PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band :)

Xbox
25-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Well, i don't know if this is the right section but it seems to fit..
after buying rock band yesterday i decided to try and make a video.. and well i am quite happy with the results :)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pn0P2yWuChw
Song is dirty little secret and i scored 95% on hard
Enjoy :)

Jord
25-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Nice vid do on expert, Do on for guitar i wanna see how it works.

Kardan
25-05-2008, 10:43 PM
I would make videos, but firstly rock band is too easy... I got 100% on my first try of Should I stay or should I go on expert guitar... And two, all the Americans have their videos up already :) Plus I don't have that thing that'll record directly of my TV and I can't be bothered spending money on it :)

Neil
25-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Rock Band does look really easy o.O
The vocals is probably the hardest part to do on expert

Xbox
25-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah,
1. Did i ask for your life story?
2. Do i care if americans have their vids up already?
3. Rock band isn't " too easy " i'd love to see you 100% the drums on expert?
4. I didn't even use a dazzle.. just a video camera :|

Oh and neil, yeah it looks easy but the foot pedal is HARD..

Kardan
25-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Yeah,

*Sigh*

1) Where did I give my life story?
2) Where did I say that YOU shouldn't post vids because Americans have.
3) I said that Guitar is too easy on expert compared to the Guitar Hero series. And when I can 100% an expert drums I'll tell you.
4) I never said you used dazzle. I said I can't be bothered to get it.

:)

And Vocals is the easiest part of the four piece band :)

Xbox
25-05-2008, 10:50 PM
*Sigh*

1) Where did I give my life story?
2) Where did I say that YOU shouldn't post vids because Americans have.
3) I said that Guitar is too easy on expert compared to the Guitar Hero series. And when I can 100% an expert drums I'll tell you.
4) I never said you used dazzle. I said I can't be bothered to get it.

:)

And Vocals is the easiest part of the four piece band :)

Dont exactly wanna argue but yes, guitar is 100x easier on rockband than guitar hero. I should know. I used to play it 24/7.
Did you even watch the video? or are you just one of those awquard people who come into threads to cause arguements

Kardan
25-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Dont exactly wanna argue but yes, guitar is 100x easier on rockband than guitar hero. I should know. I used to play it 24/7.
Did you even watch the video? or are you just one of those awquard people who come into threads to cause arguements

I did watch the video and no I don't cause arguments because I want too. In my first post I said that I wouldn't do videos etc, yet you assume that I've said you shouldn't do videos? :S

And I've played Guitar Hero endlessly aswell... Meh.

Xbox
25-05-2008, 10:53 PM
fair enough. But i just thought you didn't watch it because you didn't mention my video in your post..
and yeah i couldnt be bothered with gh3 when i got stuck on the 7th set on expert :/

Kardan
25-05-2008, 10:55 PM
fair enough. But i just thought you didn't watch it because you didn't mention my video in your post..
and yeah i couldnt be bothered with gh3 when i got stuck on the 7th set on expert :/

I'm stuck on 8th set of expert. Can do through the fire and flames yet can't do raining blood :)

Xbox
25-05-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm stuck on 8th set of expert. Can do through the fire and flames yet can't do raining blood :)
Oh yeah, raining blood took me ages to do on hard :S
I'll add you later.. maybe we could do band on rock band.. meh

yido
26-05-2008, 12:31 AM
I would make videos, but firstly rock band is too easy... I got 100% on my first try of Should I stay or should I go on expert guitar... And two, all the Americans have their videos up already :) Plus I don't have that thing that'll record directly of my TV and I can't be bothered spending money on it :)

lmao stop lying dude u didnt beat that song 1st time on expert and u didnt do TFAF on expert i dont see the game score u got for it lmao dude you just lie get proof otherwise your lying trying to seem that your the best on forum

Neil
26-05-2008, 01:07 AM
lmao stop lying dude u didnt beat that song 1st time on expert and u didnt do TFAF on expert i dont see the game score u got for it lmao dude you just lie get proof otherwise your lying trying to seem that your the best on forum

He might of done it online or in practice? :rolleyes:

He probably is the best on Habbox

Alan_Carr
26-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Nice starter video mate, i wna see the singing though :D
I want this game.... But too much.

