PDA

View Full Version : London MCM Expo

Neversoft
18-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Ok, I keep seeing posts about it, so I thought I'd make a thread.

Anyone going?
Anyone been before?

Since I'll be in London at the time, I'm gonna go with a few friends. :) We were going to cosplay, but eventually gave up because we were so busy at the time we couldn't plan or get the costumes or anything. I was going to go as L (Death Note), my other friend as Ninja Ninja (Afro Samurai) and other friend as someone from Bleach. I can't remember who. But, hopefully next time it will become a reality!

If anyone has been before, care to share your experience? :P I have no idea what to expect. What were the best things about the expo? Any bad things? Did you go both days? Etc.

Joshuae
18-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Anyone going?
Anyone been before?

Since I'll be in London at the time, I'm gonna go with a few friends. :) We were going to cosplay, but eventually gave up because we were so busy at the time we couldn't plan or get the costumes or anything. I was going to go as L (Death Note), my other friend as Ninja Ninja (Afro Samurai) and other friend as someone from Bleach. I can't remember who. But, hopefully next time it will become a reality!

If anyone has been before, care to share your experience? :P I have no idea what to expect. What were the best things about the expo? Any bad things? Did you go both days? Etc.

I went last year, and it was just WOW. Loads of cosplaying and as I explained on MSN, a fight broke out which was weird as they were doing it in character o_O.

It's a ton of fun, quieter 2nd day =P.
I didn't cosplay last year, I felt left out, but I'm cosplaying this year
as Hatake Kakashi =]

Emjin
20-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Like I said, Count me in. I'm not gunna cosplay this year .. gutted cause i wanted to but I left it till the last minute...

....I have like, a kakashi fettish so watch out, x_x

Redacted
20-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Expo make French books. Lol.

Movieen
20-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Like I said, Count me in. I'm not gunna cosplay this year .. gutted cause i wanted to but I left it till the last minute...

....I have like, a kakashi fettish so watch out, x_x

XD.

I'll be with my gf who's cosplaying as Karen from Code Geass.
So, no touchie Kakashi.

Emjin
20-05-2008, 05:25 PM
..gah, I'm going with my boyfriend too, but good luck pulling him off.. he's quite a hard character to get right. If only he existed.. :(

Neil
20-05-2008, 05:32 PM
My mate is going, I would of gone but I have no money and I'm going camping this weekend anyway

He said their is one in October aswell so I'll probably be going then, if I can then I'll be dressed as Edward Elric xD

PaulMacC
20-05-2008, 08:17 PM
I'd like to go but, the flight, hotel booking.
All will have to wait 'till I am older.

Movieen
20-05-2008, 08:36 PM
..gah, I'm going with my boyfriend too, but good luck pulling him off.. he's quite a hard character to get right. If only he existed.. :(

He's a laid back character really, but can get serious.
^^ And yeah if only xD

Boonzeet
20-05-2008, 08:53 PM

Anyone going?
Anyone been before?

ChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChris ChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChris ChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChris

Which day?

Please say sunday :x

I'm going on the sunday >3

Plux
22-05-2008, 10:57 PM
ChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChris ChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChris ChrisChrisChrisChrisChrisChris

Which day?

i kick yo' butt 'der m8.

xD!

samsaBEAR
24-05-2008, 04:23 PM
my friend went today, and she's going in october because vic mignoga (im pretty sure i spelt that wrong), who voices Ed in fullmetal alchemist, is making an appearence. she went and met him there last year, so she's hoping to do the same this year.
id like to go, but id feel way out of place. i like anime/manga, but not as much as everyone at the expo

Emjin
24-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I just got back ^_^ ...and it was gooood, n I was kinda surprised how many
- Gothic loli there was ( alll amazingly great)
- Free hug / glomp signs? EVERYONE had them, there was some kid outside with a free hugs sign, he waited till someone came over then he had another sign that had "not for you" on it.. lmao, a load of people started chasing him n just picked him up. It was PACKED though, took us about 2 hours to even get the tickets.

And did anyone see these?

AWESOMENESS.. haha
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/SupaSupaKawaii/013-1.jpg

seniorJOSH
24-05-2008, 08:59 PM
I just got back ^_^ ...and it was gooood, n I was kinda surprised how many
- Gothic loli there was ( alll amazingly great)
- Free hug / glomp signs? EVERYONE had them, there was some kid outside with a free hugs sign, he waited till someone came over then he had another sign that had "not for you" on it.. lmao, a load of people started chasing him n just picked him up. It was PACKED though, took us about 2 hours to even get the tickets.

