PDA

View Full Version : Mouse built in to keyboard

Robbie
17-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Hey,

My sister has quite an old Dell laptop. It has a touchpad mouse and one of the little circular things built into a keyboard that you can push up with your finger. The problem is that the keyboard one makes the mouse move itself. How can I disable that one and just have the touchpad working? I have looked in Device Manager and only one mouse is listed.

+rep for help

Redacted
17-05-2008, 04:45 PM
You could easily pull the mouse from the middle of the keyboard out, as we do at school :rolleyes:

Is it a little red dot, with little bumps on? :)

Im sure that you can disable it somehow, If not, go with the pulling it off option, it easily goes back.

Robbie
17-05-2008, 04:46 PM
I did pull it off but it's still moveable, so still moing itself.

Redacted
17-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Check your taskbar, in the bottom right.
There should be something, somewhere, to disable it.

N!ck
17-05-2008, 07:03 PM
It's called a nipple :).

Purposeless
17-05-2008, 09:27 PM
It's called a nipple :).

A pointing device that looks like a pencil eraser between the G, H and B keys. It is moved with the forefinger, while the thumb is used to press related keys located in front of the space bar. IBM popularized this device by introducing the TrackPoint on its ThinkPad notebooks. See mouse, trackball and touchpad.

Don't look hell like a nipple though

Javascrypt
17-05-2008, 09:34 PM
De-activate it from control panel, It may be in there.
Or Send Dell or who'ever a email.

Fehm
18-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Lol at the nipple post :P te he
umm.. Yh the taskbar at the bottom right of your screen should have something to do with your mouse. If that fails try going through your Control Panel, selecting pointer devoces and locating your mouse, Or.. Look through your system files and delete the driver :P Or.. Just pull it off.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!