Xbox
26-05-2008, 09:32 AM
hmm maybe i'll do some singing soon ;)

Alba
26-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Why even waste your time on a game that requires excessive practising and playing to beat the expert modes/being able to compete online with some freaks?

I'm not trying to downgrade anybody here, but you should just buy yourself a real guitar, or set of drums, which would work out CHEAPER than buying this game along with the peripherals.

At the end of the day, whats more better. Buying a toy, and playing it on TV. Or being able to play some of your favorite
songs yourself?

Coheed&Cambria
26-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Why even waste your time on a game that requires excessive practising and playing to beat the expert modes/being able to compete online with some freaks?

I'm not trying to downgrade anybody here, but you should just buy yourself a real guitar, or set of drums, which would work out CHEAPER than buying this game along with the peripherals.

At the end of the day, whats more better. Buying a toy, and playing it on TV. Or being able to play some of your favorite
songs yourself?

I already play drums, guitar and bass guitar. So it doesent mean musician's cant play it. And also, a 7 peice begginer drum kit would cost around 150 - 170 quid. A guitar (cheap one) would cost around 110 quid. And then you have to buy new strings if they break, a amp, leads, picks, accesorys so it comes to the same price , if not more. And with the drum kit, the skins are very expensive to replace, you need to put it in a garage, or a padded/sound proof room so the sound of the kit doesent shatter the plaster on the walls. :)

Alba
26-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I already play drums, guitar and bass guitar. So it doesent mean musician's cant play it. And also, a 7 peice begginer drum kit would cost around 150 - 170 quid. A guitar (cheap one) would cost around 110 quid. And then you have to buy new strings if they break, a amp, leads, picks, accesorys so it comes to the same price , if not more. And with the drum kit, the skins are very expensive to replace, you need to put it in a garage, or a padded/sound proof room so the sound of the kit doesent shatter the plaster on the walls. :)

I know sites and stores that do good guitars from £45-90. It's not all about brands or having one with a good design. I'm not trying to take the mick, but games like Rock Band, and Guitar Hero especially are just pointless to me.

Anyone with half an ounce of talent that plays these games could easily do just as well on a real guitar.

Btw, On Rock Band. You can just HUM the singing part. A guy that lives down my way has had it for months, and thats how I've ever done it when I've played.

Xbox
26-05-2008, 04:13 PM
some people don't have the space for drums for god sake. Why would you even bother saying that. I bet that you can't play the drums? People play it because its a fun game? Why even bother coming into my thread and taking the piss out of the game. Wow your such a big man:rolleyes: Just loves to be plain awquard.

Neil
26-05-2008, 04:23 PM
I know sites and stores that do good guitars from £45-90. It's not all about brands or having one with a good design. I'm not trying to take the mick, but games like Rock Band, and Guitar Hero especially are just pointless to me.

Anyone with half an ounce of talent that plays these games could easily do just as well on a real guitar.

Btw, On Rock Band. You can just HUM the singing part. A guy that lives down my way has had it for months, and thats how I've ever done it when I've played.

The thing is people play real intruments as a hobby or they plan to make a career out of it, not everyone wants to play music for a living, buying rock band or guitar hero is just a way to play your favourite songs without the years of learning, you actually spend less money paying for GH3 aswell as Rock band with a full set of peripherals as you would the real thing, the simple fact is if you want to play the real thing then you have to buy a guitar, you have to buy an amp, you then need books/videos or if you're like me then you need a teacher, you need loads more JUST for a real guitar which would cost more than Rock Band and GH3 together, I should know I have a bass, 2 acoustic guitars and an electric guitar, I can't play any of them because I can't learn from books and I don't want to waste money on a teacher

Also you spend more time practising with a real guitar than for RB or GH, you can do from easy to expert in a month or two if you play a few days a week
A real guitar could take like 2 years to learn and you still wont be able to play your favourite songs properly