And did anyone see these?

AWESOMENESS.. haha
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/SupaSupaKawaii/013-1.jpg

LOL That was you?
I walked into the one in white xD

Boonzeet
24-05-2008, 10:17 PM
That was ******* AWESOME!

Also, I saw the one in Black there!

The free hug signs were awesome =D

seniorJOSH
24-05-2008, 10:32 PM
That was ******* AWESOME!

Also, I saw the one in Black there!

The free hug signs were awesome =D

I chased the guy around the outside xDD

Shinigami
25-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I went yesterday, it was amaziiiiiiiiing. I bought £170 worth of stuff; had a hard time carrying it all but was worth it! also we didn't wait as long as last time we went so that was awesome, we just played ds for like an hour then got in

Emjin
25-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Did anyone get in early enough for the shawnee smith signing (Amanda from the saw films)? We didn't get in till about 1, But I got an awesome picture with Danny John Jules (Cat from Red dwarf) that just completely made my whole day.

I think for the October one I'm gunna just cosplay and not actually go into the expo, it was cramped and there wasn't alot of stuff I wanted to do apart from the DDR tournament.

on another note, did anyone stay for the cosplay skits? I left and missed it.

Neversoft
25-05-2008, 05:53 PM

Which day?

I went both days. :P

on another note, did anyone stay for the cosplay skits? I left and missed it.

Unfortunately I missed the one on saturday because we left at 2pm and went to Leicester Square and missed the one on sunday because they gave out all of the tickets before they annouced it.They annouced we could now go and get tickets, so we went and they were all gone!? That was the only downfall to my experience at the expo. Well, that and not cosplaying. So after that we said bye to the Afro Samurai guys (who were actual legends, they told us exclusive information about the Afro Samurai film and new anime because we kept coming back to their stall) and left after that and I got home about 1 hour ago.

Anyway...
The expo was AMAZING. So many hot cosplay girls wanting free hugs... I'm definitely going in October, and again in May. Hell, I'm going every year.
We got there on saturday at like 7:30, so we were basically one of the first ones in. We got free stuff for being the first ones to buy stuff from the Afro Samurai stall. On sunday we got there at like 9:00, and we were basically one of the first ones in again. So we quickly bought a load of stuff before it got really busy.

I bought
Afro Samurai Directors Cut DVD SIGNED BY SAMUEL L JACKSON
I also have the exact same DVD but not signed, because I bought that on saturday, they didn't bring out the signed one until sunday.
3 Afro Samurai posters
Like 100 Afro Samurai Stickers and 1 exclusive one from America
(I'll be selling all but my signed copy of Afro Samurai on ebay :P)
I got 2 of them free bags
A Death Note L T-Shirt
2 Death Note bags (one with L and Light, another with Ryuk and Mikami)
Volume 3, 4 and 5 of Utawarerumono
Akira Directors Cut DVD
Coyote Ragtime Boxset
Every volume of the Death Note manga I needed
A couple volumes of Claymore
And some other stuff :D

I played
Dragonball Z Burst Limit
The Bourne Conspiracy
A Gundam game (can't remember the name)
Some Samurai Legend hack and slash game on PS2
Alone in the Dark

I saw
The Anime Voice Panel (sunday)
X Files Preview (sunday)
Steve Niles (saturday and sunday)
Battlestar Galactiva Panel (sunday)
Ernie Hudson (sunday)

I went with hundreds of pounds and still had loads left after we went, I should have bought more. :P I wanted all the volumes of Guyver, one of the cool cat hats :8, a giant Luigi hat, some more DVDs and a subscription to that neo magazine, but I guess I'll have to get them next time.

Shinigami
25-05-2008, 07:38 PM
I was going to buy v. 1 + 2 of claymore but they didnt have v. 1 so I asked the staff and they said to come back later so I just bought vol. 2. then when i went back they said they didn't have vol. 1 :( Also I wanted a chocobo plushie but it was £25 and I had £20 and i was like -cry

Neversoft
25-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I was going to buy v. 1 + 2 of claymore but they didnt have v. 1 so I asked the staff and they said to come back later so I just bought vol. 2. then when i went back they said they didn't have vol. 1 :( Also I wanted a chocobo plushie but it was £25 and I had £20 and i was like -cry

Init! I went and they only had volume 1 and 2, so I bought mine from Leicester Square when we went on saturday.

