PDA

View Full Version : <Spoilers> Indiana Jones IV is awful

MrPinkPanther
22-05-2008, 01:50 PM
OH MY GOD IT WAS AWFUL. Im a big Indie fan and so went to see it early in the morning, none of it makes any sense whatsoever. For example Shia Lebouf gets stuck on a branch sees some monkeys and he swings across the vines like them and they attack the Russians.

Worst ending ever
They put the crystal skull back and all of these statues link up and they turn into an alien, the russians are sucked into another dimension. The Mayan temple they are in collapses and a giant UFO takes off from underneath it.

Then at the very end Indie gets married and the doors of the church blow open for no reason and his hat flies in, I was like ***.

Misawa
22-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Did you realise that in all walks of film you have to suspend your disbelief? The film was perfectly in correspondance with the previous three films in terms of the supernatural elements. The film was well shot and extremely entertaining and...

Shia's swooping through the jungle with the vines is homage to his father, and Indy's hat doesn't just blow in, it's on a coat hanger and the wind blows it deeper into the chapel. It was teasing a new Indiana Jones in Shia, a passing of the torch if you will, but showed that Indy wasn't quite done. Films aren't spliced together at seemingly sequential randomness, every shot is carefully constructed and crafted to give meaning, obviously you did not investigate the cinematography. I have been a die-hard Jones fan since I was "knee-high to a grasshopper", and I can tell you for one that the film is far, far from awful. I suggest you re-watch it with the open mind that you are supposed to have and prevent yourself from comparing it to the other films. Lucas himself said to not do that, and do not have hopes too high because people may be disappointed, and for the reasons that you have explained, which are not valid.

Hiro
23-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Misawa has put what I was going to put.
Anyways, you don't go to see the ending of the movie...

The whole UFO thing ties in with Area 51 too..

Yeah, I wouldn't say it was the best Indiana Jones movie, but it wasn't THAT bad.

Misawa
23-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Exactly...

For all we know, aliens exist. In the warehouse, the alien that was inside the magnetised crate was from Roswell. It ties in with reality completely.

MrPinkPanther
23-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I love indiana jones but decided to go in with an open mind, not expecting much. When I was in the cinema it seemed it wasnt just me that hated it, I went to the first showing in Swindon for all of the big fans and everyone came out complaining. In my opinion the acting was good but the storyline was very weak, they tried to add special effects that looked very poor and it was full of cliches. It was everything I dreaded it would be.

Stephen!
23-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Exactly...

For all we know, aliens exist. In the warehouse, the alien that was inside the magnetised crate was from Roswell. It ties in with reality completely.

Yeah but you don't really want it to tie in with reality.. It's Indiana Jones!

MrPinkPanther
23-05-2008, 09:57 AM
We want it to be slightly farfetched but I felt the whole film went way to far.

Plux
23-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah but you don't really want it to tie in with reality.. It's Indiana Jones!

It was a cross of both, they threw in reality with the great Indiana Jones theme.

The whole UFO bit, interlinks with the REAL Roswell crashing, and as Misawa said Area 51. :P

A generally good film, I enjoyed it. Not at it's best, but Lucas did say
it may dissapoint.

Stephen!
23-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Lucas said he also had an idea for the 5th film already. Whether spielberg will decide to make it or not i'm not sure. But I hope they do.

Stevehere
23-05-2008, 11:48 AM
As my dad always goes.. "The first films are always the best"

quite true actually

aswell with old films, if theres an old film and then theres another in the sequel of it 20+ years later, then the old ones still beat it

Misawa
23-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Naturally the originals are unbeatable in any case.

The fact that Indy stopped Mutt from putting on the hat was a symbol that he wasn't quite done, which leaves the story open for another installment featuring Jones. Paramount signed on the series for 5 films anyway when Raiders of the Lost Ark was released.

Stephen!
23-05-2008, 11:57 AM
I really thought when I saw that warehouse they were looking for the ark. But then when they get that alien thing, it was a little disappointing. However when you see the smashed corner of the box with the ark inside, i thought that was really cool.

Plux
23-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I really thought when I saw that warehouse they were looking for the ark. But then when they get that alien thing, it was a little disappointing. However when you see the smashed corner of the box with the ark inside, i thought that was really cool.

Yeah, that's what I thought rofl.
It was a good thing.

lewis-moody
23-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Im going to see it tonight or Monday

Ill post my opinions up :D

Redacted
23-05-2008, 03:25 PM
defiently not as good as the others.

lewis-moody
23-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I love love the others

So i hope this isnt a let down

Hiro
23-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I think that what most people are getting here is the disappointment because of all the hype that was generated...
It's happened before, and it'll happen again.

Misawa
23-05-2008, 03:46 PM
It does not beat the original trilogy because they are simply unbeatable timeless classics. It is NOT a disappointed though, and go into it with the OPEN MIND that you are supposed to have.

MrPinkPanther
23-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Even though I was going in not expecting much especially after the Phantom Menace I was majorly dissapointed. I personally feel its ALOT worse than the Phantom Menace.

Misawa
23-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Again, The Phantom Menace wasn't a bad film. People expect it to have the exact same flair as the originals, which is impossible, which is what happened with Jones.

Stephen!
23-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Even though I was going in not expecting much especially after the Phantom Menace I was majorly dissapointed. I personally feel its ALOT worse than the Phantom Menace.

Indiana jones has nothing to do with star wars

Redacted
23-05-2008, 05:24 PM
LOL!!

Indiana Jones and the phatom menace

MrPinkPanther
23-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Indiana jones has nothing to do with star wars
Lucas brings back Star wars, Lucas brings back Indiana Jones. I was merely refering too it.

The way I look at it is if Indiana IV wasnt indiana jones, the exact same film but not the franchise would I have liked it? No. The only reason I feel people like it is because they remember all of the characters fondly.

Misawa
23-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Well that's a rediculous thing to say because the film cannot stand on its own anyway because of how it relates to past films.

lewis-moody
24-05-2008, 10:28 AM
starwars and indy are related coz there bith made by lucas :)

Misawa
24-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Well who doesn't know that?

Lucas produced Indy, directed Star Wars.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!