PDA

View Full Version : EuroVision!!

mlp16
23-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I think Armenia Will win!

http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/193-eurovision-celebration

Posted 23-May-2008 Competitions and Polls (http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/category/competitions), Events (http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/category/events)
http://images.habbohotel.co.uk/c_images/article_images_hq/accessories_general.gif
We might be pushing the boat out a little by using the word 'celebration', but Eurovision IS a great opportunity for a party!
Eurovision. You either hate it or you love to hate it. Doesn't really matter which, because you end up watching it all the same, and inevitably you will get caught tapping your foot at some point - even if it is just as recognition for one of Terry Wogan's witty remarks. Fear not! You need not suffer alone! Join the party at Habbo this Saturday.
We have added a temporary Navigator Floor for your Eurovision Parties. Change the category of your party room to Eurovision Party and you'll be able to host your own Euro Party on Saturday 24th May! Invite your friends, chat about the contest and laugh together as Europe provides us with some of the finest examples of what not to do when put on stage in front of a microphone and live audience. It all starts from 8pm!
Oh, and if you are worried that ex dustbin man Andy Abraham will not be popular enough to win the contest for the UK, then don't worry! I checked the list of contestants and Shayne Ward is definitely not competing. In fact, Ireland failed to qualify all together. If only the contest had been in December...

Who do you think will win Eurovision?
We will give a prize to everyone who correctly guesses the name of the winning country and posts the name into our discussion forum BEFORE the contest starts at 8pm on Saturday 24th May. Simply post the name of your chosen country here! (http://www.habbo.co.uk/groups/uk_office/discussions/38755/id)
Lost_Witness

PriceTags
23-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Russia are going to win this year, I think.

mlp16
23-05-2008, 06:51 PM

I Hope not ;p

I think UK will get 3 Points :P

JessicaLOL
23-05-2008, 06:56 PM
UK never get points

mlp16
23-05-2008, 07:01 PM
UK never get points

Beucause we have no neighbouring countrys, except Ireland who gives us like 2 points if we are lucky

Hiro
23-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Beucause we have no neighbouring countrys, except Ireland who gives us like 2 points if we are lucky

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Ireland hate us..most of the UK are Catholics, so they probably won't...

Every country is scared of being attacked by the other, so they give points to gain allies.
UK will be at war soon..

TopManTim
23-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Malta, give us 12 again plz

Xihia
23-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Malta, give us 12 again plz

I HOPE DAT TOO!!!

FRANCE WE LUV U GIV US POINTS -KISSES
IRELAND BMFLZZ!!!!

CoffeeAddict
23-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Who Cares Who Wins,
Turn It Off And Put Doctor Who On!
:@

Ardemax
24-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Who Cares Who Wins,
Turn It Off And Put Doctor Who On!
:@

That's starts at summit like 6:40 :)
Who will win? :P

:Act
24-05-2008, 09:28 AM
lol Dr Who isnt on tonight :p
I reckon Sweden will win.
It will clearly become a competition between Western and Eastern Europe.
Sweden vs Russia.
Personally, i want Portugal to win. It's a brilliant song, and they've never actually won the contest in all the years theyve entered.. it's about time they won :D
But my faves are:
Serbia, Sweden, Portugal, Armenia, Ukraine, Iceland, Azerbaijan, Germany.
I do have more faves but theyre not in the final :(
COME ON WESTERN EUROPE!! BRING IT BACK :D
Look at how many times eastern europe has won in the past few years..
2001 - Estonia
2002 - Latvia
2003 - Turkey
2004 - Ukraine
2005 - Greece [mid europe slightly west tho]
2006 - Finland [west]
2007 - Serbia