Still, thats nothing. I can't believe how amazing the expo was. :P I'm afraid that the other october and may ones won't be as good! I hope I'm wrong. :eusa_danc Nah, they have to be better. I'll make sure we get into the cosplay masquerade, stay at a better hotel and cosplay ourselves next time. :P

seniorJOSH
25-05-2008, 08:06 PM
I went both days. :P

Unfortunately I missed the one on saturday because we left at 2pm and went to Leicester Square and missed the one on sunday because they gave out all of the tickets before they annouced it.They annouced we could now go and get tickets, so we went and they were all gone!? That was the only downfall to my experience at the expo. Well, that and not cosplaying. So after that we said bye to the Afro Samurai guys (who were actual legends, they told us exclusive information about the Afro Samurai film and new anime because we kept coming back to their stall) and left after that and I got home about 1 hour ago.

Anyway...
The expo was AMAZING. So many hot cosplay girls wanting free hugs... I'm definitely going in October, and again in May. Hell, I'm going every year.
We got there on saturday at like 7:30, so we were basically one of the first ones in. We got free stuff for being the first ones to buy stuff from the Afro Samurai stall. On sunday we got there at like 9:00, and we were basically one of the first ones in again. So we quickly bought a load of stuff before it got really busy.

I bought
Afro Samurai Directors Cut DVD SIGNED BY SAMUEL L JACKSON
I also have the exact same DVD but not signed, because I bought that on saturday, they didn't bring out the signed one until sunday.
3 Afro Samurai posters
Like 100 Afro Samurai Stickers and 1 exclusive one from America
(I'll be selling all but my signed copy of Afro Samurai on ebay :P)
I got 2 of them free bags
A Death Note L T-Shirt
2 Death Note bags (one with L and Light, another with Ryuk and Mikami)
Volume 3, 4 and 5 of Utawarerumono
Akira Directors Cut DVD
Coyote Ragtime Boxset
Every volume of the Death Note manga I needed
A couple volumes of Claymore
And some other stuff :D

I played
Dragonball Z Burst Limit
The Bourne Conspiracy
A Gundam game (can't remember the name)
Some Samurai Legend hack and slash game on PS2
Alone in the Dark

I saw
The Anime Voice Panel (sunday)
X Files Preview (sunday)
Steve Niles (saturday and sunday)
Battlestar Galactiva Panel (sunday)
Ernie Hudson (sunday)

I went with hundreds of pounds and still had loads left after we went, I should have bought more. :P I wanted all the volumes of Guyver, one of the cool cat hats :8, a giant Luigi hat, some more DVDs and a subscription to that neo magazine, but I guess I'll have to get them next time.

I picked up the FMA stuff there, the Akira stuff, I kept visiting the Afro Samurai aswell. DIDN'T GIV EME ANY INFO.

I bought loads of posters and stickers. xD

Neversoft
25-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I picked up the FMA stuff there, the Akira stuff, I kept visiting the Afro Samurai aswell. DIDN'T GIV EME ANY INFO.

I bought loads of posters and stickers. xD

You should have asked. :P We talked to them for ages though, we went back loads. :P It turns out they're not just sales men promoting the anime, they're actually on the inside. They read over the movie script and everything, so we kept asking for info and they told us that there will be an Afro Samurai movie and Samuel L Jackson IS involved (but thats all he said about that) and some other stuff that will happen in the movie, such as new characters and plot and everything. He also said that the guy with 3 arms who killed Afro's dad got that way by getting sucked into a swamp, and thats also going to be in the film. They also said there will be another Afro Samurai anime series.

seniorJOSH
25-05-2008, 09:16 PM
You should have asked. :P We talked to them for ages though, we went back loads. :P It turns out they're not just sales men promoting the anime, they're actually on the inside. They read over the movie script and everything, so we kept asking for info and they told us that there will be an Afro Samurai movie and Samuel L Jackson IS involved (but thats all he said about that) and some other stuff that will happen in the movie, such as new characters and plot and everything. He also said that the guy with 3 arms who killed Afro's dad got that way by getting sucked into a swamp, and thats also going to be in the film. They also said there will be another Afro Samurai anime series.

I envy you.

Ugawa
26-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Loved it, most of it was like characters kissing and that lot in yaoi nd yuri nd stuff. Not that i'm complainnin lol. I'm not going to this one, didnt have the money :(, but i'm probz gonna go to next one.

