PDA

View Full Version : Info on how to setup a radio

Dortoh
21-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Hey guys I want to know how to set up a radio site.. Like wat is shoutcast? is it easy to run! please update me thanks..! :D

CreditCardDebt
27-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Wow, Noone Replied? Sheesh.

Well, First of all you'd need Hosting, and a Shoutcast Server. To find out more about shoutcast go to shoutcast.com.

For shoutcast hosting, and possibly web hosting, i'd reccomend jjhosts.com.

TomTomDjin
01-06-2008, 10:44 PM

Well, First of all you'd need Hosting, and a Shoutcast Server. To find out more about shoutcast go to shoutcast.com.

The only reason h recommends them becuase he own it:/
Add Me I Help You, [email protected]
Thanks
Tom

ebay
03-06-2008, 12:58 PM

Pathetic.

You try and advertise your wee company in every post.

If you want any help i would be more than welcome to help you out.

DJ-AD!
03-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Once u get ur server dead easy to maintain it just keep payin the bill and thts it

Lulz
04-06-2008, 04:26 AM
It really depend's on what you want to do.

You can buy a VPS for your radio which would be quite pointless, but then you could pay for your hosting + shoutcast in one payment.

Once you've got it all setup, providing the host of the shoutcast has some semi-decent user-interface, it's a simple case of paying bills.

You'll need web-hosting and probrely a domain name, I suggest; http://Naxous.com - I would go with the £2.99 hosting package until you've got quite a lot of traffic. Then you may wish to upgrade the bandwidth, but you won't need any more disk space for just a radio, if you've got a fourm + raido + fansite it's another story.

If you'd like any more help in a more detailed convosation. You can add me on MSN.
[email protected]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!