PDA

View Full Version : Turtle

Pirate
17-05-2008, 05:10 PM
In a pet shop I saw some turtles, I was planning on buying one and I told someone about it but apparently they can't of been turtles but I really thought they were, they looked like them and the sign said turtles and I'm convinced that they're turtles so I'm confused.
Plus they were £36 but apparently they would be 100s

Firehorse
17-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Probably terapins. People get them as pets and many people end up not wanting them and put them in a pond somewhere or a canal. In my local park there are some terapins, also saw one in the London Canal. People end up throwing them away as they can bite.

Pirate
17-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Oh.. are they allowed to call them turtles..?

Mitch4?
17-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Tortoises are in the £100's if you legally buy them from a pet shop like mine where you get a liscense. Turtoises don't live in water.
Turtles, they live in water + on land. They cost in my shop, £20 for yellow belly turtles, and for mississipi turtles too.

if you get caught with a turtoise without the lisence you can have it took off you - so it's always best to buy it for the proper cash, they're so expensive now because to be sold turtoises have to be bred in this country otherwise you cant get a liscense therefore its not legal.

Pirate
18-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Er, the thread is not about tortoises but thanks you answered my question anyway

e5
18-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Maybe the shop keeper lied to get a sale? :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!