PDA

View Full Version : BioShock confirmed for PS3 (and mabye additional content)

Fez
22-05-2008, 08:01 PM
http://kotaku.com/5010441/bioshock-confirmed-for-ps3

You knew it had to happen eventually. The cover of the latest issue of the UK's PSM3 magazine features a story on the PlayStation 3 version of just about everyone's 2007 Game of the Year BioShock. According to CVG, whose network PSM3 is part of, the issue will feature a lengthy preview of the PS3 version of the title along with a slew of screenshots.
The title blurb on the front of the cover boasts "Why Xbox's best shooter is better on PS3", possibly suggesting additional content for the new version, but as of right now details are scant. Here's hoping for a better ending!
The next issue of PSM3 is due out June 5th. We would expect the official announcement to follow soon after.
Now while CVG lists this as official confirmation, we're going to go ahead and add the rumor tag on this post until we are 100% positive, just to be on the safe side.

=D

Javascrypt
22-05-2008, 08:14 PM
I have bioshock, played it once. Not my type of game.

Neil
22-05-2008, 08:41 PM
"Why Xbox's best shooter is better on PS3"

Lol I'll believe that when I see it, obviously going to be a port so I highly doubt it'll be better xD

They say the PS3 version of GTA4 is better than the 360 version but...Well we know how that turned out

Don't really see how it could be better at all really xD equal but not better

Josh-H
23-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Just completed this on the 360 yesterday. Great game. :)

mangle
23-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Great game, doubt it'll be better it's a port so yano.

OrangeMobile
23-05-2008, 06:37 PM
It was envitable really wasnt it, Im really hyped about this, it was one thing that nearly made me buy an 360 and then I thought to myself,

Little Big Planets,

And then it was PS3 FTW.

Mario
23-05-2008, 11:03 PM
thats a bioshocker </pun>

Technologic
24-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Oh thank god, i wont have to buy a 360 now.

:D

Aces
24-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Great, getting my ps3 this summer.

Also, It's maybe not mabye

Monkwrestler
02-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Lol I'll believe that when I see it, obviously going to be a port so I highly doubt it'll be better xD
Port how so true so not much difference in graphics expected

They say the PS3 version of GTA4 is better than the 360 version but...Well we know how that turned out
If you are referring to the crash problems I have seen that on a few 360 consoles too so it is definitely not console related

Don't really see how it could be better at all really xD equal but not better
I doubt it will be OMG better but at most some extra ohh cool fetures like extra levels more bosses and different types of play and unlocks but nothing amazing.

Neil
02-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Port how so true so not much difference in graphics expected

If you are referring to the crash problems I have seen that on a few 360 consoles too so it is definitely not console related

I doubt it will be OMG better but at most some extra ohh cool fetures like extra levels more bosses and different types of play and unlocks but nothing amazing.

The PS3 version of GTA has more issues than just crashing

It wont have anything extra, it'll have more plasmids with the retail version but the 360 has them now so it's not much more and anything added to the PS3 version will be released for PC and 360 aswell

Fez
03-06-2008, 09:46 PM
In a recent update it was said that PS3 Bioshock will have graphical tweaks, post-release content from PC & 360 and "A surprise"

Frodo13.
04-06-2008, 11:12 AM
The PS3 version of GTA has more issues than just crashing

Like? I've had no issues with my copy of the game.

Neil
04-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Like? I've had no issues with my copy of the game.

Well playing my friends one it had serious graphical issues, and I was playing it on a HD-TV, it had constant popping, not like the 360 one when sometimes you run into a building and loads objects have pop-in but it's things like grass, lamp posts, cars and people constantly popping in
It had glitches when getting into a car, Niko would walk towards the car then walk backwards away from it, I know this isn't just a one time thing because it happened on more than one occassion

Frodo13.
04-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Well playing my friends one it had serious graphical issues, and I was playing it on a HD-TV, it had constant popping, not like the 360 one when sometimes you run into a building and loads objects have pop-in but it's things like grass, lamp posts, cars and people constantly popping in
It had glitches when getting into a car, Niko would walk towards the car then walk backwards away from it, I know this isn't just a one time thing because it happened on more than one occassion

I must say I've not had a single one of these problems. Exageration much? But even if there was glitches, I'd rather have that then the potential RROD.

Neil
04-06-2008, 05:07 PM
I must say I've not had a single one of these problems. Exageration much? But even if there was glitches, I'd rather have that then the potential RROD.

No, these all happened and constantly aswell, at first I was actually agreeing with people that said the PS3 version would be better, as soon as I actually played it my desicion changed, you can believe all you want but I've played both versions and the flaws in the PS3 version are clearly visible

Technologic
04-06-2008, 07:18 PM
No, these all happened and constantly aswell, at first I was actually agreeing with people that said the PS3 version would be better, as soon as I actually played it my desicion changed, you can believe all you want but I've played both versions and the flaws in the PS3 version are clearly visible
You're juding everything by one copy of the game?

Ahaha.

Neil
04-06-2008, 08:29 PM
You're juding everything by one copy of the game?

Ahaha.

.....Ok if it was constantly crashing then I'd be like "ok his game is messed" but when it's the game itself, not the disk or PS3 but the game that actually looks bad then it's not just one copy of the game, they're all the exact same files on the exact same types of disks, one game wont have lower quality graphics while another has much higher, or did you just not bother to read anything I wrote and assume I'm talking about crashing? :rolleyes:

Technologic
04-06-2008, 09:19 PM
.....Ok if it was constantly crashing then I'd be like "ok his game is messed" but when it's the game itself, not the disk or PS3 but the game that actually looks bad then it's not just one copy of the game, they're all the exact same files on the exact same types of disks, one game wont have lower quality graphics while another has much higher, or did you just not bother to read anything I wrote and assume I'm talking about crashing? :rolleyes:
The latter yes but at least the PS3 doesnt look brown :l

Neil
04-06-2008, 11:06 PM
The latter yes but at least the PS3 doesnt look brown :l

The 360 is white? :rolleyes:

The graphics in the 360 version look better in detail, colour and shading

Technologic
05-06-2008, 06:33 PM
The 360 is white? :rolleyes:

The graphics in the 360 version look better in detail, colour and shading
Well it doesnt matter really, they're both the same, all that matters i that MGS4 is out in 2 weeks.

c[__]
05-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Well it doesnt matter really, they're both the same, all that matters i that MGS4 is out in 2 weeks.
I would like to know why you seem to think it looks brown :S

Pyroka
05-06-2008, 10:18 PM

That was probably the most fanboyish comeback I have EVER HEARD. Sorry, but it's pretty true. Good to hear Bioshock love is being spread tbh.

Technologic
06-06-2008, 03:27 PM
That was probably the most fanboyish comeback I have EVER HEARD. Sorry, but it's pretty true. Good to hear Bioshock love is being spread tbh.
I didnt mean it in a way thatas insulting :l. I meant that it's going to wipe GTA all over the floor, no matter what console

Fez
06-06-2008, 06:26 PM
SURPRISE REVEALED, NEW BIG DADDY

http://images.strategyinformer.com/screenshots/00264825.jpg

Some screens yo

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/2549133702_234c600acb.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3143/2549133644_17777d4fc6.jpg

Monkwrestler
07-06-2008, 05:08 PM
SWEET!
btw about this lame colour this could be because you have not turned on ultra white (or w/e it is) it make the colour far better! sony did it to protect you precious screens as not all of them can use it but the colour ain't as bad as some 360 fans are saying =/

timROGERS
07-06-2008, 06:51 PM
It's a superb game, I played it on PC. Best game I've played story-wise and one of the best in terms of gameplay!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!