PDA

View Full Version : Free Host Needed

Klydo
16-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm in need of a web host where I can register for a free account but also use my purchased domain. As I know the majority only offer sub domains. I also want it to have cPanel not something like Freewebs. Anyone know of any hosts that do this? It's just so I can develop my site, as my current host has went into downtime.

Thread moved by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Moderator) from Designing and Development: please post in the correct section next time.

Javascrypt
16-05-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm in need of a web host where I can register for a free account but also use my purchased domain. As I know the majority only offer sub domains. I also want it to have cPanel not something like Freewebs. Anyone know of any hosts that do this? It's just so I can develop my site, as my current host has went into downtime.

You will have to be careful because they can sometimes scam you off your domain and keep it for themselves. x10hosting i would suggest.

Klydo
16-05-2008, 09:28 PM
How can they get my domain which I've bought else where? That's impossible.

Javascrypt
16-05-2008, 09:29 PM
How can they get my domain which I've bought else where? That's impossible.

No its not, they can park your domain like 1and1 they freeze your domain if you dont pay them.

Hitman
17-05-2008, 07:43 PM
No its not, they can park your domain like 1and1 they freeze your domain if you dont pay them.If your domain is with namecheap and it's pointed to their servers all they can do is stop the domain from going to their server, they can't take over the domain in namecheap. They can only do what you said if you transfer the domain to their account.

Dentafrice
17-05-2008, 07:46 PM
I can host you free. cPanel, fantastico, all that jazz.

--ss--
17-05-2008, 07:49 PM
http://x10hosting.com ;).

Decode
17-05-2008, 07:53 PM
http://x10hosting.com ;).
OMG i was just about 2 say that.

The only bad thing about it is you have to post on the forums once every 2 weeks. Actualy, you might not because --ss-- has been registered for ages and only has 35 posts :S

DeejayMachoo$
17-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I give plently of people free hosting im sure my server has enough space for more, sure ive got u on msn so just ask

Fehm
18-05-2008, 07:47 AM
the x10hosting looks good. and i can offer sum hosting :)

So.. Pm mee lol (cPanel, Fantastico, PHPmyadmin, Boards, File Manager, Redirects, Adsense, Trafficing.)

Dentafrice
18-05-2008, 12:23 PM
the x10hosting looks good. and i can offer sum hosting :)

So.. Pm mee lol (cPanel, Fantastico, PHPmyadmin, Boards, File Manager, Redirects, Adsense, Trafficing.)
All that somes with cPanel and Fantastico, and AdSense is by Google :|

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!