PDA

View Full Version : Internet Connection Lost HELP

ams30
26-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Okay, this has been annoying me for a long while now and i have been browsing various forums and nobody has really been any help to me and my problem.

Basically, every so often i get "Connection Reset" on the firefox browser, as well as this, my connection is actually reset where my Skype and MSN Messenger both disconnect and i am not able to load any websites for around 20 seconds... The connection will then reconnect itself.. This happens to me on average 3 times an hour and is really really annoying what with school work and such.

I am using a router and am with 02 Broadband.

Any solutions are appreciated and rewarded with rep..

Zaub
31-05-2008, 01:17 PM
I'd say that your router is either crap or faulty. Try your internet with a different one if you can and see how you go.

Lulz
01-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Reset your router, if that still fails, your router has proberly died, buy a new one.

Damian15
03-06-2008, 10:09 PM
First of all, I'd suggest it is probably your router, but before considering a replacement, phone 02 up and ask them to make sure your connection isn't faulty at all as it may be a fault on their end.

Catzsy
03-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Could be the ISP software has corrupted a bit too. Does your ISP have autofix? If so run that to renew your connection. Try re-installing the ISP software. If not you need to get in touch with the ISP as suggested before.

Astone
04-06-2008, 11:22 AM
It could be that your connection splitter is not functioning properly or it is connected wrong. If you have more than 1 phone line in your house and use it to connect to the Internet, you will need a splitter to divert the connection. If that's not the problem, and if your router is fine, then you should probably contact your Internet Service Provider or the router manufacturer. Good luck!

Independent
04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Harah! You've found support..

I am with o2 broadband too, I don't get this problem. But to help you, I need to know if you are using the LLU connection (o2adsl2_plus) or the normal DSL (O2_ADSL)

Try restarting your o2 wireless box, replace your filter, if you're using any sort of phone line extender, you must remove it and try it without one.

+Catsy - all o2 provides (software) is a connection troubleshooter and Mcaffee.

If you are unsure of which connection you're using, I have provided a screenshot below.
http://www.tehupload.com/images/app-24251596754850319619.png
The one your using should state that it's connected, the one you're not using should state that its connecting.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!