PDA

View Full Version : Anime/Manga Forum

Boonzeet
20-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Look I'm sick of people flaming these. Only post if it's constructive.

I was wondering if we could still petition for the Anime/Manga forum, or if there still isn't enough threads.

:eusa_booh

Redacted
20-05-2008, 10:10 PM
I think It's a good idea, although I dont even watch Anime or draw Manga.

I still think it's a way for people to express their opinions with other fans.

samsaBEAR
20-05-2008, 10:26 PM
yup, the need is definitely there plus the flaming is stupid.

GommeInc
20-05-2008, 11:46 PM
I can see why they don't make a forum, but if there was one I am very certain members will immediately start getting creative in the forum, making lots of posts. If it happened with Flight Sim. it'll happen with anime, heck I'll even browse the forum :P

Niko Bellic
21-05-2008, 12:18 AM
This is like what the 3rd thread? I doubt they'll listen to it. What's wrong with the Movies/Television section anyway?

GommeInc
21-05-2008, 12:28 AM
This is like what the 3rd thread? I doubt they'll listen to it. What's wrong with the Movies/Television section anyway?
It's a multi discussions theme, it's an art form, comic form, film and television genre.

Niko Bellic
21-05-2008, 12:33 AM
If after two threads they still haven't made one what's the point in even trying a third? They're not gonna listen to us. :)

Just stick with the Television section I guess.

Boonzeet
21-05-2008, 01:20 AM
If after two threads they still haven't made one what's the point in even trying a third? They're not gonna listen to us. :)

Just stick with the Television section I guess.

We actually found our own section that no-one uses to post about it >3

Also, they said if we started getting more posts about Anime we could petition again without a lock.

nvrspk4
21-05-2008, 03:46 AM
I see six in the last week, and it gets exponentially smaller after that so no I can't say that you guys took up the challenge of proving us wrong :P I think its fine how it is.

IRBlueMoon
21-05-2008, 05:38 AM
I've seen more GTA IV threads and if we ain't even allowed a sub-forum... :rolleyes:

Jord
21-05-2008, 05:52 AM
I've seen more GTA IV threads and if we ain't even allowed a sub-forum... :rolleyes:

Thats because its a game :rolleyes:

Amine/Manga is Movies, Eps, Artwork, comics,

GTA Is a game has artwork to it thats all :rolleyes:

The Professor
21-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I haven't seen any flaming reported, I don't know whether these post reports simply bypass me but that would suggest that you aren't too fussed about the flaming. If its reported, it'll be removed, and with the new trolling announcement most likely be insta-banned.

Boonzeet
21-05-2008, 05:42 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

That forum is all - except for one thread - Anime and Manga posts.

Also, if you don't want to make a new forum maybe rename that forum as Anime and Other Entertainment? :3

nvrspk4
21-05-2008, 11:30 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

That forum is all - except for one thread - Anime and Manga posts.

Also, if you don't want to make a new forum maybe rename that forum as Anime and Other Entertainment? :3

Would you be happy if we added the word Anime to the television forum? :P

GommeInc
22-05-2008, 12:21 AM
I don't think they will, anime is a type of film and television genre, aswell as an art form for comics and portraiture :P

Niko Bellic
22-05-2008, 12:25 AM
It's fine as it is, if they done this then they should make a parent forum for every new programme/film/cartoon that comes out.

Sabbath
22-05-2008, 02:41 AM
It's fine as it is, if they done this then they should make a parent forum for every new programme/film/cartoon that comes out.

Anime is a very large genre of television, theres no tv show called "Anime". Learn.

nvrspk4
22-05-2008, 06:31 AM
I don't think they will, anime is a type of film and television genre, aswell as an art form for comics and portraiture :P

Anime is a very large genre of television, theres no tv show called "Anime". Learn.

:S *Confused*

Anyway the art form would go under the graphics section.

Nemo
22-05-2008, 06:42 AM

Like mine does ;O

I wouldnt mind you just renaming the forum to "Anime and other entertainment" since no one ever uses it "/

Jord
22-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Like mine does ;O

I wouldnt mind you just renaming the forum to "Anime and other entertainment" since no one ever uses it "/

Yeh Anime is art work, Vids, movies, films, etc

GommeInc
22-05-2008, 12:43 PM

Then you'll get forums surrounded by anime if you did that, the idea of mentioning anime in the "Other Entertainment" forum was a good idea, either in description or the name of the forum.

