PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or..

Firehorse
27-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Is it me or has habboxlive gotten more childish since last year? I haven't listened to it for a long time because the music the DJs started playing was for 5 year olds. I can't believe 14 year old radio DJs play the burger dance :S

Are they really djs or is habboxlive just desperate for staff?

Also what happened to the player at the bottom of the forum, the popup was really handy.

Neversoft
27-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I listened to it like a year ago and some DJ played some hamster song. I closed it straight away and never listened again.

,Jess,
27-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Wth is the burger dance lolol?
It's not like that all the time. A lot DJs to steer clear from the novelty songs. If you tune into someone different to who you were then you would see.

Ooh and the forum thing, not entirely sure.

e5
27-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I think you ought to find some more experienced DJ's and older DJ's and then i'll tune into Habbox because I agree, atm the dj's aren't that good.

scott
27-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Most of the djs are experinced, remember they do it for fun nothing else. :)

,Jess,
27-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I think you ought to find some more experienced DJ's and older DJ's and then i'll tune into Habbox because I agree, atm the dj's aren't that good.

It's not as easy as that, people are picked upon their ability and people can improve over time and gain experience. I really don't think you have tuned in much and although my opinion would probably be classed as biased I can confidently say that the standard of DJing at the moment is at one of the highest levels it has been since I have been HxL staff.

I really don't like when people generalise what they hear from one DJ to all the staff because it isn't fair on them seeing as a lot of people do this for fun yet still put in tons of time and effort. I have no idea what sort of standard you are expecting but it is a Habbo radio station at the end of the day.

scott
27-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Radio 1 standards :eusa_whis

Anyway sum1 said about the radio at the bottom of the forum i liked having that :D it was handy :)

X-deano-X
27-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Lol to true!! it needs to be like radio 1

Nah, i think the Dj's do a great job considering they put loads of time into it, and they dont get nothing in return (pay)
most dj's play songs like that just for the laugh, any other time they a good songs.

scott
27-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Also dont forget most of the time the songs played are requests, so if its a song you dont like then blame the person who requested it not the dj :P

Firehorse
27-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Also dont forget most of the time the songs played are requests, so if its a song you dont like then blame the person who requested it not the dj :P

If so many songs are played as requests I think you need to review the actual age group of people using habbox.

edit: I just tuned in now to hear a djing who cannot sing kareoking to a song. I mean thats just illogical!

Boonzeet
27-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Some of the DJ's shows are okay. We don't need variety, we need DJ's that play varieties at certain times. Like at 8-9 PM for example, have a "Rock Hour", then have certain DJ's that play certain music.

I have never listened to Habbox since they played the Happy Happy Fun Fun song from bloody BARNEY about 7 months ago.

Think, the people that use this site are most likely 14-17, with some over and under.

,Jess,
27-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Some of the DJ's shows are okay. We don't need variety, we need DJ's that play varieties at certain times. Like at 8-9 PM for example, have a "Rock Hour", then have certain DJ's that play certain music.

I have never listened to Habbox since they played the Happy Happy Fun Fun song from bloody BARNEY about 7 months ago.

Think, the people that use this site are most likely 14-17, with some over and under.

We have a new permenant show that takes place each week Saturday 9-10pm which is dedicated to one genre of music each week. So it changes, as does the DJ. The first 2 weeks there have been disrupted because of certain problems but hopefully it will go ahead the next few weeks.

Boonzeet
27-05-2008, 02:49 PM
It's still not enough. People like me for example, who are into bands that play Rock, and don't like the chavvy **** that is normally played (Garage, Rap, Hip-Hop, Techno), don't listen to the radio.

I'm talking about a daily show for each genre, as this saturday slot means one genre probably won't be played for about 6 weeks.

Some idiotic songs are played, absolute stupid things like the Happy Happy Fun Fun song, or the Hamster Rap, Starwars Gangster Rap, the Chicken Song, The Fluffy Bunny song, or the Burger Dance have been played. Stupid songs ruin the radio.

