PDA

View Full Version : AQA English Literature!

Hey anybody to AQA English Literature?

I learnt English Literature in like 6Weeks and did foundation paper, I found it genreally easy and it was a easy paper, I did Of Mice & Men and 4 Poems which were, Hitcher,Stealing,On My first Sonne and The Man he Killed?

How you guys find it!

Amit

mangle
20-05-2008, 02:28 PM
I wrote eight and a half pages, was cool.

I did 1 and 20.

Mitch4?
20-05-2008, 02:33 PM
i wrote 10 pages, but the tenth page was only like 5-6 lines.
amg.
it was super hard.
i didnt revise my poems cause i didnt have notes on them
i did, Hitcher, on my first sonne, my last dutchess, salome
and then on short stories i did
"express how low is shown in "the end of something" and one other short story"
couldnt do that either
!!!
A WHEY. failed english

mangle
20-05-2008, 02:38 PM
i love on my first sonne
Great poem aha, did you have that nasty book you had to write in?

Where you had to fill in the exam board yourself!

mat64
20-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I thought it was alright, I wouldn't hold my breath on a decent grade on it though.

dirrty
20-05-2008, 02:41 PM
i did of mice and men and blood brothers. did 13 1/2 pages and i was bloody knackered at the end. wasnt too hard, though.

i dont think mine was aqa though. i think my board was wjec?

-Eliminate
20-05-2008, 02:46 PM
i dont think i did well in mice and men

poems was much better for me :)

Tristan
20-05-2008, 02:48 PM
i did of mice and men and blood brothers. did 13 1/2 pages and i was bloody knackered at the end. wasnt too hard, though.

i dont think mine was aqa though. i think my board was wjec?

yeah, WJEC CBA something.
u did them two + poem yh.

I did I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings and Inspector Calls. + Poem.
I haven't read Caged Bird, lol. And only read Inspector Calls once, lol. :P

Wrote 4 1/2 pages.

Bevvie
20-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah it was alright i suppose. :D

I did the first question for prose and for the poems, Havisham & Sonnet 130 one.

Inseriousity.
20-05-2008, 03:02 PM
I did Of Mice and Men character question. I picked Curley's wife and Crooks. woooo talking about discrimination!!

I also did the Duffy/Armitage question and it was about relationships so I picked: Mother any Distance (had to do this one), Before you were mine, My Last Duchess and On my First Sonne. Turns out my friend picked the exact same as me :P

Immenseman
20-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I did Of Mice and Men character question. I picked Curley's wife and Crooks. woooo talking about discrimination!!

I did the same of mice and men question as you and picked the same two characters. How long did you all have, some people said they had two and half hours we only had 1hr 45mins. I didn't find it too bad glad I revised for it though, aha. Biology tomorrow now.

iknowkungfu
20-05-2008, 03:25 PM
i done 7 pages, piece of piss imo.

lAscend
20-05-2008, 03:27 PM
i done 9 - 10 pages for of mice and men and blood brothers + poem called Autumn

Inseriousity.
20-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I did the same of mice and men question as you and picked the same two characters. How long did you all have, some people said they had two and half hours we only had 1hr 45mins. I didn't find it too bad glad I revised for it though, aha. Biology tomorrow now.

lmao, we must have the exact same timetable... you seem to have the exact same exams as me even though everyone does different subjects etc. :P and yeah I had 1hour 45 minutes :D

PS. What did you write about? I wrote about discrimination, behaviour and appearance... anything else?

Frodo13.
20-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Lol at everyone bragging about the number of pages you wrote. Thats not gonna really mean anything if you've put loads of wrong info in your exam.

lAscend
20-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Lol at everyone bragging about the number of pages you wrote. Thats not gonna really mean anything if you've put loads of wrong info in your exam.

your right there 10 pages will still get me a D as always and it does anoy me lol

LOl I did about 8-9 pages almost got my paper cancelled because I carried on writing when they said stop :P, Tomorrow double science ppl have biology and I hav Business Communication & systems!

LOL

Amit,

Expect a new topic tomoz aswell llol!

Frodo13.
20-05-2008, 03:47 PM
your right there 10 pages will still get me a D as always and it does anoy me lol

I doubt you'll get a D. What paper did you do? English Lit is too easy anyway, even though I was panicking all summer because I forgot to name the poems I was actually talking about lol. (I got a B overall)

Bevvie
20-05-2008, 03:50 PM

Yeah i had 1 hour 45 mins. My exam was at 8.30am.

:(Hmm i did about 6 pages. Most of my friends did more. Puts me off.

Aha Biology for me too. Need to revise that today.

Ugawa
20-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Hiya, i did higher

I done lord of the flies the question about Simon

and the four poems:

Havisham
mother any distance
my last duches
sonnet-130

I done about the relationships

XX

Frodo13.
20-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Hiya, i did higher

I done lord of the flies the question about Simon

and the four poems:

Havisham
mother any distance
my last duches
sonnet-130

I done about the relationships

XX

Ahh, Lord of The Flies! I did that for my GCSE. My question was about 'the beast' and I can remember writing about the inner beast of the children and just made loads of crap up.

I think the Lit poems like Armitage and Duffy and the Pre 19century was a well interesting and much more violent than the stupid culture ones in Eng Language, only like like 50 people did English Lit in my year out of like 150, so I was proud of myself!

