PDA

View Full Version : Combining Two Audio Inputs?

iUnknown
18-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Hello,

I have a microphone as an audio input, and stereo mix as an audio input. How can I combine these into one? Is there software that can do this and be called something like a separate audio input? Like.... with some software you can take a webcam image and put images on top of it. The webcam image with the images on top of it can be viewed on a new video input that appears (in control panel etc.) ie. ManyCam Software Cam. I basically want to combine my microphone and stereomix inputs as another input.

Just wondering if anyone has done this or knows any software that can do this?

Thanks.

Stephen!
18-05-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm not sure, but i think you will need to have the hardware as well as the software to be able to do this

iUnknown
18-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I know there's a simple solution if I were to do it with hardware. But for example, sam broadcaster 3 has "aux" and "microphone" channels and can easily encode them into the stream. Something like that is what I'm looking for, but to appear as another audio input in control panel.

Jordy
19-05-2008, 06:27 AM
Surely if you put the microphone and the stereo mix into a splitter (2 females to 1 male) then they would be a combined Line In, it wouldn't be great sound quality and would need turning up a little but I don't think they'd be any need for software then ;)

Recursion
19-05-2008, 06:46 AM
You need to be very careful when doing this!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!