We need western europe now :D
xx

red.neon
24-05-2008, 10:21 AM
lol Dr Who isnt on tonight :p
I reckon Sweden will win.
It will clearly become a competition between Western and Eastern Europe.
Sweden vs Russia.
Personally, i want Portugal to win. It's a brilliant song, and they've never actually won the contest in all the years theyve entered.. it's about time they won :D
But my faves are:
Serbia, Sweden, Portugal, Armenia, Ukraine, Iceland, Azerbaijan, Germany.
I do have more faves but theyre not in the final :(
COME ON WESTERN EUROPE!! BRING IT BACK :D
Look at how many times eastern europe has won in the past few years..
2001 - Estonia
2002 - Latvia
2003 - Turkey
2004 - Ukraine
2005 - Greece [mid europe slightly west tho]
2006 - Finland [west]
2007 - Serbia

We need western europe now :D
xx

I'm with Chris on this one! I'm hoping Sweden will win! There song is amazing ;)

mlp16
24-05-2008, 11:39 PM
who won ?? i heard UK came last..

24-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Russia Won :(
Gutted i chose Ukraine and they came 2nd. Sooo close.
UK came joint last with Germany and Poland with 14 points.
Russia won with 230 points. lolol. :D

PriceTags
24-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Russia Won :(
Gutted i chose Ukraine and they came 2nd. Sooo close.
UK came joint last with Germany and Poland with 14 points.
Russia won with 230 points. lolol. :D

Ukraine were nowhere near!! Russia won with 272 btw. Dima Bilan is so arrogant. I wanted Greece to win :(. Ukraine only got second place near the end.

And the semifinal results were :O! Sweden got the jury wildcard, and FYR Macedonia would have been in the final if the old rules were in play.

25-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Ukraine were nowhere near!! Russia won with 272 btw. Dima Bilan is so arrogant.

I meant i was close to getting the Habbo thing pls :P

Lol i watched a video of him accepting his prize or w/e. Anyway he couldnt even say Belgrade hahaha :D

-Danube-
25-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Wooo i said russia in that comp thing, i wanted russia to win anyway was one of the best songs i thinks anyways.

Ardemax
25-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Russia's song was rubbish. I voted for Ukraine, but I thought Greece had a superb song.

Laurensh1
25-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Greece was boring. She only like repeated 4 sentences. It was bad!

Sweden was good, although the singer was fake (she's 34 and already has botox)!
Ukraine also was good..

I wonder if the Netherlands will reach the finals at least... Altought we're sending non-circus acts, we never make it :l

Sharpsterz
25-05-2008, 07:53 AM
why dont we just send a contestent off x factor over

same chance of winning + its less effort

-Danube-
25-05-2008, 09:02 AM
It wouldn't matter who we send, we could send like the best artist in the UK but it's all political now, all the baltic countires vote for each other. A main part of Russia winning is that it supplies the main energy source for the whole of europe. If you watch it you'll see that it is, as it's really suprising when portugal gives spain 10-12.

e5
25-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Russia won and I voted for Russia :D, so I'll get a prize :o

mcfluzzy
25-05-2008, 10:23 AM
I only picked russia for that thing on habbo, because I looked at some betting sites, and they all had Russia up top ;]

OrangeMobile
25-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Lets just give up...
Or send a Queen appriciation band over

-Danube-
25-05-2008, 06:17 PM
I wonder what the prizes are going to be, i think it'll be a badge or a eurovision trax machine or something along them lines

Laurensh1
25-05-2008, 06:26 PM
a eurovision trax machine or something along them lines

doesnt exist btw.

Imp!
25-05-2008, 06:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Ireland hate us..most of the UK are Catholics, so they probably won't...

Every country is scared of being attacked by the other, so they give points to gain allies.
UK will be at war soon..

Yeah Uk wont win because their songs suck anyways

3/4 of Ireland is catholic, you need a lesson in history

-Danube-
25-05-2008, 06:37 PM
doesnt exist btw.

It could do, they could release like a different colour trax machine and call it the eurovision trax machine.

DPS
25-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Norway should of won

Sharpsterz
25-05-2008, 07:06 PM
terry wogen is quite funny

-Danube-
25-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I think he is funny tbh :D

Rixion
25-05-2008, 07:49 PM
armenia should of won

Ashley
25-05-2008, 07:56 PM
armenia should of won

I second that!

