PDA

View Full Version : So...what firefox addons are there.

Leetzgirl
22-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Any ones that you use?

any great ones? :p

I use ad blocker, and rapidshare link checker.

Boonzeet
22-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Adblocker, CSS-veiwer (it allows you to check for multiple stylesheets), Flashblock, Download Statusbar, Dummy Lipsum, Fission Progress Bar, ForcastFox, SourceCode Tabs, Smooth Scrolling.

Only the useful ones that apply for me :P

Redacted
22-05-2008, 05:03 PM
There are loads, Just put in Google, 'List of Firefox Add-On's.

Leetzgirl
22-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I asking what ones you got :|

Matt.
22-05-2008, 05:30 PM
I have videodownloader, Greasemonkey (never used) and British English dictionary.

iknowkungfu
22-05-2008, 05:33 PM
i've just got the download statusbar.

Jordy
22-05-2008, 05:44 PM
AdBlock Plus - Blocks adverts, rather essential to my internet browsing these days.

British English Dictionary - Text spell checker, highly recommended.

CustomizeGoogle - A variety of Google settings to help modify all the Google service's, vastly improves the way it displays results.

FasterFox - Speeds up Firefox, considerable improvement.

FireFTP - Very basic and simple FTP program inside Firefox, rather useful if you can't be bothered downloading a complicated one.

Gmail Manager - Absolutely amazing google mail manager and alerter, it's very very good and has lots of preferals to suit everyone. I use it so it tells me straight away about any unread new emails on any of my gmail accounts.

Google Browser Sync - Official Google Firefox add-on, syncs your Firefox settings to the Google database and when you install it on another Firefox it syncs the settings back ;)

Googlepedia - Shows a relevant wikipedia article alongside your Google search, rather useful in quiz's.

GooglePreview - Inserts a thumbnail of the website next to the google search results.

IE Tab - View websites as they are in Internet Explorer at the touch of the button, good when coding and viewing silly little 'IE only websites'

ImageBot - Built in image uploader to easily manage and upload multiple images to ImageShack and Photobucket accounts, very easy to use and very useful.

Menu Editor - Change the right click menu and menu's at the top, I get rid of things like the 'Edit' and 'Help' menu which I never use.

MinimizeToTray - Awesome little paranoia tool, whenever you minimize firefox it removes it from the taskbar and goes to a little icon in the system tray. Works great if your on something you shouldn't be and someone comes in.

New Tab Homepage - Whenever you open a new tab, it opens your homepage in the tab instead of just a blank page.

OpenSearchFox - Add more search engines to the search bar in the top right. Right click on the text box to search HabboxForum Members, click add 'Open search' and you can then search HabboxForum members from the search bar. Very useful and easy ;)

ReloadEvery - Create an option to reload a page every x seconds. Very useful on eBay auctions and when your anticipating something :P

Bit of a Firefox add-ons addict if I'm honest...

Kevin
25-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I have

NoScript - Stop's all javascript activity, untill enabled by users.
Main purpose of this is to stop reloaders on fake fansites.

Page title eraser - Removes the title of the page, for privicy.

Realplayer browser record plugin - Detect's all recordable material, and with a simple click, you can download it.

And a couple more, but theese are the important ones :]

Josh-H
25-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Stealther is a good one. Once activated it stops logging history and cookies so you can browse... well... you know :P

Florx
25-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Adblock plus, McAfee SiteAdvisor, ScreenGrab, TimeTracker, Grease Monkey.

Most important has got to be Adblock plus. Adverts do my head in.

Mario
25-05-2008, 11:33 AM
are there any addons that work with the firefox 3 release candidate?

Plank
25-05-2008, 11:56 AM
I have Adblock Plus, Download Statusbar, Image Zoom and New Tab Homepage. A lot of other ones don't work because I'm using ff3.

Judge Judy
25-05-2008, 01:59 PM
are there any addons that work with the firefox 3 release candidate?

Yep, I have AdBlock, Download Statusbar and DownloadHelper working on RC

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!