Boonzeet
22-05-2008, 03:51 PM

The forum is far too popular with other users, and when we post threads there we get flamed or other things.

No one makes threads about Books. Renaming it to "Anime and Other Entertainment" would be amazing :D

Baby
22-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Ive only just really got into Anime but i think its awesome and a section for it would be great :D

Movieen
22-05-2008, 05:29 PM
An anime sub-section in "Other Entertainment" would go far.

nvrspk4
23-05-2008, 03:07 AM
Then you'll get forums surrounded by anime if you did that, the idea of mentioning anime in the "Other Entertainment" forum was a good idea, either in description or the name of the forum.

I mean user-created anime would go there.

The new forum would be "Anime, Books, and Other Entertainment", one big forum.

(Don't hold me to this, this is one opinion. It has to go past the rest of the management too.)

Pelki
23-05-2008, 06:42 AM
The new forum should be 'Anime, Manga and Other Entertainment.' Manga are a type of books afterall, but you can post about manga nearly everywhere on this forum. Wondn't it be much easier confining it to one place.
Drawings of manga can obviously still be posted in the graphics section if they wanted, but myself and I'm sure other users aswell, would like to be able to discuss manga in one single section.

GommeInc
23-05-2008, 11:25 AM
I mean user-created anime would go there.

The new forum would be "Anime, Books, and Other Entertainment", one big forum.

(Don't hold me to this, this is one opinion. It has to go past the rest of the management too.)
Would seperate the two really work though? User-created anime may aswell stay with the rest of the anime, so if users want to compare their art to a type of anime artist they only need to go to the same forum to do so :)

---MAD---
23-05-2008, 07:46 PM
The forum is far too popular with other users, and when we post threads there we get flamed or other things.

No one makes threads about Books. Renaming it to "Anime and Other Entertainment" would be amazing :D
Done :).

Anime, Books and Other Entertainment (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73).

today
23-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks! :)

Took long enough though.. lawl.

---MAD---
23-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks! :)

Took long enough though.. lawl.
True. We never wanted to create a new forum because we already had that forum for "Other entertainment". But if renaming it made people happy, then that's what we will go with :).

today
23-05-2008, 07:56 PM
True. We never wanted to create a new forum because we already had that forum for "Other entertainment". But if renaming it made people happy, then that's what we will go with :).
Looks like its worked, :)

Nick.
25-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Hiya;)
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost....&postcount=160
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...ight
Thx:)

What, even though demand was there?

I'm glad it's been renamed but I think a forum for it would be nice :D

GommeInc
25-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Hiya;)
http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost....&postcount=160
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthrea...ight
Thx:)

What, even though demand was there?

I'm glad it's been renamed but I think a forum for it would be nice :D
To be honest, that forum IS an anime forum, nothing else appears in there so... Yeah :P

Nick.
25-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Exactly - ruining it for 'other entertainment'

That's what's wrong with the forum management, they're too lazy to make a forum for it and prevent it disrupting other forums which already run well.

Minstrels
25-05-2008, 11:20 PM

That's what's wrong with the forum management, they're too lazy to make a forum for it and prevent it disrupting other forums which already run well.
Well it has stopped all the posts demanding one...

GommeInc
25-05-2008, 11:23 PM

There's still a chance of other entertainment, even though no such thing exists by the looks of it :P

nvrspk4
26-05-2008, 06:35 AM

Please sir, can I have some more? Some more wild speculation that is.

Base your comments in fact.

Don't spew randomly. The decision not to create a forum has nothing to do with lazyness. If you had taken a minute to ask why we didn't, maybe you would realize that we have reasons to do things, however in your utterly irrational state of mind you think, "I didn't get EXACTLY what I wanted, Ima throw a tantrum and throw blame on everyone."

Well, here's some food for though. A while ago, we recieved a warning from vBulletin that anything over X forums was a liability, and would impede the quality of the vBulletin forum. This includes subforums. Therefore, we immediately began taking steps to remove unwanted forums. We merged all the old staff forums and put them in a universal dump, and at that point we started combining forums at that point, if anyone remembers there were a bunch of forums combined.