PriceTags
25-05-2008, 08:37 PM
A few week ago, Svante Stockselius announced the results of an experiment where the results of Eastern Europe were removed, and there was no change in the results. No huge one anyway.

I conducted a similar experiment with this years results, and Norway would have won, and Russia would be in 11th place.

They should bring back the old 5 year averages and the juries. It's getting out of hand now.

Ardemax
25-05-2008, 08:45 PM
@ Danubes post:
stop acting so: "oh look at me i won something im gonna get a prize and you're not haha" because it's really annoying. you picked someone who was terrible, not my problem. and i don't care if they won or not, its just people like you who rub it in.

JackBuddy
25-05-2008, 08:48 PM
douze point!

-Danube-
26-05-2008, 09:32 AM
@ Danubes post:
stop acting so: "oh look at me i won something im gonna get a prize and you're not haha" because it's really annoying. you picked someone who was terrible, not my problem. and i don't care if they won or not, its just people like you who rub it in.

Lol sorry for telling people i won a prize... why is it you can't say anything on these forums without someone being horrible back, yea i may have not picked the best one as i think armenia and sweden were the best but thats who i picked, i was just telling people i won. i wasn't rubbing it in.

God it's only pixels you gotta be sad if you think i was rubbing it in that i won some pixels.

Minstrels
26-05-2008, 09:35 AM
I can't believe we lost to Spain.

-Danube-
26-05-2008, 09:37 AM
i think spains entry was good, good as in funny like :D

Minstrels
26-05-2008, 09:38 AM
It was something which would be born if Elvis and Borat had intercourse and he found his way into a Guitar Hero shop selling Guitar Hero shirts...

-Danube-
26-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Har har har yeah he did look like a cross between Elvis and Borat :p good find har har har

OhLiam
26-05-2008, 11:25 AM
@ Danubes post:

all I can say to you is 'LOL'

You think if somone says "I won the prize" there rubbing it in?, Eurovision is political so you know whos going to win beforehand, so that doesnt mean he thought Russia was the best?

He can only rub it in if you really really wanted that prize, and because its a habbo prize you can laugh at him back?

terry wogen is quite funny

lol yeah, I like how he makes fun of all the other countries representatives ;)

PriceTags
26-05-2008, 01:03 PM
But it's not over after this one's sang ;).

Laurensh1
26-05-2008, 06:38 PM
lol yeah, I like how he makes fun of all the other countries representatives ;)
Which presentator doesnt? LOLOL!
I must agree, Paul de Leeuw rocks in that. He flirts and makes fun of the language too :p

PriceTags
26-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Which presentator doesnt? LOLOL!
I must agree, Paul de Leeuw rocks in that. He flirts and makes fun of the language too :p

Paul de Leeuw is a legend. He's among my favourite comedians from other countries (like Bjorn Gustaffson - he was quite good at reading out the votes, and he did a good Beatboxing routine at Melodifestivalen)

ExtraKen
26-05-2008, 07:25 PM
O jallisini na tidi

lol I still think belguim should of won :'(

PriceTags
26-05-2008, 07:41 PM
O jallisini na tidi

lol I still think belguim should of won :'(

Did you do any Eurovision alts this year?

Judge Judy
26-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I didn't enter xD

Well done to people who did though.

May 19th 2009 is Eurovision Song Contest lol, so 357 days to go, can't wait xD

mlp16
26-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Terry Wogan might not commentate it no more as he thinks its all about pollitics

Hellspencer
27-05-2008, 12:36 AM
ireland wont give us many points because most of the uk are protestants and there catholics so we were lucky to get points from them

Judge Judy
27-05-2008, 09:32 AM
ireland wont give us many points because most of the uk are protestants and there catholics so we were lucky to get points from them

yet we get most points from them most years (other than that gemini one), so I don't understand how it's lucky sorry :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!