PDA

View Full Version : disk scratch HELP

Mario
25-05-2008, 09:38 AM
i nudged my xbox with my elbow today and it started making wierd noises, i turned it off and on and took my gta out of it to find it had a huge scratch around the outside, i dont want to put another disk in it incase it scratches that one too, but is there anyway to find out if it'll still scratch other games? and if it does will microsoft fix this?
EDIT: it plays a dvd fine with no scratches, but is there any chance that it might still scratch games?

Mattster
25-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Happened to me, use: ramdom mixtures from the toilet dab it on cloth or on the disk rub it all over then if its like toothpaste wipe it off with water, good luck

addiction
25-05-2008, 09:43 AM
well don't nudge it with your elbow and it wont? :S

Mario
25-05-2008, 09:46 AM
well don't nudge it with your elbow and it wont? :S
it was an accident and the disk was in the xbox when it did it, which is what made it scratch it.

Happened to me, use: ramdom mixtures from the toilet dab it on cloth or on the disk rub it all over then if its like toothpaste wipe it off with water, good luck
so your disk still worked even though it had the scratch on it?

Niko Bellic
25-05-2008, 10:15 AM
You nudged it, pretty much explains how the disc got scratched.. It's not ment to fall while games are playing hence why your disc is now scratched, the lazer scratched it.

Mario
25-05-2008, 10:17 AM
You nudged it, pretty much explains how the disc got scratched.. It's not ment to fall while games are playing hence why your disc is now scratched, the lazer scratched it.
i know thats what scratched it, i was wondering if it would scratch other games and if there were anyways to clean gta.

Alan_Carr
25-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Its probs your dvd drive, mine was crap and scratched all the time, then when i got red rings and sent it bk, they gave me a new updated dvd drive, just wait till u get red rings.

Mario
25-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Its probs your dvd drive, mine was crap and scratched all the time, then when i got red rings and sent it bk, they gave me a new updated dvd drive, just wait till u get red rings.
well it works fine with a dvd, no disk error or scratches at all, i just wanna know if there are any ways to clean my gta disk, if nothing works i'll send it back.

Jord
25-05-2008, 11:19 AM
God hes just asking a question dont need to be so rude.

Urr if it dropped left the disk couldnt of got scratchs it if dropped to the right it has, You need To bring it like game and get it repaired or use like Car scratch cleaner on it etc.

c[__]
25-05-2008, 01:41 PM
If it's fine with a DVD then why would it be different with a game. :rolleyes:

Hiro
25-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Happened to me twice.
I was actually lucky enough to not have any scratches on any of the discs ^_^

Minstrels
25-05-2008, 02:20 PM
It shouldn't scratch other games if it hasn't harmed the DVD.

Mario
25-05-2008, 02:21 PM
It shouldn't scratch other games if it hasn't harmed the DVD.
thanks, and thanks for not being rude about it :)

c[__]
25-05-2008, 02:28 PM
thanks, and thanks for not being rude about it :)
I said the same thing...

Oleh
25-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I did that and it demolished my halo got a inch thick circle on it luckily for me i had done the achievments i wanted

Mario
25-05-2008, 04:59 PM
I did that and it demolished my halo got a inch thick circle on it luckily for me i had done the achievments i wanted
ouch... at least you had the achievements done though, ive tried the toothpaste thing and it didnt work, im gunna try and go into town tomorrow to see if game or gamestation can fix it. oh and one question, if i get it fixed by a professional shop like game will it definatly work?

Xbox
25-05-2008, 05:41 PM
ouch... at least you had the achievements done though, ive tried the toothpaste thing and it didnt work, im gunna try and go into town tomorrow to see if game or gamestation can fix it. oh and one question, if i get it fixed by a professional shop like game will it definatly work?
They are professional for a reason.

Mario
25-05-2008, 05:42 PM
They are professional for a reason.
Lol thanks :) i just wanted to be sure.

today
25-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Use the banana scheme!

Xbox
25-05-2008, 05:45 PM
btw, if it helps maybe lie the xbox down, then no chance of scratching :D

Ashley 12344
25-05-2008, 06:32 PM

Thats alright then. Doesn't matter if you can't play again so long as you have the achievements.

Minstrels
25-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Thats alright then. Doesn't matter if you can't play again so long as you have the achievements.
Yep, just buy the games for the GS eh? Never for fun...

Jordy
25-05-2008, 09:03 PM
If you actually read the big sticker over the disk drive when you got the Xbox 360 it says 'DO NOT MOVE THE XBOX 360 CONSOLE WHEN THERE IS A DISK INSIDE AS IT WILL CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE DISK' - As you accidentally knocked over the console, it obviously was scratched and it's no surprise really, if you bothered to read that you wouldn't need to ask the question :P

You could try various disk cleaning methods, or try a disk fixer but apparently they're not much good.

Try putting your console horizontal so it doesn't happen again.

Niko Bellic
25-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Bring it to Game, they'll remove one layer of the disc for £2 which will cause it to remove all scratches and work as new. :)

Mario
25-05-2008, 09:48 PM
btw, if it helps maybe lie the xbox down, then no chance of scratching :D

i was thinking about doing that, but i was worried about the air ventilation because one of the fans would be facing the top of my cabinet, would this make much of a difference?

Mario
25-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Sorry for double post, it went all weird.

Jord
25-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Happened to me twice.
I was actually lucky enough to not have any scratches on any of the discs ^_^

Prob fell to the left :P

Sorry for double post, it went all weird.

Put your xbox on the floor stand it up then push it down left so the disk drive says XBOX 360 not upside down or anything.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!