PDA

View Full Version : A Story About Me/And My Dad Getting Age OF Conan In Asda.

Oidz
24-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Ok, so I went to Gamestation, Game, Woolworths all like £40 In there. So I was like no ty, we went to Asda and it was £28.99 so you can see the effect.

Me and my dad walked up to the counter, as the Asda Cashier man put all the stuff in, CD/Books then he asked me is this for you I replied Yes so the man tells My Dad

" I'm sorry he cannot, have this "
And Which is pretty stupid because my dad who is 47 years old who is my legal guardian accepting to buy me this game, is told he cannot buy my son a 18+ Game. My dad also asked questions like so what about when people bought their sons GTA IV. My dad and me left as I was left angry not getting Age OF Conan.

I was absolutely furious so In the end my dad has gone down to the shop to speak to the manager, about that he is a mature grown man and he decides whether his son has the game or doesnt.

I mean it would of been different If I went down as a 15 year old teenager and asked for the game, but I mean when you got your dad with you I dont see the problem. My dad rang me to tell me hes got the game and got a £5 discount for his issues so im happy anyways :]

Who was in the wrong here my dad or the cashier.

PaintYourTarget
24-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Neither were in the wrong. The same rules apply to alcohol, tobacco and dvds; you can't buy an age restricted product for a minor, even if it is your own son.

Usually, most checkout staff can't be arsed with confronting you so will just put it through anyway - just unlucky you got someone having a bad day.

Axel
24-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Should've said no.

Oidz
24-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I Do beleive the cashier man was in thr wrong due to people buying GTA IV fully known well its for their sons also simply because when you have an adult, with you its complete different they have agreed to let their son have the game, they cant turn around and be difficult and say you cant have this because my dad is a mature adult who also is playing it so I am ticked off that I didnt get it earlier, mainly because this man was being all fussy.

Neil
24-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Neither were in the wrong. The same rules apply to alcohol, tobacco and dvds; you can't buy an age restricted product for a minor, even if it is your own son.

Usually, most checkout staff can't be arsed with confronting you so will just put it through anyway - just unlucky you got someone having a bad day.

Those rules do not apply for games, the age rating only applys if say I went to try and buy an 18 game on my own, I wouldn't be able to then but if one of my parents was with me then they are allowed to buy the game for me, they aren't allowed to stop your dad buying it for you so the person in ASDA was the one in the wrong

Moh
24-05-2008, 06:09 PM
With games and DVD's they can't take the cash off you. But if your dad gives the cash to him, its fine.

How did he know the game was only for you? What if you was both going to use the game.

I have bought loads of DVD's and games with my mum with them knowing its for me.

Stevehere
24-05-2008, 07:58 PM
With games and DVD's they can't take the cash off you. But if your dad gives the cash to him, its fine.

How did he know the game was only for you? What if you was both going to use the game.

I have bought loads of DVD's and games with my mum with them knowing its for me.

do you and your mum play cod4? lol

Moh
24-05-2008, 08:00 PM
do you and your mum play cod4? lol
She dosn't know how to use the ps3.

But he was with his dad :P

Fifteen
24-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Pure amazing story +rep

PaintYourTarget
24-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Those rules do not apply for games, the age rating only applys if say I went to try and buy an 18 game on my own, I wouldn't be able to then but if one of my parents was with me then they are allowed to buy the game for me, they aren't allowed to stop your dad buying it for you so the person in ASDA was the one in the wrong
It's the way I was taught when I used to work at Tesco, not that I actually went on tills often. Each individual store and manager has their own policy on it so.

Oidz
25-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Basically the man said to me is this game for you, I didnt know what I was meant to say Yes/No so I said yes and then the man pointed at the 18+ And my dad nodded his head saying yep, thats fine I understand its an 18+. And the man then embarassed my dad making him very angry, to be told he cannot buy this game when he is in his late 40's so I don't see why the man didnt see my dad is a mature adult who has accepted to buy me an 18+ game.

It actually ticked me off, but my dad later went down and complained to the manager and bought the game and got a £5 discount. The man aplogised but It shouldnt of happened like this anyway the man needs to know adults can buy stuff for their games if they have an adult occupied.

Mattch
25-05-2008, 01:42 PM
just do what my parents do

Tell the guy its for them :P (thats how i got GTA 4)

Firehorse
25-05-2008, 01:46 PM
When I bought a 16 from woolworths the cashier asked me to hand the money to my dad so he could hand it to her. I mean what is the difference?

OrangeMobile
25-05-2008, 01:50 PM
At the end of the day, the cashier has a job to do, so to be honest, neither.

Luke
25-05-2008, 09:58 PM
that's weird

because when i got san andreas (way back ;p)

i had my mum with me, and i handed the case to the cashier (this was in woolworths) and then i handed the money to them.

So litterally, they illegally sold me a game..

As i handed the cash to them underage

Oidz
26-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Well I did get the game anyway, and I hope nothing like that happens again I am enjoying Age OF Conan. But still if you got your dad buying it for you, he cant do B/S.

Ashley 12344
30-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Store policy.
Obviously they were in the wrong as you got a £5 apology voucher.

However with alcohol they won't serve if they think its for you (quite often anyway).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!