Whereas it may be funny for the DJ, it puts off a lot of people. This is a site aimed at teenagers that really, I don't think could get more childish.

,Jess,
27-05-2008, 03:14 PM
It's still not enough. People like me for example, who are into bands that play Rock, and don't like the chavvy **** that is normally played (Garage, Rap, Hip-Hop, Techno), don't listen to the radio.

I'm talking about a daily show for each genre, as this saturday slot means one genre probably won't be played for about 6 weeks.

Some idiotic songs are played, absolute stupid things like the Happy Happy Fun Fun song, or the Hamster Rap, Starwars Gangster Rap, the Chicken Song, The Fluffy Bunny song, or the Burger Dance have been played. Stupid songs ruin the radio.

Whereas it may be funny for the DJ, it puts off a lot of people. This is a site aimed at teenagers that really, I don't think could get more childish.

That wouldn't be practical, if a show like that took place everyday it would put off a lot of our listeners and result in them going elsewhere, the radio aims to play variety and on the whole that is what is played not every listener will like every song or DJ etc.

BRAIDEN2
27-05-2008, 03:17 PM
that gummy bear song OMG i hate it its on like all the time
and when i went on some other radio sites there it was agen >:l

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn65/braiden-habbo/?action=view&current=habbosubway.jpg

Boonzeet
27-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah, but think of it this way Jess. The majority of songs played ARE chavvy ****.

Quite a lot of the time, the DJ's play what they want to play.

Man I wish I could be a DJ... I'd have my little hour of "Alternative Music".

hiyababes
27-05-2008, 03:43 PM
i knoow i dont listen to it my self but i know people that do and they said " they listened thjen they dint as it swas rubbish and babyish" so yer

scott
27-05-2008, 03:45 PM
The djs play music that is requested, there is a great variety of songs that are played on air, personally today all ive heard is one of these "idiotic songs" and these songs are played for fun, thats what djs are here for fun and to provide fun for the listeners.
Why dont you become a DJ when the applications open then? bring some of your music to the radio :P

,Jess,
27-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Yeah, but think of it this way Jess. The majority of songs played ARE chavvy ****.

Quite a lot of the time, the DJ's play what they want to play.

Man I wish I could be a DJ... I'd have my little hour of "Alternative Music".

No, the majority of songs aren't chavvy ****.

The main problem I see is overplaying of chart music, which to you may be chavvy **** but generalising all DJs is wrong and it is what is requested most. DJs try to play different types of music and DJs do not just play what they want to play.

Over half the songs I have on my computer I wouldn't even consider putting onto my mp3 player etc because I actually don't like them but if I'm DJing and they got requested I would play them. I am sure other DJs are the same as me.

You seem quite negative in the way you say DJs just play what they want then say you would have your own "alternative hour" - so that wouldn't be playing what you want?

DJs cater for their listeners but because they are not clones of each other they give their own input. Sometimes the songs being requested might be all of one genre therefore a DJ wouldn't just bung them on one after the other because they realise that is too much so they mix it up with choices of their own.

samsaBEAR
27-05-2008, 10:40 PM
bethie was the best DJ imo, except she'd DJ at like 11pm-1 in the morning

NarielUK
28-05-2008, 12:24 AM
This is an interesting thread...time for my 5p worth methinks! Alright, although not all our music will appeal to you there are many DJs (myself included) who will play a wide variety of music just within a 1 hour show for goodness sake. Tonight for example I played some pop, some metal, a song from a musical, a Bollywood tune, one or two rock songs, a little r'n'b, multiple requests, a classic dance tune and some older hits as well. When you have listened to every single DJ for at least half an hour then you can start making judgements, until then however, try to keep an open mind as we are not all the same and we are all different ages!

YesI play Bollywood tunes, I happen to like the beats...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!