XX

Shinigami
28-05-2008, 02:04 PM
did anyone go on the audition bus? that was so fun, we stayed at the bottom playing ds :D

Niall!
28-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I will hopefully be going in october as I hope to be going to college in england :)

Emjin
28-05-2008, 05:06 PM
I went in the bus :D I had no idea what it was for so we went upstairs and WTH... It was so hot I couldn't stay in there for over a minute, I read about it on the forum and it sounded more interesting than it actually was :( the downstairs bit was a bit too crowded

I'm already planning my Otober outfit, I felt so underdressed not going in cosplay

Niall!
28-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I might get DBZ burst limit, finally going back to the good old game engine.

Shinigami
28-05-2008, 08:46 PM
I went in the bus :D I had no idea what it was for so we went upstairs and WTH... It was so hot I couldn't stay in there for over a minute, I read about it on the forum and it sounded more interesting than it actually was :( the downstairs bit was a bit too crowded

I'm already planning my Otober outfit, I felt so underdressed not going in cosplay

yeah it was really hot upstairs, but they turned the fans on later on and then we were like the last ones on the bus so we went upstairs and played a bit of audition

seniorJOSH
28-05-2008, 09:34 PM
I didn't go on the bus =[.

& Burst Limit WAS AWESOME.

Emjin
31-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Also I dunno if anyone reads the MCM forum, but there's going to be a "Cosplay ball" some time in the evening I guess at Octobers expo. Formal only apparently.

Neversoft
01-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I will hopefully be going in october as I hope to be going to college in england :)

OMG UR COMING ENGLAND M8?!!?!?

Yeah, same. :P I must cosplay in october!

Also I dunno if anyone reads the MCM forum, but there's going to be a "Cosplay ball" some time in the evening I guess at Octobers expo. Formal only apparently.

I got an email about that, but haven't really checked it out yet. Should be interesting!

Neversoft
14-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Just wondering - How much spending money did you guys take to the expo and how much did you spend?

Emjin
14-06-2008, 08:12 PM
On the day I got £100 outta my bank.... and spent hardly anything.

I bought my bf a tshirt, my sis one of those cute bunny hats and I got some pocky n other various strange looking sweets.

And on another note, is aaaaaaanyone going to Octobers expo :D

I've started on my Yuna cosplay and was thinking, if there's a few people going, it might be a good idea to do some progress pics, I'm a Cosplay nooob so I need all the help n advice in the world.:P

Shinigami
14-06-2008, 08:15 PM
i brought about £160 and spent it all. dont know if im going in october, depends how much money i get/save up

Joshuae
14-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Just wondering - How much spending money did you guys take to the expo and how much did you spend?

£600 but I was in London for 2 weeks anyway. =P

Neversoft
14-06-2008, 10:35 PM
On the day I got £100 outta my bank.... and spent hardly anything.

I bought my bf a tshirt, my sis one of those cute bunny hats and I got some pocky n other various strange looking sweets.

And on another note, is aaaaaaanyone going to Octobers expo :D

I've started on my Yuna cosplay and was thinking, if there's a few people going, it might be a good idea to do some progress pics, I'm a Cosplay nooob so I need all the help n advice in the world.:P

:O I don't know how you can go in and not spend atleast £100!

I'm going in October whatever happens. :8

I've never cosplayed before. I was going to in October, but I won't have much money, so I don't think I'll be able to. I will definitely cosplay in May though! As Hakuoro from Utawarerumono or Genjo from Read or Die! Or I might go as Buckethead (http://www.premiumseatsusa.com/concert/Buckethead/images/buckethead_jk02.jpg) for a laugh. :P

i brought about £160 and spent it all. dont know if im going in october, depends how much money i get/save up

Haha, same. That's why I asked. I won't have much money in October, and not buying anything would just kill me! I'm still gonna go though. :P

£600 but I was in London for 2 weeks anyway. =P

£600 at the expo?

Joshuae
16-06-2008, 05:31 PM
:O I don't know how you can go in and not spend atleast £100!

I'm going in October whatever happens. :8

I've never cosplayed before. I was going to in October, but I won't have much money, so I don't think I'll be able to. I will definitely cosplay in May though! As Hakuoro from Utawarerumono or Genjo from Read or Die! Or I might go as Buckethead (http://www.premiumseatsusa.com/concert/Buckethead/images/buckethead_jk02.jpg) for a laugh. :P

Haha, same. That's why I asked. I won't have much money in October, and not buying anything would just kill me! I'm still gonna go though. :P

£600 at the expo?

Oh no, spent about £60-70 at the expo.

Neil
16-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Jeez if I went I'd probably only spend like £30 xD I am going in October, if I do cosplay I'll be Edward Elric but I probably wont bother xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!