PDA

View Full Version : Which Zelda Game? :p

Zak
16-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Ok this is alot like the Mario Kart thread, which of the following Zelda games have been the best for you & the reasons why you thought it was the best.

Titles

The Legend Of Zelda - Nes
Adventure of link - Nes
A link to the past - Snes
Links Awakening - Gameboy
Ocarina of time - n64
Majoras mask - n64
Oracle of seasons/ages - Gameboy Colour
Windwaker - Gamecube
Four sword adventures - Gamecube
Minish cap - Gameboy Advance
Twilight Princess - Wii
Phantom Hourglass - Ds

Mythicisation
16-05-2008, 07:34 AM
I've played Phantom Hourglass most, but I'd have to say Twilight Princess.

Just purely because I felt I enjoyed it more than any others!

Naythi.
16-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Legend Of Zelda - Orcarina of time :)

The best game ever released for the n64/gamecube.

GommeInc
16-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Hmmm, tough one. I loved Twilight Princess, but Ocarina of Time was good too. I think I'll say Twilight Princess, it had an interesting story and got you more involved with Link :)

Simmzay
16-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Links Awakening, seriously the best 2D Zelda I've played - the best Gameboy game in my collection. After that it's Wind Waker.

buttons
16-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I quite liked the Minish cap, it's kinda hard tho sometimes & i didn't get very far on the Phantom Hourglass I just got to like getting through the north sea fog, i aint very good at these games..

Niall!
17-05-2008, 11:26 AM
The twiglight princess by far.

-Xiangu-
17-05-2008, 11:44 AM
As a lover of The Legends of Zelda series I would say Ocarina of time and Twilight Princess are both the best titles.

Zak
18-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Ocarina of time is my best, its total perfection & also my favourite game.

The whole gameplay, music, places, people.. brilliant. Took a while to complete too and for all that to be released in 1998 was amazing.

I'm also getting into hourglass, brilliant hand-held adventure. Quite challenging but not too hard, great sequel to Wind Waker.

GhostFace-
18-05-2008, 11:15 PM
twilight princess

Neversoft
18-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Wind Waker was the most enjoyable to me. :) Although it was very easy... but there was so much you could do.

Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time are close seconds, but Wind Waker is definitely my favourite.

Link's Awakening was also brilliant. As was Minish Cap, but I never got to play past the second boss on that since my game file would automatically delete. :'(

PaulMacC
18-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Ok this is alot like the Mario Kart thread, which of the following Zelda games have been the best for you & the reasons why you thought it was the best.

Titles

The Legend Of Zelda - Nes
Adventure of link - Nes
A link to the past - Snes
Links Awakening - Gameboy
Ocarina of time - n64
Majoras mask - n64
Oracle of seasons/ages - Gameboy Colour
Windwaker - Gamecube
Four sword adventures - Gamecube
Minish cap - Gameboy Advance
Twilight Princess - Wii
Phantom Hourglass - Ds
I really enjoyed A Link To The Past, I remember me and my dad spending countless hours downstairs in the living room playing it, I'd always lose since I was really young at the time, so i'd always watch him play and sometimes play myself. But it was an amazing game.
Then Ocarina of Time came along and it was brilliant.
But on December 25th 2006, I played Twilight Princess and it just hit the perfection meter, brilliant plot, gameplay everything.
There was a few other games I enjoyed, I liked the original Zelda and Windwaker but the rest I havent played or didnt like them.
In my opinion outdone Ocarina of Time by a bit.

Simmzay
19-05-2008, 05:36 AM
I'm going to buy Phantom Hourglass tommorow, it better be wortth it. ^Never liked ALTTP, was far too difficult for me.

Neil
19-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Probably a link to the past, I played it loads, never actually beat it cause it was more fun just messing about lol

Zak
20-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm going to buy Phantom Hourglass tommorow, it better be wortth it. ^Never liked ALTTP, was far too difficult for me.

It's not too hard. Quite long with a good storyline I think :P I doubt you'll be dissapointed with your purchase. :)

Hiro
20-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Legend of Zelda
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Seasons (Haha, I remember playing this 5 hours straight on my flight to the US).

Haven't really played any others, damn it, I need to find my Gameboy Colour now :K

jackass
20-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Heres me top 5, 1 being the best.

Oracle of Ages
Four Swords (the GBA one!)
Links Awakening
Phantom Hourglass
Twilight Princess

buttons
20-05-2008, 02:58 PM
It's not too hard. Quite long with a good storyline I think :P I doubt you'll be dissapointed with your purchase. :)
I disagree, I didn't get very far on it and I gave my brother a go and he didn't get far either, I thought it was quite good until that point, don't really get why it's called the phantom hourglass, it was more about the Ghost Ship and I only used the hourglass once, but then again I didn't get that far so...

SpurS
20-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Ocarina of time by far

Simmzay
21-05-2008, 11:00 AM
PH is OK thus far. The storyline is weak and I'm still adapting to the controls, but all the classic Zelda elements are there. I really enjoy the cel-shading style in both PH and WW.

Pyroka
21-05-2008, 11:09 AM
I liked Ocarina & Wind Waker, however I do wanna play Majoras mask. I've heard it's stupidly hard so I'm going to show people how to do it. :P

Neil
21-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I like how you can control your boomerang on phantom hourglass, and some of the puzzles are quite clever, like when you have to shut the DS then open it and it prints something from one side onto the other, that was pretty cool xD

jackass
21-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I liked Ocarina & Wind Waker, however I do wanna play Majoras mask. I've heard it's stupidly hard so I'm going to show people how to do it. :P

Try Oracle of Ages.

Longest storyline on any game, and it is so amazing, best Zelda game by far.

Also the last boss, you'll defiantly struggle with!

Simmzay
21-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Stone Temple in MM is outrageously difficult. I've only played one of the Oracle games, I think once you beat both you get an extra segment or two.

Zak
30-05-2008, 12:59 AM
I disagree, I didn't get very far on it and I gave my brother a go and he didn't get far either, I thought it was quite good until that point, don't really get why it's called the phantom hourglass, it was more about the Ghost Ship and I only used the hourglass once, but then again I didn't get that far so...

http://www.mycheats.com/view/superguide/6132/the_legend_of_zelda__phantom_hourglass/nintendo_ds

Great guide, maybe what you're looking for?

You could try and complete it now :P I've used the Hourglass around 4 times and I'm on the last few sections.

Simmzay
30-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I've stopped playing the game at the moment. I beat the Ghost Ship and I had to return AGAIN to the Ocean King temple and it's just frustrating. I'm sure I'll complete it some day.

Zak
30-05-2008, 01:47 PM
I've stopped playing the game at the moment. I beat the Ghost Ship and I had to return AGAIN to the Ocean King temple and it's just frustrating. I'm sure I'll complete it some day.

The temple this time around is quite difficult, I tryed it twice and the time ran out and I died??? lol

So I did the whole thing again and I had like 3 mins to spare xD

I've just reached the Isle of Frost

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!