I like the violent poems like Education for leisure, Salome, The Lab, Hitcher!

lAscend
20-05-2008, 03:58 PM
I doubt you'll get a D. What paper did you do? English Lit is too easy anyway, even though I was panicking all summer because I forgot to name the poems I was actually talking about lol. (I got a B overall)

Im not sure i think it was edexcel foundation paper, but then again it could be AQA im not to sure lol

Tristan
20-05-2008, 04:17 PM

yhhhhhhhhh.
I doubt that most did actually do as many as they said anyway. :rolleyes:

:Edzy
20-05-2008, 04:22 PM
We do welsh board because its got 1 poem :)

even though the school aint welsh

and lol it was hard

lAscend
20-05-2008, 04:26 PM

ahhh no wait if its got a poem in then im on the welsh board its confuisng im everywhere on the other exams its hard to keep up lol

alexxxxx
20-05-2008, 04:56 PM
It literally isn't about the amount, it's about the quality.

Misawa
20-05-2008, 05:36 PM
I did my English Literature GCSE two years ago now. I studied Journey's End and an anthology of different poems. I got an A. Extremely easy with the poetry, just write everything you know about the two key poems you'll be asked to analyse in the exam. Look at them in your book or whatever and just completely take the words apart and intepret by annotating. When you're done, just turn everything you noted down into structured sentences and hey-presto. That's what I did.

mangle
20-05-2008, 06:43 PM
I've got Bio tomorrow aswell.

Truly vile.

Throne Sofa
20-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I thought Lord of the flies was fairly easy with the character one of Piggy. Poetry I thought I did the best in, despite me thinking that was the one I was going to do ****test in.

Meanies
20-05-2008, 09:35 PM
I had it today.

I found it so easy. The book one was just about the first 3/4 pages of the book, the poem one I chose was about how relationships are explored... which they are in pretty much all the poems we did (if not all).

I was a bit worried going into it by the fact I barely knew the novel all the way through, then seeing that question I was a bit relieved.

Wrote to the bottom of page 9 :)

iknowkungfu
20-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I thought Lord of the flies was fairly easy with the character one of Piggy. Poetry I thought I did the best in, despite me thinking that was the one I was going to do ****test in.
same... i'd only read 4 chapters and found the lord of the flies one easy enough.

Ugawa
21-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I did my English Literature GCSE two years ago now. I studied Journey's End and an anthology of different poems. I got an A. Extremely easy with the poetry, just write everything you know about the two key poems you'll be asked to analyse in the exam. Look at them in your book or whatever and just completely take the words apart and intepret by annotating. When you're done, just turn everything you noted down into structured sentences and hey-presto. That's what I did.

You can't do that anymore though, you have to use an anthology the school puts on the desk. You can't bring your own in anymore so you have to remember everything it's annoyin lol

XX

mangle
21-05-2008, 08:19 PM
I just remembered a few key phrases like assonance, sibilance, microchosm;macrochosm etc.

Then you can apply them to most poems.

Frodo13.
22-05-2008, 02:47 PM
You can't do that anymore though, you have to use an anthology the school puts on the desk. You can't bring your own in anymore so you have to remember everything it's annoyin lol

XX

Thats better I'd say, otherwise you'll just write all your notes down.

Ailerons
22-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I done the 'choose two characters' question on Of Mice and Men - chose Curley's Wife and Crooks...and for the second poems one I chose the male and female speakers question and I compared Havisham and Laboratory for the female speaker and Homecoming and Sonnet 130 for the other!

I only wrote 6 pages though lol.

Ewss
22-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I did the Simon question for lord of the flies, i couldn't really thing of much to write but i remembered golding's message which i normally forget so it's all good.
And for the poems i did the relationship question and wrote abouttt mother any distance (had to), on my first sonne, anne hathaway and sonnet 130

benn!
22-05-2008, 03:33 PM

I also did the Duffy/Armitage question and it was about relationships so I picked: Mother any Distance (had to do this one), Before you were mine, My Last Duchess and On my First Sonne. Turns out my friend picked the exact same as me :P
i did exactly the same, except when it came to duffy/armitage/pre1914 bank, i did the presentation of males and females in kid, sonnet 130, havisham and the laboratory.

Immenseman
22-05-2008, 03:35 PM
So there's quite a few of us who picked the same question then picked the same two characters. I just picked them because I knew I could write more detailed points about Curley's wife and Crooks.

Grindle-lad
22-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Did anybody else do 'To Kill a Mockingbird?' I thought both questions looked pretty easy but went for the one on the court trial.

As for the poetry, I did Heaney/Clarke and did the 'write about 4 poems in the anthology that you enjoyed', which was a really good, open question!

Retroduck
30-05-2008, 03:39 PM
I think i did ok.
But some people who did it cried because they didn't see section B.

Cos there was section A : Mice and men.
Section B: Poems.

Eamonn
31-05-2008, 02:38 PM
I think i did ok.
But some people who did it cried because they didn't see section B.

Cos there was section A : Mice and men.
Section B: Poems.

Are you serious? :O
Weren't they told they had to do 'Of Mice and Men' and poetry? LOL
Plus the poetry was 60% of the papers marks.

In all honesty I don't feel I did as well as I could or should have done.
Got the crappest 'Of Mice and Men' question, the character ones which I hate and a question asking why the novel is good? The poetry questions were ok though, I done Armitage and Duffy and chose the part a and b question where you had to write how female perspectives are presented in part a with a Duffy and one pre-1914 poem and how male perspectives are presented in part b with one Armitage and one pre-1914 poem. For part a I think I chose 'Havisham' and 'The Laboratory' and for part b I think I chose 'November' and 'On My First Sonne'.

ebay
31-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I did it a few weeks ago and had three sections;

1. Drama
2. Prose
3. Poetry

I had 2hrs30mins.

I am N.Ireland thou.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!