PDA

View Full Version : Gambler's phone

The Professor
22-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Got a great little phone for my birthday, it's called the CECT P168 and its essentially a stripped down version of the iPhone for about a third of the price with no contract. Its made by a chinese company and as far as I'm aware is unsupported, so if you buy one you'll have to hope it doesn't break! I hear it has a pretty good reliability record, so that isn't much of a problem.

They're about £70-£90 on eBay or you can get them from other sites, google it. There are drawbacks though: the headphones that come with it are too quiet to hear with, the video quality is dire (for videos uploaded onto the device anyway) and as far as I can find there's no button to change the message tone. But for a third of the price of the iPhone its a nice little piece of kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_vp1jAdKRA

There are other iPhone clones but this is the only one I have experience with. My friend has the "HiPhone" but I hear its prone to breaking so i wouldn't recommend it.

-Jaydee-
22-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Btw why did you name this thready 'Gamberls phone'

Also can you really trust people on ebay with phones like these?

Im intrested in buying one of these.

Are they actually any good?

Ive got £70 would you be able to find the one you bought as the seller would be trusted

Nick.
22-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Btw why did you name this thready 'Gamberls phone'

Also can you really trust people on ebay with phones like these?
Because the phone is for someone who wants to take a gamble, a risk. It's a phone which AFAIK comes with no warranty nor support - so you'd have to hope it doesn't break!

-Jaydee-
22-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Ohhh

I thought he meant like it had poker and **** on it

Redacted
22-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I used to have one, a few weeks back, they really arent that good :S

-Jaydee-
22-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I used to have one, a few weeks back, they really arent that good :S

Are they good for people like me who dont really want alot from a phone?

good looking phones// mp3 // 2.0mp camera

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!