PDA

View Full Version : Forum Games - Make in non-post count!

Titch
15-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey,

well i think we should make forum games forum non-post count becuase all threads in there are designed just to get your post up and on this forum post counts does seem to mean something to people. when i look at post count i wanna see how many Honest posts people have posted not half of em in games forum.

Javascrypt
15-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey,

well i think we should make forum games forum non-post count becuase all threads in there are designed just to get your post up and on this forum post counts does seem to mean something to people. when i look at post count i wanna see how many Honest posts people have posted not half of em in games forum.

I agree.

Ailo Gaup
15-05-2008, 07:51 PM
It's only a bit of posts.

buttons
15-05-2008, 07:53 PM
i also agree, some people use it loads, same with the "what are you listenting to" thread it's just an excuse to get posts without people saying they are pointless. & are you sure the post count goes up?

Ailo Gaup
15-05-2008, 07:54 PM
But you have spammers like Fruit twist, 4,000 posts in less than a year.
You can't ban basically all the forums, there's always going to be pointless posts

kk.
im guessing your someone who bothers about post counts then?

its been discussed many times before and the outcome is the same

GhostFace-
dont hate because my post counts like 3x yours.

yee its been tryed before and manegment wouldnt ruin everyones post count for a few peopl

Ailo Gaup
15-05-2008, 07:55 PM
many people would get loads of post count away

buttons
15-05-2008, 07:58 PM
You can't ban basically all the forums, there's always going to be pointless posts
theres a member that's been here since 21st of march (nearly 2 months0 and he has over 1,000 posts which is pretty bad, you can't talk, you used to spam like CARAZAYYYY.

im guessing your someone who bothers about post counts then?

its been discussed many times before and the outcome is the same
lol, this is kyle, the person that steals names, of course he cares about posts!! he is like the biggest spammer of all time (be4 jesus)

yeh, exactly, by writting stupid little posts like these, you need to develop on them and stop writing so much bloody crap

---MAD---
15-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Removing post count would in the end make the whole games forum pointless and turn it into another spam forum. People use the game forum to burn time, if they want to do that, there's no need to stop them. Their reward is an increase in post count.

There will always be places people can raise their post count quickly just to name a few: games forum, welcome/leaving forums, achievements forums, music threads etc.

mat64
15-05-2008, 07:59 PM
This has been discussed before a good few times, here's a MAD quote;

Sierk and I discussed this in depth and thought about the pros and cons of keeping it and pros and cons of removing post count from the games forum.

We decided its best we keep post count going. If we remove the post count from the forum, it will not be used and if it is used, it will be spammed instead of games actually taken seriously and played as they are meant to be.

Obviously we will keep an eye on it and if anyone just spams it instead of playing the games how the game is meant to be played, they will be dealt with.

Also as usual any spam games will also be moved into the spam game.

Some people enjoy posting in that forum and the reward for them is gaining post count, I don't think it does any harm.

We realise quite a lot of people don't like this but the forum has been part of the forum for years. But we will keep an eye on it.

Nain
15-05-2008, 08:01 PM
no point. Theres always places people can increase there post count.

Titch
15-05-2008, 08:02 PM
This has been discussed before a good few times, here's a MAD quote;

well thats *Removed* as far as i see it, its just becuase u will loose 220k posts of ur stats.

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter ;).

shizzle
16-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Its called being active on the forum, plus most of my posts are not in the forum games.

Slowpoke
16-05-2008, 03:13 PM
well thats *Removed* as far as i see it, its just becuase u will loose 220k posts of ur stats.

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter ;).

Why are you so bothered? It really is just a post count, it doesn't make you special.

jackass
16-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Please stop making this thread!

It has been made loads and it WILL NOT HAPPEN!

It has already been said several times!

shizzle
16-05-2008, 03:29 PM
True, because ---MAD--- had already said that he wouldn't make it and it could might aswell go into the spam section as he mentioned.

Pyroka
16-05-2008, 06:57 PM

I care not lots, in fact you'd be sad to care. -.-

I agree with MAD that it'd be wrong to have an extra spam forum and people do go in forum games just for the post count (along with the others mentioned) sooo.. i doubt anything will change! although, if you could ever disable post counts in certain threads, that'd be cool.

uhhh, so if you dont like it then join it or ignore it basically?

buttons
16-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Please stop making this thread!

It has been made loads and it WILL NOT HAPPEN!

It has already been said several times!
LOL CHILL OUT:8

shizzle
16-05-2008, 07:11 PM
LOL CHILL OUT:8
PMSL, he told me, he wasn't in the mood tbh.

Nain
16-05-2008, 07:34 PM
fgs. please may i stop seeing this thread.... Forum games users have fun playing games, there reward is there post count to increase

this was posted by mat that he quoted from MAD

thank you, goodbye.

-Xiangu-
16-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Meh it's only a few numbers. Keep it how it is.

@xP
17-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't see the big deal with the forum games.
Post count is only a few numbers, nothing to worry about.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!