PDA

View Full Version : 3 lights

Scouse
18-05-2008, 12:13 AM
been getting 3 red lights nearly everyday this week and i turn it off then back on and it works, but today i got it and it wont come back on. ive read its hardware failure so it looks like im going have to send it back, unless you know a way of fixing it? if i do send it back, do they repair it or do i get a new one? and if i get a new one, will i be able to get back my gamerscore, themes, games etc? do i need to send my hard drive along with it? will it be brand new or do i get someone elses old one? what will happen to my xbox live? and last question, my friend sent his off and they give him 3 months xbox live free. does everyone get something free?

answer them and ill rep+ you if i can :)

thanks

j4k3
18-05-2008, 12:18 AM
been getting 3 red lights nearly everyday this week and i turn it off then back on and it works, but today i got it and it wont come back on. ive read its hardware failure so it looks like im going have to send it back, unless you know a way of fixing it? if i do send it back, do they repair it or do i get a new one? and if i get a new one, will i be able to get back my gamerscore, themes, games etc? do i need to send my hard drive along with it? will it be brand new or do i get someone elses old one? what will happen to my xbox live? and last question, my friend sent his off and they give him 3 months xbox live free. does everyone get something free?

answer them and ill rep+ you if i can :)

thanks

Right, you will have to ring Microsoft for labels to freepost it to them. Also, you either get a refurbished one or a new one, doesn't really depend on anything, just luck. Don't send your HD as it will get wiped. You will get some free xbox live, depending on how long it took to fix and return to you. It took 2 weeks for mine and I got one month to make it up :)

Hope I helped.

Alan_Carr
18-05-2008, 09:09 AM
I sent mine last week. You ring up Microsoft, explain your situation, ( youve got red rings ), then they'll probs ask you to try some ways of getting it bk on, it wont work. Then they'll say that they'll send you an email with printable labels on it, which you then stick on the box your sending the xbox 360 back to them in, you then ring the courier who is taking your xbox away, and they'll do it all for free. My xbox is currently being repaired at microsoft in Germany, hopefully for you, yours wont go that far :)

Edit : You get 1 months XBOX LIVE subcription, and no, you dont send off your HARD DRIVE.
Also, if you send it without the faceplate, you get a brand new one ;)

Wootzeh
18-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Everyone on this forum seems to be gettin RROD lately.

Alan_Carr
18-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Everyone on this forum seems to be gettin RROD lately.

I know lol, first it was me, then dan, and now scouse boy.

CJW93
18-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Mine next (hope not)

mangle
18-05-2008, 11:33 AM
I got mine a few months back. Don't sweat it, will come back quite soon. Don't send away the harddrive.

SpurS
18-05-2008, 11:34 AM
well there picking mine up this week but they said on the phone if im quick i can just put my 360 in the box and they send it right off

Scouse
18-05-2008, 01:23 PM
thanks all but if i get a new xbox would i be able to get back all my stuff like gamerscore n stuff?

rep+ to the people i can

mangle
18-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Yes. It's all on the HDD.

Scouse
18-05-2008, 01:43 PM
ok thanks

e5
18-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Good reason not to get an Xbox really now, I think i'm convinced lol

mangle
18-05-2008, 01:50 PM
The service is fantastic tbh, I don't care I had an Xboxless week. It let me concentrate on work!
And tbh live is so well produced you can't beat it.

Scouse
18-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Good reason not to get an Xbox really now, I think i'm convinced lol

xbox is well worth getting live is amazing this is the first time this has happend since i got it a year ago. i know people who have had theres longer and not had a problem, i guess i was just unlucky.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!