth, and the fact that we're willing to spend time writing out long posts, sorting through pages of replies, and composing replies to points should show you that we actually do care ;)

samsaBEAR
15-05-2008, 08:34 AM
the feedback forum is needed because its a nice place to tell the management how badly they run the forum sometimes.
the only AGMs i see replying are nvrspk and immenseman, which is alright because they are the two nicest ones. (brownie points for me please :D)

Plank
15-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Has anything that has been suggested in the feedback forum actually been put into practise?

GommeInc
15-05-2008, 12:46 PM

That doesn't make it a feedback forum. A feedback forum is posting ideas and suggestions, and getting written reply or some form of action by a member of management e.g. PM, an official thread on the matter etc. This isn't a feedback forum, it's a suggestion box where suggestions don't get any worth while feedback. Heck, half the time when people make suggestions and they're ignored, management threaten them with bans... Maybe if you did what it said on the tin people wouldn't complain ;)

today
15-05-2008, 01:29 PM
the feedback forum is needed because its a nice place to tell the management how badly they run the forum sometimes.
the only AGMs i see replying are nvrspk and immenseman, which is alright because they are the two nicest ones. (brownie points for me please :D)
lol shh

Well thanks, Jake and I aren't Senior Staff anymore? ;)

Thank you Smiddy.

Yes, of course I could post here and be like,

"Great idea! We'll look into it immediately! Thanks for your suggestion!"

That is very easy to do. Very very easy to do. As a matter of fact its the easy way out.

First of all, you have to realize that if I posted like that

1) We would be "looking into" way too many ideas.
2) We would probably not even "look into" half the ideas.
3) We would discuss it among the AGMs and you'd have no idea why we rejected it, as I'm busy telling other people how fantastic their ideas are.
4) If you let ideas stand unchallenged they never improve. Yes, you could post something that will benefit the forum. However, by pointing out the flaws in your idea, I either allow you to make it stronger, or point out why its unfeasible. If you can work around my flaws, what I managed to do by criticising your idea is make it better. If you can't, and the flaws are significant, then I explained why it was unworkable and why it would probably get shot down anyway.

Honestly in my opinion, doing my best not to overinflate my ego, I think the people who reply reviewing and criticizing ideas care more. I could post that it was stupid, or I could post why I believed it was wrong and leave it, or I could ignore it, or I could lie to you and say, sure we'll look into it maybe it'll happen!!! Instead we debate back and forth, and the fact that we're willing to spend time writing out long posts, sorting through pages of replies, and composing replies to points should show you that we actually do care ;)
I think i did say somewhere you and jake are the only two who actually do reply with decent posts other then "no bad idea, failed" by MAD ect.

But there is MANY decent ideas. Which still dont get added WHY? Such as the new style (ipod version) which MANY have said they want and we have provided friggen links to it yet nothing happens and its "disapproved" :rolleyes:

nvrspk4
15-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Has anything that has been suggested in the feedback forum actually been put into practise?

Yah things have come as a result of feedback, we've also had rule changes based on feedback, and the Council originated in a Feedback thread.

lol shh

I think i did say somewhere you and jake are the only two who actually do reply with decent posts other then "no bad idea, failed" by MAD ect.

But there is MANY decent ideas. Which still dont get added WHY? Such as the new style (ipod version) which MANY have said they want and we have provided friggen links to it yet nothing happens and its "disapproved" :rolleyes:

Since when was it disapproved? After we got the links we've been looking into it from a technical perspective, I posted that ;) We need to figure out how we'd do the redirect for iPhone's and the like and if the hack is safe if we want to consider using it (although we're trying to find a way to work around the hack which gives it a 10x better chance of going through.)

today
15-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Yah things have come as a result of feedback, we've also had rule changes based on feedback, and the Council originated in a Feedback thread.

Since when was it disapproved? After we got the links we've been looking into it from a technical perspective, I posted that ;) We need to figure out how we'd do the redirect for iPhone's and the like and if the hack is safe if we want to consider using it (although we're trying to find a way to work around the hack which gives it a 10x better chance of going through.)
I must of missed your post saying that then, Either way surly it doesn't that this long. I mean specially when its on vBulletin which has million of advanced coders who would spot errors and report back, thus making it more safer then any Habbox Coder could. :S

nvrspk4
15-05-2008, 10:46 PM
I must of missed your post saying that then, Either way surly it doesn't that this long. I mean specially when its on vBulletin which has million of advanced coders who would spot errors and report back, thus making it more safer then any Habbox Coder could. :S

That's what we thought about the Arcade too, we almost got exploited through it ;P

Its not so much the bugs as what you have to edit to install it. There could be bugs in anything and they won't all be found. What we look at sometimes is what we're editing, if we're simply adding something to the footer its low risk, but if we're editing tables its more dangerous. (Just an example of course...obviously this would have nothing to do with the footer.)

We're also looking into, as I said, ways to redirect it to a subdomain without a hack.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!