Also, we realized that there were 300 VIP forums, and therefore we introduced the VIP Subforum thing, so people could still buy a sub forum and we weren't totally taking Subforums away from VIPs (only VIPs could buy the subbie subsc.) but we were improving the running quality of our vBulletin. This was actually in the announcement. (HEY! MAYBE THEY DIDN'T JUST DO IT TO MONEYGRUB AS WE'VE ACCUSED THEM A BUNCH OF TIMES, EVEN THOUGH IT SAID THAT IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT!!)

ADDITIONALLY, we have recieved many many complaints from users (and we can gauge from the result of the soon-finishing poll about it) about us having too many forums. Thus we are ALSO acting on user feedback.

Thus we are careful to scrutinize every request for a new forum to make sure we really need to add it. However, when we saw an opportunity to given Anime a home so to speak, by changing a name instead of adding a forum, giving users what they want and us making sure our forum ran well and our other users weren't upset by more forums, we took the opportunity.

So no, you're wrong, and your comment wasn't even close to being based on fact. Yes I've attacked you a little and I apologize, however when you speak with such inflammatory and offensive rhetoric I make the assumption that you are ready to recieve such rhetoric back, and if you can't, well then you shouldn't be dishing out what you can't take. But I am making assumptions now, I assume you can take it, you seem fairly mature apart from this bandwagon "management are lazy and corrupt" effect. I've tried to keep my response based in fact though.

Also, if you look back, the time we spent replying to anime/manga threads would far exceed the amount of time necessary to create a forum ;) If we didn't care or were trying to avoid work we would not post such lengthy and in depth responses ;)

Nick.
26-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Please sir, can I have some more? Some more wild speculation that is.

Base your comments in fact.

Don't spew randomly. The decision not to create a forum has nothing to do with lazyness. If you had taken a minute to ask why we didn't, maybe you would realize that we have reasons to do things, however in your utterly irrational state of mind you think, "I didn't get EXACTLY what I wanted, Ima throw a tantrum and throw blame on everyone." I didn't even want an Anime forum I hate it - but I still have my views and opinions. :) So don't you spew randomly, sir. :)

Well, here's some food for though. Do you mean thou? A while ago, we recieved a warning from vBulletin that anything over X forums was a liability, and would impede the quality of the vBulletin forum. This includes subforums. Therefore, we immediately began taking steps to remove unwanted forums. We merged all the old staff forums and put them in a universal dump, and at that point we started combining forums at that point, if anyone remembers there were a bunch of forums combined. OK, thanks for that info.

Also, we realized that there were 300 VIP forums, and therefore we introduced the VIP Subforum thing, so people could still buy a sub forum and we weren't totally taking Subforums away from VIPs (only VIPs could buy the subbie subsc.) but we were improving the running quality of our vBulletin. This was actually in the announcement. (HEY! MAYBE THEY DIDN'T JUST DO IT TO MONEYGRUB AS WE'VE ACCUSED THEM A BUNCH OF TIMES, EVEN THOUGH IT SAID THAT IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT!!) LOL?

ADDITIONALLY, we have recieved many many complaints from users (and we can gauge from the result of the soon-finishing poll about it) about us having too many forums. Thus we are ALSO acting on user feedback. Well, if the poll results weren't hidden by ---MAD--- we could see after we'd voted, instead we have to wait. He only hides them, because he can.

Thus we are careful to scrutinize every request for a new forum to make sure we really need to add it. However, when we saw an opportunity to given Anime a home so to speak, by changing a name instead of adding a forum, giving users what they want and us making sure our forum ran well and our other users weren't upset by more forums, we took the opportunity. OK :)

So no, you're wrong, and your comment wasn't even close to being based on fact. Yes I've attacked you a little and I apologize, however when you speak with such inflammatory and offensive rhetoric I make the assumption that you are ready to recieve such rhetoric back, and if you can't, well then you shouldn't be dishing out what you can't take. But I am making assumptions now, I assume you can take it, you seem fairly mature apart from this bandwagon "management are lazy and corrupt" effect. I've tried to keep my response based in fact though. I always make sure I can take what I give, I didn't really expect such full blown reply :P LOL

Also, if you look back, the time we spent replying to anime/manga threads would far exceed the amount of time necessary to create a forum ;) If we didn't care or were trying to avoid work we would not post such lengthy and in depth responses ;) True.

Apologies for my incorrect statement nvrspk4. :)

Thetan
28-05-2008, 04:36 AM

Great, its nice to see people using their head :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!