Xbox
26-05-2008, 04:27 PM
The thing is people play real intruments as a hobby or they plan to make a career out of it, not everyone wants to play music for a living, buying rock band or guitar hero is just a way to play your favourite songs without the years of learning, you actually spend less money paying for GH3 aswell as Rock band with a full set of peripherals as you would the real thing, the simple fact is if you want to play the real thing then you have to buy a guitar, you have to buy an amp, you then need books/videos or if you're like me then you need a teacher, you need loads more JUST for a real guitar which would cost more than Rock Band and GH3 together, I should know I have a bass, 2 acoustic guitars and an electric guitar, I can't play any of them because I can't learn from books and I don't want to waste money on a teacher

Also you spend more time practising with a real guitar than for RB or GH, you can do from easy to expert in a month or two if you play a few days a week
A real guitar could take like 2 years to learn and you still wont be able to play your favourite songs properly

AMEN.
Its getting boring people saying the same old things.. " play real guitar " " play real drums ". Its just a fun way to relax and play with friends?:S
at what other point will you get to play a song with your friends? Not everyone wants to spend there time learning to play an instrument..

Kardan
26-05-2008, 04:44 PM

I did get 100% on SISOSIG on expert first time, I can take a picture of it if you really want it :rolleyes:

And I have completed TTFAF, I have my 98% failed picture on my computer, need to upload my final score picture though.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/Kardan-habbo/98.jpg

And I never said anywhere I was the best in Habbox, and I doubt I am.

Xbox
26-05-2008, 04:52 PM
no spamzor my thread plz :'(

Alba
26-05-2008, 04:52 PM
some people don't have the space for drums for god sake. Why would you even bother saying that. I bet that you can't play the drums? People play it because its a fun game? Why even bother coming into my thread and taking the piss out of the game. Wow your such a big man:rolleyes: Just loves to be plain awquard.
I actually can play drums. But I'm not good.
Learn the rules of a forum gutter boy. I'm stating my oppinion about this game.

Fair enough man. About the just wanting to play the game part. You don't need an amp to play acoustic. Unless your gonna go on stage.
If you have the dedication to play something, you can do it. The internet is a wonderful tool also for learning guitar. If you have 3 perfectly good guitars you should put them to good use.

Xbox
26-05-2008, 04:53 PM

Fair enough man. About the just wanting to play the game part. You don't need an amp to play acoustic. Unless your gonna go on stage.
If you have the dedication to play something, you can do it. The internet is a wonderful tool also for learning guitar. If you have 3 perfectly good guitars you should put them to good use.

*REMOVED*

Edited by Neil (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other members

Niko Bellic
26-05-2008, 04:59 PM

******* ALERT* Please do not use words that may be too complex for user "Alba" to understand.

Okay, here we go. Who the hell are you to tell someone they can't play a game purely for fun? Maybe they don't want to learn loads of notes on a guitar, they're playing this game simply for fun and actually you're wrong. It's a sence of achievement if you can get a certain amount of stars and different difficulties done on each song, I'm sure you don't know what a achievement is, well you probably do, because at the moment you've achieved Habbox Forums biggest *****.

Some people don't have room for a whole drum set and guitars, hence why they buy this game, we don't care if you can play guitar in real life. This is a game which was made for fun, get that into your head you pillock.

Edited By nvrspk4 (Assistant General Manager): Please do not be rude.

Coheed&Cambria
26-05-2008, 05:50 PM

Your the one being awkward. And i can play drums, if you want to know im actully in a band and we have sent our demo to some small record labels like Uprising records and lots of others. So don't say i cant play drums when you don't know the truth. And my argument is that musicians and gamers can both buy the game, im not saying its wrong for either a gamer to play and instrument, or a musician to play a game.

Kardan
26-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Why do people moan at other people for playing music games?

It's like me telling you to go and steal some car, and shoot some people instead of playing Grand Theft Auto.

The reason you don't is because it's much easier, like Rock Band is much easier than playing a real guitar or drums :)

Kardan
22-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah,

Oh and neil, yeah it looks easy but the foot pedal is HARD..

Apologies for the double post, but I'm adding info :)

If you check my gamertag, I have got 100% on an expert drums song :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!