PDA

View Full Version : Transferring files onto computer

kk.
26-05-2008, 10:05 PM
is it possible for me to move files from my freeview box to my computer (recorded programs) it has a USB port and the model is thomson dti6300-16. If their is would I need a double ended USB cable?

Redacted
26-05-2008, 10:12 PM
No, you cant do it.

Jordy
26-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Heya, the USB port is to update the firmware on the box from the computer. Someone asked the same question on another forum and here's a detailed and useful answer.

Hi David,
Unfortunately I doubt you can control the PVR from your computer.
The USB in the front apears the only way one can manually update the firmware on the machine (no serial ports). You cant transfer recordings through it either but in the future who knows...

What might be a good idea is to put the TUTV Anytime viewing card into the slot on a Humax PVR to view and record the TUTV Anytime content and sell the Thomson box on ebay. On the Humax the you can search for programmes you like or by genre including the TUTV and TUTV Anytime programmes, and make your choices that way. The USB on the Humax is for transfering recordings to a PC or mac - not for software updates. Software updates are either over the air or via the serial port from a PC. See www.pvrjunction.co.uk/compare (http://www.pvrjunction.co.uk/compare)

kk.
26-05-2008, 10:38 PM
so saw that post actually, its just strange that you wouldn't be able to. I mean its a hard drive and is USB. that link in that post is wrong because you can get subtitles lol. Are you sure you can't like view hidden files or something lol

Redacted
26-05-2008, 10:39 PM
You might, try it.

kk.
26-05-2008, 10:45 PM
the only thing was that the reason behind me asking was to see if I could and so I didnt waste money on the double ended cable lol

Stephen!
26-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Well I would have thought you could take the hard drive out of the box and stick it in your computer. I know it seems a little extreme but it should work.

kk.
26-05-2008, 10:58 PM
lol that could work but I'm not going to risk messing it up and plus I dont know how to make computers :P I'll see if my friends have one. Thanks for your help

Flisker
27-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Well look with linux cos on my nokia if i look at the phone contents from pc windows box it only shows folders and i look in linux and it shows everything...

Try it xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!